Europe's Best & Finest Gourmet Restaurants & Chefs
Michelin Guide starred restaurants have been marked with *** ** * RS Bib according to their rating.
THE MICHELIN GUIDE STAR & RATING SYSTEM - three stars (***) mean: "Exceptional cuisine and worth the journey"; two stars (**): "Excellent cooking and worth a detour"; one star (*): "A very good restaurant in its category"; the Bib label: "A Bib Gourmand rating means the restaurant is an inspector's favorite for good value. For $40 or less, you can enjoy two courses and a glass of wine or dessert (not including tax and gratuity)." Restaurants awarded the Rising Star (RS) means that they may be in line for a MICHELIN star, or an upgrade from one to two, or from two to three stars.
The World's 50 Best Restaurants sponsored by S.Pellegrino & Acqua Panna and produced annually by Restaurant magazine have been marked with SP; the restaurants marked with sp have been voted as the world's 51-100 best restaurants based on the votes of the 837 "chefs, restaurateurs, critics and fun-loving gourmands" selected by Restaurant magazine.
The restaurants marked with NW have been chosen by 53 top chefs for Newsweek magazine's August 13, 2012 issue 101 Best Places to Eat in the World.
The 75 restaurants representing 13 countries worldwide and 16 U.S. states awarded Wine Spectator magazine's Grand Award 2012 honoring outstanding restaurants with extraordinary wine programs have been marked WS.
5-star International Star Diamond Award Recipients selected by The American Academy of Hospitality Sciences have been marked with SDA.
The members of Les Grandes Tables du Monde association's 149 members in 22 countries on 4 continents representing the last word in gastronomy worldwide have been marked with GTM.
Established in France in 1954, Relais & Châteaux's mission is "to spread its unique art de vivre across the globe by selecting outstanding properties with a truly unique character." Prospective and current members are evaluated by the group's traditional "five C" motto: Character, Courtesy, Calm, Charm and Cuisine. The members of Relais & Châteaux exclusive collection of 500 of the finest hotels and gourmet restaurants in 60 countries on 5 continents have been marked with R&C.
GOURMET RESTAURANTS BY REGION (105 countries):
ALL 10 TWO (2) & ONE (8) MICHELIN STARRED RESTAURANTS IN AUSTRIA 2012:
- HANNER GTM R&C (Chef: Heinz Hanner).
Channel Islands, U.K.
- Ocean Restaurant * (Head chef: Mark Jordan). At Atlantic Hotel. At La Pulente.
- BOHEMIA * (Head chef: Shaun Rankin). At The Club Hotel & Spa. At St. Helier.
- Tassili * (Executive head chef: Richard Allen). At hotel Grand Jersey. At St. Helier.
- The Restaurant at Longueville Manor R&C (Chef: Andrew Baird). At St. Saviour.
ALL 2 ONE (2) MICHELIN STARRED RESTAURANTS IN THE CZECH REPUBLIC 2012:
- IT'S HARD NOT TO BE HAPPY IN COPENHAGEN - USA Today.
- VISIT COPENHAGEN
- VISIT DENMARK - "Home of the happiest people in the world!"
ALL 18 TWO (3) & ONE (15) MICHELIN STARRED & BIB (12) AWARDED RESTAURANTS IN (GREATER) COPENHAGEN 2014:
- 1. TH. - Herluf Trolles Gade 9. Chef: Kristian Baumann. First floor, on the right: the restaurant is located in a luxury flat on the first floor of a building. The restaurant has been awarded five stars by some critics, for its exclusiveness, creativity, and food art.
- 56° - Focus on the traditional Nordic cuisine, spiced with modern and creative culinary arts. Krudtløbsvej 8.
- AAMANNS - Øster Farimagsgade 10-12. "Old Classics with a new twist."
- ALBERTO K - at the Royal Hotel. (Chef: Bocuse d'Or Silver Medalist 2013 Jeppe Foldager). Enjoy your meal with prominent Danish architect Arne Jacobsen’s cutlery and see examples of his furniture design when you look around the restaurant. Hammerichsgade 1.
- alchemist - "Once Upon a Time." Total experience: 2500 DKK. Århusgade 22.
- Almanak - part of The Standard at Havnegade 44. "The food that our grandparents would have cooked, if they had known what we know today."
- AMASS - chef: Matthew Orlando (formerly: sous chef at Noma).
- Ante - Jarmers Plads 1.
- AOC ** (Head chef: Søren Selin, sommelier: Christian Aarø). Dronningens Tværgade 2.
- Bar Central - Ny Østergade 20. French bistro.
- Barbie - Trommesalen 5. Barbeque joint, secretly hidden in the basement of RETOUR STEAK.
- BIOM - Fredericiagade 78. "Food that makes sense." A biom = an organic community, a place where life is experienced as a combination of interdependent relationships between plants and animals.
- BISTRO BOHEME - Esplanaden 8. Chef: Per Thøstesen.
- BISTRO PASTIS - Gothersgade 52. "French bistro in the heart of Copenhagen."
- BRDR. PRICE RESTAURANTS - Rosenborggade 15-17 & Vesterbrogade 3 (Tivoli Gardens).
- Bror Bib (Head chefs: Victor Wågman & Sam Nutter). Sankt Peders Stræde 24A.
- BÆST - Guldbergsgade 29 B. "Organic meats and quality pizza."
- CAFÉ VICTOR - founded 1981. Ny Østergade 8. Danish version of a bustling French bistro, and Copenhagen's leading trendy café-restaurant.
- Clou * (Head chef: Jonathan K. Berntsen). "We have spent many years creating food and wine in total balance. We can through the notes of the wine create the course, only limited by the availability of raw materials allowed by the season." Borgergade 16.
- DEN GULE COTTAGE - Strandvejen 506, 2930 Klampenborg.
- DEN RØDE BØF - Dronningens Tværgade 22.
- DEN RØDE COTTAGE * (Chef: Lars Thomsen). Strandvejen 550, 2930 Klampenborg.
- Diamond Rice - Bredgade 29. Chinese cuisine.
- ENOMANIA Bib (Chef: Damiano Alberti). Vesterbrogade 187.
- ERA ORA * (Head chef: Andrea Guglielmi). Overgaden Neden Vandet 33B.
- EVITA PERÓN - specialty: Argentinian beef.
- Fabio - Falkoner Allé 56, 2000 Frederiksberg. Chef: Fabio Avenoso. "The most romantic restaurant in Denmark." Italian cuisine.
- FAMO (Chefs: Fabbio Mazzon & Morten Kaltoft).
- FIAT - Kongens Nytorv 18. Restaurant & trattoria. "FIAT is an acronym of Fondazione Italiana Alimentari Total."
- Fleisch - Slagterboderne 7.
- FORMEL B * (Chefs: Kristian Møller and Rune Jochumsen). Vesterbrogade 182.
- FREDERIKS HAVE Bib (Chef: Jimmy Månsson). Smallegade 41.
- GEIST (Chef: Michelin-starred chef Bo Bech).
- GERANIUM *** SP (Chef: Rasmus Kofoed - winner of Bocuse d'Or 2011 World Chef Championship). Per Henrik Lings Allé 4.
- Gorilla - Flæsketorvet 63. Mediterranean cuisine.
- Greasy Spoon Diner - Studiestræde 14.
- GRØFTEN - "Founded in Tivoli Gardens since 1874."
- GRØNBECH & CHURCHILL * (Chef: Rasmus Grønbech). Amaliegade 49.
- Hija de SÁnchez - Torvehallerne, Frederiksborggade 21. Taquería. Ex-Noma Chef Opens Taco Stand in Copenhagen - The Wall Street Journal.
- ILLUM ROOFTOP - "Enjoy the view of the rooftops of Copenhagen while taking a break from the shopping. Here, among other things, you can enjoy steak, lobster or fresh pasta with truffles, with tasteful wines and seductive bubbles." Østergade 52.
- KADEAU * (Chef de cuisine: Nicolai Nørregaard). Wildersgade 10.
- Kiin Kiin * (Chef de cuisine: Dak Laddaporn. Executive chefs & owners: Henrik Yde Andersen and Lertchai Treetawatchaiwong) - world's only Michelin-starred Thai restaurant. Guldbergsgade 21.
- KOKKERIET * (Executive chef: Lasse Askov). Kronprinsessegade 64.
- KONG HANS * The restaurant is located in the oldest building in Copenhagen. Since the birth of Restaurant Kong Hans Kælder in 1976 the restaurant has aimed to be among the finest and best in Denmark.
- Kontrast by Dennis Knudsen - Regnbuepladsen 3.
- KROGS - founded in 1910. The oldest fish restaurant in Copenhagen.
- KUL - cuisine: multi-national. Grilled & gourmet food all year round at reasonable prices.
- KØDBYENS FISKEBAR Bib. Danish seafood. Flæsketorvet 100.
- L'ALTRO Bib (Chef: Fabio Donadoni). "In L’Altro you are not going to experience conventional restaurant food, but simple, homemade dishes from central Italy, served in a cozy and relaxed atmosphere – the modern equivalent to the Italian ‘Antiristorante’ of the 50ties." Torvegade 62.
- LE SOMMELIER - Bredgade 63. Since 1997. Chef: Francis Cardenau. French restaurant and winebar.
- LÊLÊ - Vesterbrogade 40. Trendy Vietnamese restaurant.
- Llama - Lille Kongensgade 14. South American cuisine. Here you can savour on countries like Peru, Bolivia, Ecuador, Chile and Mexico. Llama has a unique interior design and won gold at the International Design Award 2015 for "interior design" in the catergory "conceptual".
- LUMSKEBUGTEN - Esplanaden 21. Since 1854. Chef: Erwin Lauterbach.
- Marchal * Nordic & French cuisine. At Hotel d'Angleterre. Kongens Nytorv 34.
- MARV & BEN Bib (Chef: Frederik Hvidt). Nordic cuisine. Snaregade 4.
- MASH CITY - Bredgade 20. "Modern American Steak House."
- Mash Penthouse - Arni Magnussons Gade 4. "Located on the 12th floor of Tivoli Hotel. Offers steaks of the highest quality as well as an extensive wine list."
- MIELCKE & HURTIGKARL - at The Royal Danish Garden Society.
- Mikkeller & Friends - Stefansgade 35.
- Musling - Linnésgade 14. Focuses on sustainable fish and shellfish, organic greens and natural wines.
- MØLLER KAFFE & KØKKEN - Nørrebrogade 160. "Coffee Shop, Breakfast & Brunch Restaurant."
- NAM NAM - Vesterbrogade 39. "Experience the authentic Peranakan kitchen and Singapore’s street kitchens."
- NIMB HERMAN * (Executive chef: Thomas Herman). At Nimb, Tivoli Gardens.
- NOMA ** SP (Head chef: René Redzepi) - ranked The World's Best Restaurant 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2014 by Restaurant Magazine / The S.Pellegrino World's 50 Best Restaurants. Review: A Danish chef draws worldwide acclaim - The New York Times. Belongs to Eater.com's list of the 11 toughest restaurants to get a reservation in the world.
- NOSE2TAIL - Restaurant: Flæsketorvet 13. Sustainable gastropub.
- NOSE2TAIL - The Diner: Valkendorfsgade 22.
- OCEAN CLUB - Sundkrogskaj 17.
- ORANGERIET (Chef: Jasper Kure). Situated in the King's Garden.
- OTTO - Store Kongensgade 34. French cuisine.
- PASTIS BISTRO - original French-style bistro kitchen.
- Pluto Bib (Chef: Bjørn Rosendal Jacobsen). Borgergade 16.
- Rebel Bib (Chefs and owners: Lars Petersen and Martin Hylleborg). Store Kongensgade 52.
- RELæ * sp (Chef: Christian F. Puglisi). Review: Bruce Palling’s Top 10 Young Chefs in Europe - Wall Street Journal Europe. Jægersborggade 41.
- RESTAURANT CONGO (Head chef: Ronni Mortensen). Even though this restaurant is founded by a comedian and two nightclub owners, it serves serious food. The style is hard to define, it's not classic, not new nordic but definetely modern.
- RESTAURANT KANALEN (Chef: Andreas Møller).
- RESTAURANT L'ALSACE - Ny Østergade 9. French and Austrian cuisine.
- Restaurant Naert - Pilestræde 63. Norwegian cuisine.
- RESTAUANT MÊLÉE Bib (Chefs: Jens Vestergaard Jensen, Dan Rauhe Christensen and Helge Sidor). Martensens Allé 16, 1828 Frederiksberg.
- RESTAURANT PalÆgade - Palægade 8. Classic Danish cooking.
- RESTAURANT PAUSTIAN - Kalkbrænderiløbskaj 2. Chef: Jacob Holst Hansen.
- RESTAURANT SKOVSHOVED HOTEL - at Charlottenlund at "one of the world's hippest small hotels."
- Restaurant TÅrnet - at Christiansborg Palace at a height of 106 metres with a magical view of Copenhagen as a bonus. The entrance to the tower is at the King’s Gate, a large gate in the centre of the palace. The King’s Gate can be reached from the Palace Square and from the Inner Courtyard (via the Marble Bridge and the Riding Ground). There is a lift from the entrance to the top of the tower. The stairs cannot be used.
- RESTAURANT VITA - Store Kongensgade 25.
- Restaurant ZELESTE - Store Strandstræde 6. "Zeleste's specialty is fish and shellfish such as succulent lobsters and fish from the Nordic seas. Zeleste serves the finest beef and during the hunting season also wild duck, wild boar and deer from the vast Swedish forests."
- RESTAURATIONEN - Møntergade 19. "We have both been working professionally in the restaurant business for more than 35 years and today we are the leading figures in the 'Modern Danish' kitchen."
- RETOUR STEAK (Chef: Rasmus Oubæk). Serves Copenhagen's best steak frittes.
- Rio Bravo - Vester Voldgade 86. American restaurant, steakhouse. Open Monday-Saturday: 11:30 - 05:00, Sunday: 17:00 - 05:00.
- Sankt Peder - since 1972. Sankt Pedersvej 2, 2900 Hellerup.
- Spiseri - Griffenfeldsgade 28. Reasonably priced Italian cuisine. Worldclass antipasto.
- Studio at The Standard * Chef Torsten Vildgaard: "At noma, from 2005-2012, I was deeply involved in the development of new dishes, and at Studio I will carry on this tradition, collaborating with our close suppliers to develop dishes that represent our nature and that no-one has tasted before – and hopefully many will want to taste again." Table 44 is the largest in the restaurant with space for up to eight guests. The table has a minimum price of DKK 20.000 for an evening, all-inclusive. Torsten will be serving a special menu and Jacob and his team will take you on an extraordinary wine tour. Havnegade 44.
- SØLYST - At Klampenborg at Royal Copenhagen Shooting Society. Chef de cuisine: Henrik Nielsen.
- SØREN K (Head chef: Jens Søndergaard). On the ground floor of the Royal Library's Black Diamond Wing.
- Taller - Venezuelan cuisine. Tordenskjoldsgade 11.
- THE Standard - Havnegade 44. Jazz club, three restaurants named Studio, Verandah and Almanak, and two bars.
- uformel - "Formel B’s cool and edgy younger brother."
- UMAMI - "Japanese-french fusion restaurant." Sushi chef Pepi Anevski awarded Chef of the Year by the World Sushi Cup Japan 2013.
- Verandah - part of The Standard at Havnegade 44. Contemporary gastronomic Indian cuisine.
- ZOO BAR - Sværtegade 6. Bar - restaurant - nightclub.
- FALSLED KRO GTM R&C (Head chef: Per Hallundbæk).
- SØLLERØD KRO * (Chef: Brian Mark Hansen). Founded in 1677. Søllerødvej 35.
ALL ONE (6) MICHELIN STARRED & BIB (5) AWARDED RESTAURANTS IN FINLAND 2014:
ALL 4 TWO (1) & ONE (3) MICHELIN STARRED RESTAURANTS IN GREECE 2012:
ALL 2 ONE (2) MICHELIN STARRED RESTAURANTS IN HUNGARY 2012:
ALL 2 ONE (2) MICHELIN STARRED RESTAURANTS IN LICHTENSTEIN 2012:
ALL 11 TWO (1) & ONE (10) MICHELIN STARRED RESTAURANTS IN LUXEMBOURG 2012:
- Brasserie CÔtÉ Cour Bib. French cuisine. At restaurant La Distillerie.
- La Distillerie * (Chef: René Mathieu). French cuisine. At Château de Bourglinster.
- Le Sud (Chef: Christophe Petra).
- La Gaichel * R&C. French cuisine. At Domaine de La Gaichel.
- LÉA LINSTER * (Chef: Léa Linster). French cuisine.
- La Gaichel * R&C. French cuisine. At Domaine de La Gaichel.
- Le Patin d'Or * (Chef: Philippe Laffut). French cuisine.
- Les Roses * (Chef: Alain Pierron). French cuisine. At Hôtel Casino 2000.
- 10 Best Restaurants
- Alain Ducasse Gives His Favorite Restaurant a Massive Makeover - The New York Times.
- Restaurants in Monte-Carlo
ALL 4 THREE (1) TWO (1) & ONE (2) MICHELIN STARRED RESTAURANTS IN MONACO 2012:
- BEEFBAR - 42, quai Jean-Charles Rey.
- BLACK LEGENDQuai Albert 1er, Route de la Piscine.
- LA CHAUMIÈRE - Rond Point du Jardin Exotique.
- LE RED - Quai Albert 1er, Route de la Piscine.
- QUAI DES ARTISTES - 4, quai Antoine 1er.
- STARS'N'BARS - 6, quai Antoine 1er. Full-service American cuisine. "Best Burger Restaurant in Monaco."
- ZEST - Quai Albert 1er, 6, route de la Piscine.
- BAR / RESTAURANT DES PALMIERS - open all nightlong at the heart of the Sporting Monte-Carlo.
- BLUE BAY - at hotel Monte-Carlo Bay. Chef: Marcel Ravin.
- BRASSERIE DU CAFÉ DE PARIS - the decor with its "Belle Epoque" windows recalls that of old Parisian bistros on the legendary Place du Casino. Chef: Jean-Claude Brugel.
- CAFÉ LLORCA MONACO - 10, avenue Princesse Grace. Chef: Alain Llorca.
- Cipriani - 1, avenue Princesse Grace.
- CÔTÉ JARDIN - at Hôtel de Paris. Chef: Franck Cerutti.
- ELSA R&C (Chef: Jean-Claude Brugel). At Monte-Carlo Beach. Named after Elsa Maxwell, the Société des Bains de Mer’s first ever PR, who organised the inauguration of the Beach. High quality contemporary cuisine inspired by the Riviera’s culinary history.
- FUJI - one of the best ambassadors for Japanese cuisine is the Monte-Carlo Sporting Club.
- HORIZON DECK - restaurant & champagne bar at hotel Fairmont. "This restaurant is a 7th heaven with a 360° view over the Principality's legendary Opera House, Prince's Palace, and Casino - against a backdrop of the renowned & Riviera and the azure splendour of the Mediterranean."
- IL BARETTO - at Monte-Carlo Bay hotel. "The ideal solution for nomads and night-owls." Chef: Marcel Ravin.
- JOËL ROBUCHON **. At Hôtel Metropole. Head chef: Christophe Cussac.
- L'Argentin Monte Carlo - at hotel Fairmont. Executive chef: Philippe Joannès, Meilleur Ouvrier de France (Best French Craftsman).
- L'ORANGE VERTE / Il Baretto - at Monte-Carlo Bay hotel. Proposes simple and delicious cuisine. Chef: Marcel Ravin.
- LA COUPOLE - at Hotel Mirabeau. 1, avenue Princesse Grace.
- LA MAISON DU CAVIAR - since 1954. 1, avenue Saint-Charles.
- LA SALLE EMPIRE - at Hôtel de Paris. Chef: Franck Cerutti. A listed historical site since the end of the 19th century, this tremendous banqueting venue is the very expression of the European lifestyle.
- LA TRATTORIA - chefs: Franck Cerutti & Damien Leroux. The Italian gourmet event of the season at Sporting Monte-Carlo.
- LA VIGIE - at Monte-Carlo Beach hotel. Sunny restaurant and fish specialities. Chef: Paolo Sari.
- LAS BRISAS - at Monte-Carlo Bay hotel. Chef: Marcel Ravin.
- LE CIRCUS - at the Sun Casino.
- LE DECK - at Monte-Carlo Beach. Sunny restaurant and contemporary cuisine.
- LE GRILL - chefs: Franck Cerutti / Jean-Philippe Borro. "Located on the eighth floor of the Hôtel de Paris, this restaurant offers a reinterpretation of Mediterranean gourmet dishes. In summer, the roof slides back to reveal the sky and what has to be one of the most beautiful views on the French Riviera."
- LE LOUIS XV - ALAIN DUCASSE *** sp SDA GTM NW WS. Chef: Alain Ducasse. "Outstanding menus and an excellent wine list guarantee rare moments that few diners ever forget." Specialty: gâteau au chocolat. At Hôtel de Paris.
- LE MOZAÏK - at the Casino de Monte-Carlo.
- LE TRAIN BLEU - at the Casino de Monte-Carlo. Traditional Italian cuisine.
- LE VISTAMAR * (Chef: Joël Garault). At Hôtel Hermitage.
- LES PRIVÉS - at the Casino de Monte-Carlo. "This classic French restaurant welcomes the gourmets between two rounds of Chemin de Fer, without them having to leave the gaming rooms, and offers an enchanting view of the sea and Cap Martin."
- LOGA - 25, boulevard des Moulins.
- MANDARINE (Chef: Patrick Raingeard). At hotel Port Palace.
- MAXIM'S Monte-Carlo - 20, avenue de la Costa.
- MAYA BAY - Le Roccabella, 24, avenue Princesse Grace. Thai cuisine.
- Nobu Fairmont Monte Carlo - at Hotel Fairmont Monte Carlo, 12 avenue des Spélugues. "Nobuyuki "Nobu" Matsuhisa, the acclaimed and highly influential celebrity Chef and owner of Nobu restaurants has settled down in the Principality of Monaco at the Fairmont Monte Carlo!"
- Ristorante LA ROMANTICA - 3, avenue Saint Laurent.
- SALLE DES ETOILES - Sporting Monte-Carlo. For over 30 years, the Salle des Etoiles has welcomed the greatest international performers to its legendary stage.
- SASS CAFÉ - restaurant and piano bar. 11, avenue Princesse Grace.
- SUMMER CASINO - at the heart of the Sporting Monte-Carlo peninsula lies a complex combining restaurants, bars, a discotheque, Monte-Carlo’s famous concert hall and a summer casino. Dine, dance and gamble by the sea.
- THE SEA LOUNGE - at Monte-Carlo Beach. Seaside lounge and tapas bar.
- Twiga - 35, boulevard Louis II. "Twiga Sumosan offers the very best of Italian and contemporary Japanese cuisine in a unique setting combined with eclectic live performances to ensure every visit is truly memorable."
- YOSHI *. At Hôtel Metropole. The first Joël Robuchon Japanese restaurant in the world, offers healthy, modern cuisine created by the Japanese chef Takéo Yamazaki, under the guidance of Joël Robuchon and Christophe Cussac.
- ZELO'S - 10, avenue Princesse Grace. "Located on the top floor of the Conference Centre of Monaco Grimaldi Forum, the terrace of the Zelo’s restaurant offers you a splendid panorama of the Principality of Monaco and the Mediterranean Sea."
Northern Ireland, U. K.
ALL 4 MICHELIN BIB AWARDED RESTAURANTS IN NORTHERN IRELAND, U.K. 2012:
Warrenpoint (Newry and Mourne)
- Restaurant 23 Bib (Head chef: Raymond McArdle).
ALL 5 TWO (1) & ONE (4) MICHELIN & BIB (3) STARRED RESTAURANTS IN NORWAY 2014:
- Pod Łososiem - since 1976. "Specialities of our cuisine are dishes of salmon, unusual soups and distinguished desserts."
Republic of Ireland
ALL 6 TWO (1) & ONE (5) MICHELIN STARRED RESTAURANTS IN THE REPUBLIC OF IRELAND 2012:
- MICHELIN GUIDE FOR Republic of Ireland 2015 - THE LIST - Fine Dining Lovers.
- White Sage Bib (Chef: Tony Schwarz).
- Chart House Bib (Head chef: Noel Enright).
- Aldridge Lodge Bib (Chefs: Billy Whitty & Joanne Harding). Contemporary Irish cuisine.
- O'Dowds Bib (Chef: Oliver Dunne). Since 1840. Seafood.
- Box Tree Bib (Chef: Eamonn O'Reilly).
- Bon - one of the most unusual restaurants in Moscow. The creation of renowned designer Philippe Starck.
- Buona - at Radisson Royal Hotel. Chef: Christian Lorenzini .
- CAFÉ PUSHKIN sp. 26A Tverskoy Boulevard. Designed to recreate the feel of a 19th century aristocrat’s house, the restaurant has become one of the most popular in Moscow, thanks to the quality of its food, the impeccable service and excellent vodka selection.
- CARRÉ BLANC
- CDL - "Inside this elegant mansion is one of the city's most beautiful dining rooms — and one of the best places to sample authentic Russian cuisine."
- CHAIKA sp (Chef: Dmitry Shurshakov).
- DOCE UVAS sp
- Gallery Cafe
- GODUNOV RESTAURANT
- GUSYATNIKOFF - "Feast on exquisite traditional Russian fare in what was once (and still feels like) a private mansion." The beef Stroganoff is outstanding.
- L'Albero - Italian cuisine. Chef: Nicola Canuti.
- Les Menus par Pierre Gagnaire - "Les Menus in Moscow presents the bold and experimental cuisine of the Michelin three star Chef Pierre Gagnaire, regarded as one of today’s most innovative and artistic chefs. Classic French cuisine with a modern twist and culinary artistry at its finest interpretation creates an unforgettable feast for all the senses." At Lotte Hotel.
- Metropol - cuisine: Russian-European. "Recalling the splendor of prerevolutionary Russia, the opulent interiors of the Metropol hotel's grand dining hall are a stunning memorial to Russian art nouveau. The nearly three-story-high dining room is replete with stained-glass windows, marble pillars, and a leaded-glass roof. Among the famous guests to have dined here are George Bernard Shaw, Vladimir Lenin, and Michael Jackson."
- O2 LOUNGE - on the 12th floor of The Ritz-Carlton, Moscow.
- Pavilion - "The white tuxedoed waiters, palm trees, period pavilion building, crisp tablecloths and various old family photos that decorate this large dining room overlooking the beautiful Patriarch’s ponds all combine to give off an elegant period feel worthy of an Agatha Christie novel and which the restaurant describes as 'Soviet 1950s'."
- RESTAURANT CHINA DREAM
- RESTAURANT MARIO'S
- RESTAURANT PALAZZO DUCALE
- Scandinavia - "Your favorite restaurant in Moscow."
- SEMIFREDDO RESTAURANT sp (Chef: Nino Graziano).
- Shinok - Moscow's best Ukranian restaurant.
- SOHO ROOMS
- TURANDOT - "Turandot a place where a Chinese princess and a French king could be tasting viands while laughing merrily with happiness."
- U Pirosmani - "The menu reads like a Georgian cookbook."
- VARVARY sp. Chef: Anatoly Komm. The only Russian chef to receive a Michelin star (it was at a restaurant in Geneva). The intricate cuisine fuses "molecular gastronomy" techniques with down-home ingredients, all of which come from within Russia.
- CHAIKA NW. Specialty: kamchatka crab.
- BELLEVUE BRASSERIE - at Kempinski Hotel. French cuisine.
- Bistro Garcon
- Erivan Restaurant - one of the city's few Armenian restaurants.
- L'EUROPE - Russia’s oldest continually serving restaurant, this culinary hotspot brims with timeless elegance. At Grand Hotel Europe. Russian cuisine.
- MANSARDA RESTAURANT
- Palkin - a legendary restaurant of the same name was established on this spot in 1785. The formal and elegant interior evokes those bygone days.
- RESTAURANT NA ZDOROVIE
- Taleon Restaurant - at Taleon Imperial Hotel. Chef: Alexander Dregolsky. Three times voted ‘The best luxurious restaurant in St Petersburg’.
- Tsar - "Drinks are served in fine crystal glasses, old portraits of noblemen cover the walls and the toilets are even encased inside giant, leather-lined thrones. The Russian cuisine on offer is first rate."
- Husacie Hody Locations - Goose Feast Locations.
- Leberfinger - since 1759. Cuisine based on traditional Austro-Hungarian Empire specialties. Viedenská cesta 257.
- ModrÁ Hviezda
- PranÁ Bata
- Prolaika Gallery Restaurant
- Sky Restaurant - "On the roof of one of the Old Town houses in Bratislava with an unforgettable view of Bratislava." Mediterranean cuisine. Chef: Ladislav Huik.
- Zylinder - cuisine of the Austro-Hungarian Empire. Specialties: Tafelspitz, Szeged beef goulash, Pörkölt, oxtail, poppy pierogies or traditional Kaiserchmarrn. Hviezdoslavovo nám. 19.
ALL 14 TWO (2) & ONE (12) MICHELIN STARRED RESTAURANTS IN SWEDEN 2014:
ALL 4 ONE (4) MICHELIN STARRED RESTAURANTS IN WALES, U.K. 2012:
- MICHELIN GUIDE FOR Wales 2015 - THE LIST - Fine Dining Lovers.
- Walnut Tree * (Chef: Shaun Hill). Restaurant with rooms. At Llanddewi Skirrid.
Cardiff (South Glamorgan)
- Chai St. Bib. Contemporary classic Indian cuisine.
- Mint & Mustard Bib. Contemporary classic Indian cuisine.
- Tyddyn Llan * (Chef: Bryan Webb). Restaurant with rooms.
- The Checkers * (Chef: Stéphane Borie). Restaurant with rooms.