Top 15 Important International Auto and Motor Shows
An AUTO SHOW, also known as a motor show, is a public exhibition of current automobile models, debuts, concept cars, or out-of-production classics. It is commonly attended by automobile manufacturers. Most auto shows occur once or twice a year. They are vital to car manufacturers and local dealers as a public relations exercise, for advertising products, and for increasing publicity.
- 2016 11 coolest cars at the Geneva motor show - Wired.
- AUTO SHOW - Wikipedia.
- List of auto shows and motor shows by continent - Wikipedia.
- Meet the Swankiest People of America’s Swankiest Car Competition - Wired.
- There are auto shows, and then there is Geneva - The Verge.
Top 15 International Auto Shows
- AUTO CHINA | Beijing International Automotive Exhibition - auto show held biennially in Beijing, China since 1990. It has now become one of three top auto shows in the world along with Frankfurt and Detroit.
- AUTO SHANGHAI - biennial international automobile show that alternates with the Beijing Auto Show.
- CHICAGO AUTO SHOW - since 1901. Held annually in February at Chicago's McCormick Place convention complex. the largest auto show in North America and the third largest in the world (Frankfurt is #1 and Paris is #2, although those shows are biennial).
- CONCORSO D'ELEGANZA VILLA D'ESTE - since 1929. The most significant of all events celebrating the mystique of Historic Cars.
- DETROIT AUTO SHOW - North American International Auto Show. Annual auto show held in Detroit, Michigan at the COBO Center.
- ESSEN MOTOR SHOW - "Germany’s version of SEMA". The world's biggest car tuning fair.
- GENEVA INTERNATIONAL MOTOR SHOW - since 1905. French: Salon International de l'Auto. Annual auto show held in March. The show is hosted at the Geneva Palexpo | Palais des Expositions et des Congrès, Route François-Peyrot 30, 1218 Le Grand-Saconnex, a convention centre located next to the Geneva Cointrin International Airport.
- IAA | Frankfurt Motor Show - since 1897. (International Motor Show | Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung). "The world's most automobile show." World´s leading automotive fair at Frankfurt/Main, Germany. Venue: Fairground of Messe Frankfurt, Ludwig-Erhard-Anlage 1, D-60327 Frankfurt/Main, Germany.
- LA AUTO SHOW - Los Angeles Auto Show. Annual auto show held at the Los Angeles Convention Center in late November/early December.
- NEW YORK INTERNATIONAL AUTO SHOW - since 1900. Annual auto show that is held in Manhattan in late March or early April. It is held at the Jacob Javits Convention Center. It usually opens on or just before Easter weekend and closes on the first Sunday after Easter.
- NORTH AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL AUTO SHOW | NAIAS - Detroit Auto Show. Annual auto show held in Detroit, Michigan at the COBO Center.
- PARIS MOTOR SHOW - biennial auto show in Paris, France. The first motor show in the world, started in 1898 by industry pioneer, Albert de Dion. Held around October, it is one of the most important auto shows, often with many new production automobile and concept car debuts. The show presently takes place in Paris expo Porte de Versailles.
- PEBBLE BEACH CONCOURS D'ELEGANCE - first conducted in 1950, the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance is often said to be the world’s premier celebration of the automobile. "Once each year, on the third Sunday in August, about 200 of the most prized collector cars and motorcycles in the world roll onto the fairway of what is often called the best finishing hole in golf — the famed eighteenth at Pebble Beach Golf Links."
- SEMA | Specialty Equipment Market Association SHOW - "The premier automotive specialty products trade event in the world. It draws the industry’s brightest minds and hottest products to one place, the Las Vegas Convention Center."
- Techno Classica Essen - since 1989. "World Show for Vintage, Classic and Prestige Automobiles, Motorcycles and Spare Parts, Restoration and World Club Meeting." The World's Greatest Classic Car Show. 2014 Event: 190,400 visitors from 41 countries! Over 1250 exhibitors from 41 countries! Over 120,000 square metres of exhibition floor space in 17 halls! Approximately 2500 automobiles for sale! Over 220 presentations from clubs and museums!
- TOKYO AUTO SALON - annual auto show held in January at the Makuhari Messe, Chiba City, Japan for Performance and custom dress-up parts and technology display.
- Tokyo Motor Show - biennial auto show held in October–November at the Tokyo Big Sight, Tokyo, Japan for cars, motorcycles and commercial vehicles.
- TOP MARQUES MONACO - "The Only Live Supercar Show in the World." See it, drive it, buy it!