Top 50 Best Bespoke / Made-To-Measure Shirtmakers
BESPOKE is a British English word that means a clothing item made to a buyer's specification (personalised or tailored). While the term historically is applied to only men's tailored clothing, it now generally includes footwear, fine jewellery and other apparel, implying measurement and fitting. For most non-clothing items, the term build to order is usually used instead, although the term 'bespoke applications' is often used to refer to custom software built by a company for its own use by a department other than the IT department.
The distinguishing points of bespoke tailoring are the buyer's total control over the fabric used, the features and fit, and the way the garment should be made. More generally, "bespoke" describes a high degree of customisation, and involvement of the end-user, in the production of the goods. Cad & the Dandy, a modern Savile Row tailor, describes true bespoke as having a full floating canvas, basted fitting and detailed hand finishing.
MADE-TO-MEASURE typically refers to clothing that is sewn from a standard-sized base pattern. A tailored suit is a common example of a made-to-measure garment. The fit of a made-to-measure garment is expected to be superior to that of a ready-to-wear garment, because ready-to-wear garments are constructed to fit the manufacturer's definition of an average customer, while made-to-measure garments are constructed to fit each customer individually. However, made-to-measure items are seen by many to involve less workmanship than bespoke or "custom made" garments, as made-to-measure garments always involve some form of standardization in the patterning and manufacturing processes, whereas a bespoke garment is made entirely from scratch based on a customer's specifications. Typically, a made-to-measure garment will be more expensive than ready-to-wear garment but cheaper than a bespoke one.
- ALAN FLUSSER BESPOKE - "Permanent Style." New York City.
- ALEXANDER KABBAZ - designer of Gordon Gekko's (Michael Douglas') shirts.
- ANTHONY SINCLAIR - 34 Montagu Square, London W1H 2LJ, U.K.
- Antonio Valente - "High quality custom and bespoke shirts." Proudly designed and manufactured in Canada.
- ASCOT CHANG - since 1953. "Our bespoke shirts are made up of at least 25 different components and we provide a multitude of distinct choices and options for each one. With over 5,000 fabrics, 20 collar and cuff styles, 10 collar lining options, 24 monogram styles, and 30 monogram thread colors, style combinations are limited only by your imagination." Head office: Kowloon, Hong Kong. United States office: 110 Central Park South, New York City, NY 10019.
- BARRINGTON AYRE - "Luxury Made in England." Bespoke & tailored shirts.
- BENSON & CLEGG - founded in 1937. 9 Piccadilly Arcade, London, U.K. Made-to-measure shirts.
- Blackpier - "Bespoke Suits and Shirts Online for Men." Design your garment, customize it and measure yourself in 10 minutes. Within 15 working days you will receive your order at home.
- Bowring Arundel - "One of the longest established and most respected English bespoke shirtmakers Bowring Arundel was added to New & Lingwood, 53 Jermyn Street, London."
- BRIONI - "Brioni Bespoke service is available for suits, tuxedos, jackets, coats, formal shirts and ties."
- Bruli - Swiss Made - "My Shirt." We offer tailor made shirts to our most demanding customers. Unlike other companies, our philosophy is to provide truly custom service. Each individual part of the shirt can be changed and customised. The customer not only has a piece of clothing made according to his perfect size (taken from measurements) but it will also be made according to his choices of buttonholes, buttons, stitching, collar size, etc.
- BYRNE & BURGE - 11 St. George Street, London, U.K. Made to order shirts.
- CAD & THE DANDY - 12 Savile Row. Founded in 2008. "For many, the bespoke shirt is a perfect introduction to the luxury world of fine tailoring. Cad & The Dandy only use premium quality cotton shirtings and have hundreds of designs, colours and weights to choose from."
- CamiserÍa Burgos - founded in 1912. Cedaceros 2, 28014 Madrid, Spain. "Shirts tailored for demanding people who want style and the highest craftsman in its clothing." Choose from scores of shirting materials, poplins, voiles, linens, and sea island cottons to name but a few. We take 10 measures and perform a single patron. We cut and sew the shirt with traditional methods. You select the type of collar, cuffs and the buttons, with or without pockets ... and so on. We have no design limitation you can define the style you want.
- CHARVET - founded 1838. French high-end shirt maker and tailor located at 28 place Vendôme in Paris, France.
- List of Charvet customers - its list of customers is notable for its time span, Charvet existing since 1838 and having been the first shirt store ever, and as a paradigm of an international "aristo-dandy crossover community". In the 19th century, the shirtmaker both specialized in "royal haberdashery" and attracted the patronage of artists. In the 20th century, with the development of fashion design, designers and fashion journalists became a significant customer group. Some other customers' interest in the brand has become a notable aspect of their personality.
- D’AVINO SHIRTS - "The Zenith of Visiting Italians." Visits London regularly.
- DEGE & SKINNER - established 1865. 10 Savile Row, London W1S 3PF, U.K. "Savile Row bespoke shirt making." We were the first, and remain the only firm to provide its own one-stop bespoke shirt making facility on Savile Row. Limitless choice of collar styles and the finest Swiss, Italian and British 2-fold 100’s to 2-fold 300’s cottons.
- DENMAN & GODDARD - estabished 1797. "One of Savile Row’s foremost Bespoke Tailors." Bespoke and ready made cotton shirts.
- EMMETT LONDON - 112 Jermyn Street, London, U.K. Emmett is at the forefront of Made to Measure shirts with over 500 fabrics and 60 collar/cuffs combinations to choose from. Our made to order service allows us to tailor to your needs where you are able to turn a shirt into something that is truly personal to you from fit to fabric.
- Ettemadis - The Hague, The Netherlands. "Our bespoke shirts have been the cornerstone for Ettemadis and are the backdrop to our suits. Carrying the best cloth and offering limitless choice in collars and cuffs for all of the different faces and contexts."
- GILIBERTO DESIGNS - since 1979. "Custom made shirts NYC." Nothing looks or feels better than a shirt made just for you. With over 300 fabrics to choose from, we guarantee that we'll make you a shirt that feels like no other you have ever worn. We can make shirts for any occasion.
- GIORGIO ARMANI - the Armani Collezioni Made To Measure collection is available in Armani Collezioni stores and select department store areas.
- Giovanni Rosmini - Italian shirts since 1972. Customize your shirt.
- GITMAN BROS. - since 1978. "Gitman Customized Shirts are designed by you and custom made in the U.S.A." The Gitman custom program allows you to choose from dozens of beautiful fabrics from the world’s finest mills and create a product that is uniquely your own. Simply select the options you want and we’ll take care of the rest.
- IKE BEHAR - "Custom Express." C.E.O Program - Custom Express Originals. Made in the U.S.A. Make your own shirt by simply selecting...
- ITAILOR - since 1971. "Create your own Custom Shirts for US$29.95. Unlimited selections. Over a million designs and styles!"
- J. LUCAS CLOTHIERS - "Custom Made Shirts for Men and Women."
- Lanieri - "Italians Do Fit Better." Start your journey by selecting the fabric that you like the most and create your very own bespoke shirts. Made in Italy.
- Larusmiani Milano - "Handmade in Italy since 1922."
- Le Noeud Papillon - "Bespoke & Made To Measure Shirts Using Fine Cotton." From standard plain and twill weaves right through to Sea Island fine cotton shirting, we have all fabrics available to us from the best mills in England, Italy and Switzerland.
- Lewis & Taylor - Custom Dress Shirts. "We are based in Hong Kong, which is a global centre of excellence for custom dress shirt manufacture with access to the best 2 ply cotton from Europe and Asia. We use only the best fabrics such as Thomas Mason and Monti to ensure that you feel great wearing your custom designed shirt. We look to focus on the needs of the shirt wearer with an emphasis on classic styles. Our customers are mainly in the USA, Canada, UK and Australia but we get requests from all over the world."
- LISTE ROUGE - "Since 1938, the company Liste Rouge has continued the tradition of 'the shirt made in France' from their workshop based in Normandy." Made-to-measure shirts.
- loro piana - since 1924. "The classic made-to-measure service extends to formal shirts that can be made from a choice of more than 500 of the finest fabrics in the best cottons and linens available on the market and further personalized by a choice in collars, cuffs, fits, and the addition of a personally embroidered and discreetly placed monogram."
- Mason & sons - "Michael Fish was one of the most famous shirtmakers in the world, famously fitting Sean Connery with his cocktail-cuff shirts for his inaugural role as James Bond in "Dr. No". The Mr. Fish X Sinclair collection of shirts are available in three cuff types, two lengths, and in a choice of white or blue fine-twill cotton."
- MASTER TAILOR - "The shirts are tailored to the high quality standards of Jermyn Street by one of Europe's top shirt houses using the latest cutting and production technology."
- myshirtmakers.com - since 1970. "Hong Kong's finest Custom Tailors." Completely hand made to measure shirt brings a commitment to craft and high quality tailoring to life. Our new hand made to measure line allows a client access to thousands of fabrics, and invites him to become part of the design process; the result is a truly exclusive and unique suit, customised to his specifications.
- NERONOTE - "Your perfect Italian shirt." The design-it-yourself shirt. Made-to-measure comfort and personalised design made easy and convenient. Made in Italy, just for you.
- NEW & LINGWOOD - 53 Jermyn Street, London, U.K. "Experience the luxury and pleasure of the perfect fitting shirt."
- NORTON & SONS - since 1821. 6 Savile Row, London W1S 3PL, U.K. "To complement our bespoke tailoring we offer made to measure and bespoke shirt-making services. Our shirt-maker has over 30 years experience and our shirts are cut from a hand drafted individual pattern."
- OwnOnly - "Custom Men's Tailoring for your online shopping shipped direct to our customers."
- Piacemolto Milano - "Create your own shirt." Design your own Piacemolto shirt in just 5 simple steps.
- PRO INDUSTRIAL CO. - "Our custom mode shirts are made with 100% cotton of the highest thread quality fabric used. We are able to do any kind of color, cuff, front pocket, back pocket and bottom styles possible."
- SAVILE ROW CUSTOM TAILORS BANGKOK - "Our custom mode shirts are made with 100% cotton of the highest thread quality fabric used. We are able to do any kind of color, cuff, front pocket, back pocket and bottom styles possible."
- SEAN O'FLYNN - "Making Shirts for Over 35 Years." A Sean O'Flynn shirt is a truly bespoke garment, constructed using the traditional techniques and processes of Jermyn Street . Every customer is fully measured, followed by a consultation that includes a discussion on style , fit and the selecting fabric. Sean then personally drafts the customer's own individual paper pattern. A sample shirt is made, with the customer returning for a fitting, once the shirt has been worn and laundered. If required at this point, Sean will amend the customer's pattern.
- SOUSTER & HICKS - "Dedicated to the Art of Bespoke Tailoring Since 1966." Made to measure men's shirts: Should you need shirts for business, casual holiday shirts or a head turning going out shirt, Souster and Hicks have a huge selection of fabrics, trims and styling options available to cover any occasion.
- STENSTRÖMS - "With our Custom Made concept we give you the opportunity to create your own Stenströms shirt according to your personal measurements and preferences."
- STUART LAMPRELL - 6 Sackville Street, London, U.K. Bespoke shirts.
- Tailor4Less - "Affordable elegance." Founded in 2008, Tailor4Less has been created to bring tailored suits and shirts all over the world. We are the link between master tailors from Shanghai and you. Custom shirts from US$59.
- The Custom Shop Clothiers - since 1937. "Custom Shirts - Build Your Own." The Custom Shop has had the pleasure of servicing many top professionals, distinguished political figures, T.V. personalities and many more well know men across the country and the world.
- THOMAS PINK - since 1984. Owner: LVMH. 85 Jermyn Street, London SW1Y 6JD, U.K. "Experience the Art of the Shirt." Thomas Pink invites you to discover a Shirt as Distinctive as the Gentleman who Wears it. Attention to detail and appreciation for the finest materials are part and parcel of our Personally Pink service. Personally Pink now offers a choice of more than 200 fabrics from the best mills
in the world and our made in UK service delivers an immaculate shirt in three weeks.
- TURNBULL & ASSER - established 1885. 71-72 Jermyn St, London SW1Y 6PF, U.K. "There are few experiences more satisfying than pulling on a crisply laundered shirt that's been made for you, and you alone. Thanks to our precise measurements and exclusive fabrics, each bespoke design is a one-of-a-kind treasure that will last a lifetime. Over 1,000 different shirt fabrics alone are available to customers who wish to express their individuality through the clothes they wear. We take 18 body measurements, taking into account posture and any other special requirements you may have."
- UDESHI - made to measure & bespoke shirts. Shirts £255 (minimum 5).
- Unico - the new and exclusive made-to-measure service that offers the ANGELO GALASSO customer a new dimension in menswear – Italian traditional craftsmanship, combined with Angelo Galasso’s fastidious eye for detail. Naturally, no ANGELO GALASSO project would be complete without his signature high-collared shirt – every single element of the garment can be made to the client specification, from the cuffs to the contrast stitching and gold buttons engraved with the wearer initials will provide the finishing touch to what many have described as works of art.
- Universal Tailors - "Leading custom and bespoke tailor in Thailand." Each of our shirts is expertly sewn by a single tailor to your exact measurements, ensuring an exceptional fit and comfort. Hand made from finest cotton shirtings, each of our bespoke shirts is the ultimate in premium quality.
- VAN LAACK - "Perfect Look." Made to measure. Experience the first van Laack shirt that prevents wrinkles. The refined Swiss-made two-ply yarns smoothen themselves consistently while being worn defying the hectic pace of the day. The most beautiful side-effect is the time saved through the minimal and easy care it needs.
- WESSEX - "We have the expertise to work with customers to produce thier own ranges and products which include own label."
- W.H. TAYLOR SHIRTMAKERS - since 2006. "The Home of individually handmade quality bespoke shirts."
- WILLIAM WESTMANCOTT - "Savile Row Tailor." An incredible amount of time and craftsmanship is used to cut, sew and perfect each shirt. On your first appointment, we will discuss your wants and needs and then you will look through the appropriate selections of shirt fabrics. We will discuss style and fit and I will take your measures and make a record of all of your specifications for your shirts.