Top 40 Best High-End Yoga Resources and Websites
YOGA is a group of physical, mental, and spiritual practices or disciplines which originated in ancient India. There is a broad variety of Yoga schools, practices, and goals in Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism. Among the most well-known types of yoga are Hatha yoga and Rāja yoga.
The origins of yoga have been speculated to date back to pre-Vedic Indian traditions, it is mentioned in the Rigveda, but most likely developed around the sixth and fifth centuries BCE, in ancient India's ascetic and śramaņa movements. The chronology of earliest texts describing yoga-practices is unclear, varyingly credited to Hindu Upanishads and Buddhist P?li Canon, probably of third century BCE or later. The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali date from the first half of the 1st millennium CE, but only gained prominence in the West in the 20th century. Hatha yoga texts emerged around the 11th century with origins in tantra.
Yoga gurus from India later introduced yoga to the west, following the success of Swami Vivekananda in the late 19th and early 20th century. In the 1980s, yoga became popular as a system of physical exercise across the Western world. Yoga in Indian traditions, however, is more than physical exercise, it has a meditative and spiritual core. One of the six major orthodox schools of Hinduism is also called Yoga, which has its own epistemology and metaphysics, and is closely related to Hindu Samkhya philosophy.
Many studies have tried to determine the effectiveness of yoga as a complementary intervention for cancer, schizophrenia, asthma, and heart disease. The results of these studies have been mixed and inconclusive, with cancer studies suggesting none to unclear effectiveness, and others suggesting yoga may reduce risk factors and aid in a patient's psychological healing process.
- 5 of the world's best yoga retreats - The Telegraph.
- 12 Minutes of Yoga for Bone Health - The New York Times.
- 25 Best Yoga Bloggers to Follow in 2016 - Chosen Wellness.
- 25 Top Yoga Studios Around the World - Travel + Leisure.
- 26 best yoga resources for beginners - "36 Amazing Yoga Infographics That Will Help You Tone Your Body Instantly."
- 26 POSTURES - "Bikram Yoga's twenty-six posture exercises systematically move fresh, oxygenated blood to one hundred percent of your body, to each organ and fiber, restoring all systems to healthy working order, just as nature intended. Proper weight, muscle tone, vibrant good health, and a sense of well being will automatically follow."
- 50 Best Yoga Blogs of 2016 - DOYOUYOGA.
- A Yoga Master, the King of ‘Baba Cool,’ Stretches Out an Empire - The New York Times.
- Asana - in yoga, asana refers both to the place in which a practitioner (yogi if male, yogini if female) sits and the posture in which he or she sits.
- Best Yoga Apps - Tom's Guide.
- Best Yoga Apps of 2016 - Healthline.
- BIKRAM CHOUDHURY - Indian yoga guru and the founder of Bikram Yoga.
- BIKRAM YOGA - is the 26 postures sequence selected and developed by Bikram Choudhury from Hatha Yoga. The twenty-six posture exercises systematically move fresh, oxygenated blood to one hundred percent of your body, to each organ and fiber, restoring all systems to healthy working order, just as Nature intended. Proper weight, muscle tone, vibrant good health, and a sense of well being will automatically follow.
- BIKRAM'S YOGA COLLEGE OF INDIA - world headquarters: Los Angeles, CA, U.S.A.
- doyogawithme - "Yoga online for all levels. Hundreds of streaming videos absolutely free of charge. Welcome!"
- DOYOUYOGA - "The Largest Yoga Community on the Web."
- HATHA YOGA - Wikipedia.
- Healing Powers of Laughter Yoga - The New York Times.
- HOT YOGA - Wikipedia.
- How to find the right yoga class for you - The Telegraph.
- How Yoga Can Wreck Your Body - The New York Times.
- I tried Mick Jagger's aerial yoga ... - The Telegraph.
- International Day of Yoga - celebrated annually on June 21 since its inception in 2015.
- Is Hot Yoga Good for You? - The New York Times.
- Karma yoga - Wikipedia.
- List of asanas - Wikipedia.
- List of yoga schools - Wikipedia.
- Mindful.Yoga.Health - "Online yoga: The best site for streaming yoga."
- Oldest Living Yoga Celebrity Tells All - The New York Times.
- RĀJA YOGA - Wikipedia.
- Surya Namaskara - Yoga warm up routine based on a sequence of gracefully linked asanas.
- The Best Free Resources for Yoga - 75 To Go.
- The Ultimate Yogipreneur’s Guide to Designing Your Sweet Yoga Career - The Yogipreneur.
- Top 10 Yoga Websites - Victoria Klein.
- What's the best online resource for yoga poses? - Quora.
- YOGA - Wikipedia.
- YOGA.com - "Yoga everywhere / anytime." Yoga Asanas, Yoga Videos & Workouts.
- Yoga can injure you. Here’s how to find a class that won’t - The Guardian.
- Yoga for Everyone - The New York Times.
- YOGA Journal - since 1975. "Yoga Journal is the #1 authority on yoga and the yoga lifestyle. It’s the brand for all practitioners - from beginners to masters - who want to live a healthier, happier, more fulfilling life both on and off the mat."
- YOGA Journal - "Yoga Journal is a wonderful YouTube channel worth following if you want to do yoga at home. Highly experienced yoga teachers will show you how to do poses for the most relaxation, flexibility, and strength benefits. These short videos can be done whenever you have a few minutes to spare during your day."
- Yoga May Be Good for the Brain - The New York Times.
- Yoga physiology - Wikipedia.
- Yoga series - consist of asanas done in sequence.
- Yoga should be on the curriculum - The Telegraph.
- Yoga Teacher Central - Practical Resources for Yoga Teachers.
- Yoga With Adriene - "Adriene Mishler is a yogi with purpose. She wants to use her instructional classes to help people live life better. As she puts it, 'Yoga offers up a way for us to see a world that is working for you instead of against you.'"
- YOGAAT - bespoke yoga and Pilates-to-you service, Our team of 50 handpicked oga and Pilates teachers can come to you wherever, whenever and can travel all over the world.
- Yoga-skiing is officially a Thing. Here's what you need to know - The Telegraph.
- Yogis - Wikipedia.