Top 400 High-End Department Stores & Luxury Shops
"Right or wrong, the customer is always right." - Marshall Field.
"Only so many shopping days until Christmas." - Harry Gordon Selfridge.
"All my friends know that I'd rather shop than eat." - Wallis Simpson, Duchess of Windsor.
"The salesman knows nothing of what he is selling save that he is charging a great deal too much for it." - Oscar Wilde.
SHOPPING is the examining of goods or services from retailers with the intent to purchase at that time. Shopping is an activity of selection and/or purchase. In some contexts it is considered a leisure activity as well as an economic one.
To many, shopping is considered a recreational and diversional activity in which one visits a variety of stores in search of a suitable product to purchase. "Window shopping" is an activity that shoppers engage in by browsing shops with no intent to purchase, possibly just to pass the time between other activities, or to plan a later purchase.
More recently compulsive shopping is recognised as an addiction. Also referred as shopping addiction, "shopaholism" or formally oniomania, these shoppers have an impulsive uncontrollable urge to shop. The term "retail therapy" is used in a less serious context.
LIST OF DEPARTMENT STORES BY COUNTRY - Wikipedia.
LIST OF LARGEST SHOPPING MALLS IN THE WORLD - Wikipedia.
LIST OF LEADING SHOPPING STREETS AND DISTRICTS BY CITY - Wikipedia.
LIST OF WORLD'S MOST EXPENSIVE STREETS BY CITY - commercial & residential streets.
- 14 ways you're being ripped off at the airport - Telegraph.
- Alibaba Group - since 1999. "Global trade starts here." Chinese e-commerce company that provides consumer-to-consumer, business-to-consumer and business-to-business sales services via web portals. It also provides electronic payment services, a shopping search engine and data-centric cloud computing services.
- Amazon.com - founded in 1994. American international electronic commerce company with headquarters in Seattle, Washington. It is the largest Internet based company in the United States. Amazon.com started as an online bookstore, but soon diversified, selling DVDs, VHSs, CDs, video and MP3 downloads/streaming, software, video games, electronics, apparel, furniture, food, toys, and jewelry. The company also produces consumer electronics—notably, Amazon Kindle e-book readers, Kindle Fire tablets, Fire TV and Fire Phone — and is a major provider of cloud computing services.
- Black Friday - Friday following Thanksgiving Day in the United States (the fourth Thursday of November), often regarded as the beginning of the Christmas shopping season.
- Black Friday Deal or Dud? How to Shop Smart This Holiday Season - The New York Times.
- CALVIN KLEIN - universal store locator.
- Cool Hunting - "Synonymous with seeking inspiration—our stories and videos highlight creativity and innovation in design, technology, style, culture, food and travel. With a global team of editors and contributors we create our award-winning publication, consisting of daily updates and weekly mini-documentaries."
- DEPARTMENT STORE - Wikipedia.
- EBAY - founded in 1995. Online auction and shopping website in which people and businesses buy and sell a broad variety of goods and services worldwide.
- Enter the Shoe Aisle, Feel Your Phone Buzz With a Personal Deal - The New York Times.
- ENTERTAINMENT BOOK & CARD - great savings on dining, shopping, travel, attractions & more.
- ETSY - "Buy, Sell, and Live Handmade." Your place to buy and sell all things handmade, vintage, and supplies.
- FASHION TRAVELER - "The World's First Fashion Shopping Guide."
- FENDI - store locator.
- FLAGSHIP STORE - a company's main store that is used in showcasing the various brands the store offers. Unlike other stores within the chain, the flagship is usually more impressive, bigger and shelves more merchandise than the rest.
- floorwalker - an employee in a large shop (especially a department store) who acts as supervisor to sales staff, and assists customers.
- GAP - operates over 3,100 stores worldwide.
- Get Satisfaction - since 2007. Customer Community For Social Support, Social Marketing and Customer Feedback."
- GROUPON - "Collective Buying Power." Deal-of-the-day website that is localized to major geographic markets in the United States and Canada. As of October 2010, Groupon serves more than 150 markets in North America and 100 markets in Europe, Asia and South America.
- Harry Gordon Selfridge - (1858-1947). United States-born British retail magnate who founded the London-based department store Selfridges.
- How The Smell Of Cinnamon Seduces Us Into Spending Money To Feel Better - Medical Daily.
- JDPOWER.COM - making it easier to be a consumer.
- KABOODLE - have fun shopping with friends, share and discover new products.
- KANTAR WORLDPANEL - "World leader in consumer knowledge and insights based on continuous consumer panels."
- KELKOO - "Find. Compare. Save." A European price comparison service founded in France in 1999.
- LUCKYMAG.COM - the online source for shopping & style from Lucky Magazine.
- LUISAVIAROMA - luxury shopping, worldwide shipping.
- Mapping the World's Prices 2015 - Deutsche Bank.
- MARNI - virtual store.
- MODCLOTH - American online retailer, based in Pittsburgh, PA, that specializes in vintage, vintage-inspired and indie clothing, accessories and decor.
- MYSTERY SHOPPING - tool used externally by market research companies.
- NEIMAN MARCUS - the christmas book 2010.
- NET-A-PORTER.COM - "World's premier online luxury fashion retailer." Designer clothes, shoes, bags and accessories for women.
- ODD PRICING - definition & explanation.
- PIXMANIA - "High-Tech products at unbeatable prices, service included."
- PRICERUNNER - "Compare prices." A price comparison website, a free service that was launched in 1999. "We compare thousands of products and millions of prices, saving you time and money."
- Psychological pricing - definition & explanation.
- Purple Passport - web-based collection of chic, one-stop-shop guides to experiencing the world's cities in style. The site was born out of a passion for travel, a love of the world's great cities, and a desire to spread the word.
- RACKED - Shopping and Style Intelligence." Racked obsesses about retail and shopping - from sidewalks to catwalks - in the country's most influential fashion centers."
- RALPH LAUREN - flag ship stores.
- Rebranding - marketing strategy in which a new name, term, symbol, design, or combination thereof is created for an established brand with the intention of developing a new, differentiated identity in the minds of consumers, investors, competitors, and other stakeholders.
- SEPHORA - is a chain of cosmetics stores founded in France in 1993 and acquired by Paris-based conglomerate LVMH in 1997. The Sephora chain includes more than 750 stores in 21 countries. It carries over 250 brands of items that include makeup, skin care, fragrance, bath, hair products, hair tools, and other beauty accessories, including Sephora's own private label.
- SHOP USA - shop online in USA. "Your free USA receiving address. Buy from any seller. We ship worldwide."
- SHOPIFY - "Sell online. Create your online store today." Shopify provides you with an ecommerce website, an easy to use administration area, and secure hosting - everything you need to sell your products online.
- SHOPPING - Wikipedia.
- Showrooming - definition & explanation.
- STYLE.COM - fashion trends and news.
- TEMPLES OF CONSUMPTION - "Shopping Malls As Secular Cathedrals."
- THE CONSUMERIST - "Shoppers bite back."
- THE LABEL FINDER - "The best way to find labels and shops." Label and store directories.
- THE SHOPS AT MALLERIES - online mall designed for professionals who are in the antiques, art, fine furnishings, jewelry & luxury goods industry.
- THIS NEXT - recommend, share and discover great products. "We are a community of shoppers sharing our best finds from across the web. We are passionate about new, unique, and interesting products that enable and enrich our lives. ThisNext is a place where you can find others who share your taste and through them discover new things that you will love. By harnessing the collective wisdom of our community, ThisNext is invaluable for tastemakers and thought leaders who turn to ThisNext to find the products and trends that are shaping their world."
- TOURBILLON - 20 Boutiques Worldwide. "True to the spirit of the masterpieces signed Breguet, Harry Winston, Blancpain, Glashütte Original, Jaquet Droz and Omega, as well as the exceptional Swatch models, Tourbillon constitutes the Haute Horlogerie distribution network for all the Swatch Group’s prestige brands."
- Trustpilot - founded in 2007. Portal gathering reviews on online shops to be used as advertising for their clients. Trustpilot is active in 16 countries including Denmark, Sweden, Norway, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy and USA.
- Why We Hate Cheap Things - The Book of Life.
- world's best fashion boutiques - The Telegraph.
- World's Most Spectacular Department Stores - Travel + Leisure.
- The Sarit Centre - shopping mall located in the Westlands neighbourhood of Nairobi, Kenya. Opened in 1983, it is Kenya's first ever shopping mall, whose "City within a City" concept of providing everything under one roof has since irrevocably changed retailing patterns and spurred shopping mall development throughout East Africa.
- MOROCCO MALL - "All for You." The first destination mall in Africa.
- Canal Walk Shopping Centre - "Shop the world." Opened in 2000 and was built around a canal. It has a total retail area of 141,000-square-metre (1,520,000 sq ft).
- WOOLWORTHS - chain of retail stores and one of the largest in the country, modeled on Marks & Spencer of the United Kingdom.
- Gateway Theatre of Shopping - shopping centre located on Umhlanga Ridge in Umhlanga, north of Durban, KwaZulu-Natal. It also has almost all of South Africa's and many major international retail stores. Gateway sees more than two million visitors coming through its doors per month. The centre was modeled on the Mall of America and West Edmonton Mall centres.
- Sandton City - upmarket shopping centre located in Sandton, Johannesburg. The centre covers a gross leasable area of 128,000 sq m (1,380,000 sq ft). of retail space. Office space and the Sandton Sun Hotel increase total space to 215,000 sq m (2,310,000 sq ft). Sandton City and the adjacent Nelson Mandela Square together form the largest retail complex in Africa. A pyramid-shaped roof provides the distinguishing feature of Sandton City.
- 50 best shops - TimeOut Shanghai.
- Huaihai Road - one of the two most famous shopping streets in Shanghai, China; the other is Nanjing Road. Compared with the more touristy Nanjing Road, Huaihai Road is more upscale, and is the preferred destination of local residents.
- IAPM MALL - since 2013. A luxury one-stop shop, with an endless list of fashion’s biggest names all taking. 999 Huai Hai Lu.
- NANJING ROAD - the main shopping street of Shanghai, and one of the world's busiest shopping streets.
- THE BUND - waterfront area in central Shanghai. The Bund usually refers to the buildings and wharves on this section of the road, as well as some adjacent areas. It is one of the most famous tourist destinations in Shanghai. Building heights are restricted in this area.
- Top 10 Shopping Malls in Shanghai
- Causeway Bay - heavily built-up area of Hong Kong, located on the Hong Kong Island, and covering parts of Wan Chai and Eastern districts. The rent in the shopping areas of Causeway Bay was ranked as the world's most expensive for the second year in a row, after overtaking New York's Fifth Avenue (annual rent per sq. ft.: US$2,500) in 2012. Annual rent per sq. ft.: US$3,017.
- DEPARTMENT STORES IN JAPAN - Wikipedia.
- GINZA DISTRICT - Wikipedia.
- MEIJI-YA - luxury delicatessen food store comparable to Fauchon in Paris, Fortnum & Mason in London.
- Mitsukoshi - international department store chain with headquarters in Tokyo founded in 1673.
- OPENING CEREMONY - multifaceted environment comprised of retail spaces, showroom, and gallery that establishes a new international creative forum. Opening Ceremony brings together emerging American talent with both young and established designers and artists from abroad.
- Tsukiji fish market - the biggest wholesale fish and seafood market in the world and also one of the largest wholesale food markets of any kind. The market is located in Tsukiji in central Tokyo, and is a major attraction for foreign visitors.
- LIANG COURT - shopping mall located in the vicinity of Clarke Quay, on the Singapore River.
- Galleria Department Store - two of the branches, namely Luxury Hall West and Luxury Hall East, both in Apgujeong-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, are famous for their deluxe goods.
- CENTRAL WORLD - the third largest shopping complex in the world.
- PANTIP PLAZA - indoor IT shopping mall located on New Phetchaburi Road in Ratchathewi district.
- PLATINUM FASHION MALL - "Thailand Largest Fashion Mall." Shopping mall in Phetchaburi Road, next to Pantip Plaza and opposite Pratunam Complex. The clothes shops operate on the principle that buying 1 piece is a retail sale and warrants retail price, but buying 3 (or sometimes more) pieces is wholesale and you get the wholesale price. An example of pricing structure is 1 men's shirt retail 250 baht, 3 shirts wholesale 500 baht.
- SIAM PARAGON - one of the biggest shopping centers in Asia.
- ZEN - upmarket Thai department store chain.
- CHIC OUTLET SHOPPING VILLAGES - collection of nine luxury outlet shopping Villages, home to some 900 boutiques of world-leading fashion and lifstyle brands offering their previous seasons’ collections with reductions of up to 60% on the recommended retail price, all year round. Located close to some of Europe’s favourite cities, these charming destinations are perfect additions to any European itinerary.
- Graben - is a pedestrianized street in the center of Vienna and one of the most famous streets in Vienna's first district and the heart of Vienna's most famous shopping streets. It begins at Stock-im-Eisen-Platz next to the Palais Equitable and ends at the junction of Kohlmarkt and Tuchlauben. Another street in the first district is called Tiefer Graben (deep ditch). It is crossed by Wipplinger Straße by means of the Hohe Brücke, a bridge about ten metres above street level.
- In Vienna, a Bespoke Tradition Thrives - International New York Times.
- Knize - "Tradition since 1858." KNIZE’S distinguished history began in the 19th century, when Habsburg Archdukes contracted its services. No other clothier in the world devotes more time to its suits than Knize. Ten days, 7.000 hand stitches, and the skill of Europe’s best tailor go into producing each Knize bespoke suit.
- WILHELM JUNGMANN & Neffe - founded in 1866. Men’s outfitter. Retains its traditional atmosphere as it looks to the future. The company carries 1,200 fabrics, including fine suiting wools, Harris tweeds, cashmeres and even vicuña, and offers in-house tailoring in an oak-wood room filled with bolts of materials on shelves reaching up to soaring ceilings.
- RA - Kloosterstraat 13. Since opening in 2009, RA Antwerp has stood as a platform of support for directional fashion and emerging artistic talent in Antwerp, Belgium. The space in the heart of the city comprises of four key components - a fashion retail concept, a bustling café restaurant, an art gallery space and curated bookstore.
- THE PEDESTRIAN STREET "STRØGET" - the main shopping street of Copenhagen and the longest pedestrian shopping area in Europe.
- FIELD'S - Arne Jacobsens Allé 12.
- GEORG JENSEN - flagship store: Amagertorv 4 ("Strøget").
- ILLUM - since 1891. Flagship store: Østergade 52 ("Strøget").
- ILLUMS BOLIGHUS - flagship store: Amagertorv 10 ("Strøget").
- MAGASIN DU NORD - since 1868. Kongens Nytorv 13. The most renowned department store in Copenhagen.
- Normann Copenhagen - Østerbrogade 70. "Shop Scandinavian design furniture and accessories | Worldwide shipping."
- ROYAL COPENHAGEN - since 1775. Flagship store: Amagertorv 6 ("Strøget").
"As a perfect symbiosis between rich and beautiful, Cannes has attracted many Paris shops of Haute Couture and Hauts Prix."
- Promenade de la Croisette - here you will find Cannes' most expensive shops offering the latest from the high-end brands.
- Rue d'Antibes
- Rue Meynadir
- LES HALLES DE LYON - the indoor food market represented by 59 knowledgeable food traders and craftsmen. Official website in French.
"Every town in the world is hailed as a shopping paradise by the guidebooks, or failing that, by the local chamber of commerce. In Paris, the description fits. The gates to paradise are the eighth and first arrondissements: the Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré, the Avenues Montaigne, François Ier, George V. The High Priests of Haute Couture are housed - or palaced - between Champs-Elysées and the Seine."
- AVENUE DES CHAMPS-LYSÉES - the main shopping street of Paris.
- AVENUE MONTAIGNE - dedicated, throughout its length, to high-fashion stores and other exclusive establishments.
- PARIS SHOPPING
- Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré - one of the most fashionable streets in the world thanks to the presence of virtually every major global fashion house.
- Alain Ducasse's chocolate factory - 40, rue de la roquette, 75011 Paris.
- Angelina - 226, rue de Rivoli, 75001 Paris, France. A stone’s throw from the Louvre, the Belle Époque interior of this famous French tea salon has been graced by the Paris high society since 1903. Opt for a typical French breakfast or the house speciality: a rich, traditional hot chocolate, which goes exquisitely with a croissant.
- Au Nain Bleu - since 1836. 252, boulevard Saint-Germain, 75007 Paris. Au Nain Bleu has been delighting children with their charming toys since the early 19th Century. They opened in 1836 and are the oldest toy store in Paris. Although many of their toys are expensive they also offer less pricier pieces and they remain a favored shop among children of all ages.
- BordeauxthÈque - world's largest Bordeaux wine store (owned and run by Duclot, the Bordeaux merchant house owned by Jean Francois Moueix, owner of Pétrus) in Paris flagship luxury department store Galeries Lafayette, 40 Boulevard Haussmann, 75009 Paris.
- Carrousel du Louvre . since 1993. Underground shopping mall. The name refers to two nearby sites, the Louvre museum and the Place du Carrousel. The mall contains a famous skylight, La Pyramide Inversée (the inverted pyramid). Men's fashion, women's fashion, plus well-being, restaurants, leisure activities, etc.
- CARTIER - founded in Paris in 1847 by Louis-François Cartier. 13, rue de la Paix.
- COLETTE - 213, rue Saint-Honoré. Concept store and the preeminent Parisian fashion and style boutique founded in March 1997.
- E. dehillerin - since 1920. 18-20 Rue Coquillière. "Le spécialiste du matériel de cuisine." Expert in kitchen and pastry tools and cookware.
- ERIC BOMPARD CASHMERE - 91, avenue des Champs-Élysées.
- FAUCHON - 24-26, place de la Madeleine. The top luxury gourmet store in France.
- FRED JOAILLIER - founded in 1936. Subsidiary of LVMH. 7, place Vendôme.
- Galerie de l'Opera de Paris - a superb boutique nestled inside the historic Palais Garnier opera house.
- Galerie Vivienne - since 1823. The Galerie Vivienne is a passage in the second arrondissement of Paris, France. It is 176 metres (577 ft) long and 3 metres (9.8 ft) wide. The gallery has been registered as a historical monument since 7 July 1974.
- GALERIES LAFAYETTE - 40, boulevard Haussmann. Since 1912. Paris' luxury flagship department store.
- GIORGIO ARMANI - 18, avenue Montaigne.
- GOYARD - 233, rue Saint-Honoré. French luggage manufacturer established in 1853.
- HÉDIARD PARIS - since 1854 a benchmark in luxury fine foods, fruits, spices, tea, coffee, foies gras, gift baskets, and more.
- HEYRAUD - 5, boulevard de la Madeleine. Shoes & handbags.
- LadurÉe - 75, avenue des Champs-Élysées, 75008 Paris, France. Since 1862. French luxury bakery and sweets maker house. It is one of the top premier sellers of the double-decker macaron, fifteen thousand of which are sold every day. They are still one of the best known makers of macarons in the world.
- L'Éclaireur - 26, avenue des Champs Elysées. "It was in 1980 that Martine and Armand Hadida opened the first L'Éclaireur boutique in Paris. For them, it was a way to affirm their chosen path by proposing a selection of designers embodying directional design talent."
- LE BON MARCHÉ - 24, rue de Sèvres.
- LENÔTRE - chocolatier since 1957. 44, rue d’Auteuil.
- LES CAVES DE TAILLEVENT - 199, rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré.
- LOUIS VUITTON - flagship store: 101, avenue des Champs-Élysées.
- LOUIS VUITTON Haute Joaillerie - 23, place Vendôme.
- MARNI - 57, avenue Montaigne.
- MERCI - 111, boulevard Beaumarchais. Haute bespoke parfumerie.
- Pinel & Pinel - 22, rue Royale. The luxury house well known for its contemporary and bespoke trunks.
- POILÂNE - 49, boulevard de Grenelle, 75015 Paris, France. "Boulangerie en ligne." The most famous bakery in the world. Widely known for a round, two-kilogram sourdough country bread referred to as a miche or pain Poilâne.
- PRINTEMPS - 64, boulevard Haussmann. since 1865. Paris flagship department store. Focus on beauty, lifestyle, fashion, accessories, and men's wear.
- RA - 14 rue de la Corderie. RA has initiated its presence in Paris since 2010 with a series of exhibitions at our temporary space in the Marais district during womens and mens prêt-à-porter fashion weeks. The unique connection with RA Antwerp will continue to evolve, creating an enriched artistic dialogue between the two cities.
- Salon des Parfums - Cartier, 13 rue de la Paix. Haute bespoke parfumerie.
- VAN CLEEF & ARPELS - founded in 1906. Haute Joaillerie. 24, place Vendôme.
- Le Carré d’Or | Golden Triangle - all the biggest names in fashion are gathered in a sort of golden triangle between the place de la Garonne, the rue Sibilli, the rue Allard and the rue Gambetta.
- Super Shopping - Since the fifties, Saint-Tropez is a true laboratory for fashion trends. The greatest international brands are established in this luxury hot spot of the French Riviera, where designers’ genuine creations are much acclaimed by fashion followers.
- KAUFHAUS DES WESTENS | KADEWE - the second-largest department store in Europe; trumped only by Harrods in London.
- KurfÜrstendamm - known locally as the Ku'damm, is one of the most famous avenues in Berlin and one of the main shopping streets in former West Berlin, especially for luxury goods. This very broad, long boulevard can be considered the Champs-Élysées of Berlin — full of shops, houses, hotels and restaurants. In particular, many fashion designers have their shops there, as well as several car manufacturers' show rooms.
- Tauentzienstraße - major shopping street in the western inner city of Berlin. It runs between two important squares, Wittenbergplatz in the east and Breitscheidplatz in the west, where it is continued by the Kurfürstendamm boulevard.
- 4711 Flagshipstore - since 1792. 4711 House of Fragrances, Glockengasse 4, 50667 Cologne.
- DALLMAYR - luxury delicatessen food store in Munich, Germany, dating back to the 17th century. Its reputation is comparable to Fauchon in Paris, Fortnum & Mason in London, or Meidi-Ya in Tokyo. About 2.5 million people visit the main store every year. Besides luxury food, Dallmayr also sells a luxury brand of coffee, includes a restaurant, a party service, and other food related services.
- Kaufingerstraße - one of the major shopping streets in Munich.
- Neuhauser Straße - one of the main shopping streets of Munich.
- AndrÁssy Avenue - Budapest’s answer to Paris’ Champs-Élysées. Hungarian: Andrássy út is a 2,310-metre iconic boulevard in Budapest, dating back to 1872. It links Erzsébet Square with the Városliget. Lined with spectacular Neo-renaissance mansions and townhouses featuring fine facades and interiors, it was recognised as a World Heritage Site in 2002. It is also one of Budapest's main shopping streets, with fine cafes, restaurants, theatres, and luxury boutiques.
- VIA DE' TORNABUONI - or Via Tornabuoni - the Fifth Avenue of Florence - is a luxurious street of the center of Florence that goes from Antinori square to ponte Santa Trinita, across Santa Trinita square, characterised by the presence of fashion boutiques.
- Quadrilatero della moda - 'Quadrilatero d'Oro', 'Quadrilateral of Fashion', Via Montenapoleone fashion district, is a high-class shopping district in the centre of the Italian city of Milan, characterised by the presence of numerous boutiques and related retail outlets which represent most of the world’s major fashion houses. The sides of the quadrilateral, located to the south of the arches of Porta Nuova, are formed by Via Montenapoleone (SW), Via Manzoni (NW), Via della Spiga (NE), and Corso Venezia (SE); this last meets Via Montenapoleone at Piazza San Babila. Streets inside this area include Via Borgospesso, Via Santo Spirito, Via Gesù, Via Sant'Andrea, and Via Bagutta. The zone extends in practice also to the north-west of Via Manzoni with Via Pisoni, and to the south and west of Via Montenapoleone with Corso Giacomo Matteotti, Piazza Meda, Via San Pietro all'Orto, and Via Verri.
- VIA DELLA SPIGA - one of Milan's most prestigious and upscale shopping streets.
- VIA MONTENAPOLEONE - the main shopping street of Milan. Nicknamed 'Montenapo' by the Milanese, is an elegant and expensive street in Milan, famous for its ready-to-wear fashion and jewelry shops.
- 10 Corso Como - slow shopping.
- BOTTEGA VENETA - via Montenapoleone 5.
- Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II - often nicknamed il salotto di Milano, or Milan's drawing room, due to its numerous shops and importance as a common Milanese meeting and dining place. Built between 1865 and 1877. The Galleria connects two of Milan's most famous landmarks: The Duomo (Milan Cathedral) and the Teatro Alla Scala.
- LUCIANO BARBERA - "The Classic Original Italian Style."
- VALEXTRA - flagship store.
- MERCERIA - the main shopping street of Venice.
- SHOPPING IN MONACO
- CarrÉ d'Or - The "Carré d’Or" boutiques bear the most famous names in luxury and offer you the latest creations from fashion designers such as Hermès, Céline, Christian Dior, Saint Laurent Rive Gauche, Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Chanel, Prada, Ichthys and more. The Place du Casino and the neighbouring roads (Avenue Monte-Carlo, Avenue des Beaux Arts, Allées Lumières) create one enormous jewellery shop with Cartier, Chopard, Van Cleef Arpels, Bulgari, Piaget, Repossi and others. For art lovers, the many antique dealers or designers are available to you, including Fersen, Adriano Ribolzi, Gismondi and many more famous names.
- Chopard - Place du Casino, Café de Paris, Monte-Carlo. High Jewellery.
- mcmarket - 3-11 Avenue des Spélugues, Monte-Carlo. Luxury goods.
- MÉtropole Shopping Center - 17, avenue des Spélugues, Monte-Carlo. 80 boutiques, opposite the Casino Gardens welcomes you into a luxury décor of beautiful marble under a magnificent period chandelier.
- ZEGG & CERLATI - 1, place du Casino, Monte-Carlo. Luxury jewelry and watches.
- Kalverstraat - busy shopping street of Amsterdam, also the most expensive shopping street in the Netherlands.
- P.C. Hooftstraat - "Fifth Avenue of Amsterdam." Posh and expensive shopping street in Amsterdam. Home to some of the most expensive apartments in the country, and the international luxury brands target those well-heeled locals.
- Schiphol Amsterdam Airport - indoor shopping in more than 100 stores. Schiphol has large shopping areas as a source of revenue and as an additional attraction for passengers. Schiphol Plaza is the shopping centre before customs, hence it is used by air travelers and non-traveling visitors.
- GUM - founded in 1893. The name of the principal department store in many cities of the former Soviet Union.
- TSUM - one of the most renowned department stores in Moscow.
- The Passage - elite department store on Nevsky Avenue, which celebrated its 150th anniversary in 1998.
- Calle Serrano - in Madrid's wealthiest neighborhood the Salamanca district. Most of the great international brands and designers are found here.
- Drottninggatan - major pedestrian street and Stockholms most visited street for shopping.
- NORDISKA KOMPANIET - famous department store. Hamngatan 18-20.
- W.A. BOLIN - founded in 1791. Located at Sturegatan 6, Stockholm, Sweden. The world’s oldest jeweller family still in business today. Court Jeweller to five Russian tsars (1790-1916 in St. Petersburg) and three Swedish kings.
- GLOBUS DEPARTMENT STORES - founded in 1907. "Savoir Vivre." Has stores in all major Swiss cities. The chain sells mostly upscale goods, including clothing, cosmetics, jewelry and household supplies.
- RUE DU RHÔNE - the Rue du Rhône is the luxury shoppers' paradise where the most prestigious brands vie with one another in elegance and style..
- BUCHERER - founded in 1888. 45, Rue du Rhône.
- CHOPARD - founded in 1860. Flagship Store, 27 Rue du Rhône.
- THE PROMENADE - in the center of the village of Gstaad, the Promenade is a group of shops that fits its name perfectly. People come here for a stroll and to enjoy the elegant fashion boutiques, jewelers, art galleries, and busy restaurants, not to forget the shops offering regional products. The Promenade, transformed into a pedestrian area in 1996, gives everyone a moment of peace and pleasure.
- Via Serlas - all the prestigious names on the international fashion scene are lined up together. Via Serlas is to St. Moritz what the Bahnhofstrasse is to Zurich. Or Rodeo Drive to Los Angeles. Merely on a smaller, more intimate scale. In addition to the many fashion stores, St. Moritz shoppers will also find sparkling gemstones, stylish designer furniture, fine wine and a superb choice of delicatessens. Yet it is never far to the next little street where local specialties await, for example: Hatecke’s fat-free designer salsiz and haute-couture ham, Glattfelder’s caviar and original homemade coffee mixtures or Hanselmann’s legendary Engadine nut-torte.
- BAHNHOFSTRASSE - Zurich's main downtown street and one of the world's most expensive and exclusive shopping avenues.
- Egyptian Bazaar - since 1660. One of the largest bazaars in the city. Located in Fatih, in the neighborhood of Eminönü, it is the second largest covered shopping complex after the Grand Bazaar.
- Grand Bazaar - since 1455. One of the largest and oldest covered markets in the world, with more than 58 covered streets and over 4,000 shops.
- List of shopping malls in Istanbul - Wikipedia.
- NiŞantaŞi District - the luxury fashion district for fine Istanbul shopping includes the stores of world famous brands and has many popular cafés, pubs, restaurants and night clubs.
- METROCENTRE - largest shopping center in Europe.
"Over one thousand shops in London sell their fine British wares By Appointment to Her Majesty the Queen, but not by appointment only. Those unadorned with the Royal Coat of Arms of the British Court emblazoned on their façade try to serve other courts; the Danish one, for exemple, or the Dutch. Royalty from all over the world are among the regular buyers between St. James Street and Savile Row, but crown jewellery isn't necessarily always at the top of the shopping list. The courtly objects range from pipes by Dunhill to dogfood by Clark. Style, even in the nonaffiliated stores, is definitely royal, and London remains the most elegant, exclusive and elitist shopping mecca in the world."
"England is a nation of shopkeepers." - Napoleon Bonaparte.
- BOND STREET - Old & New Bond Streets are major shopping streets in London.
- Carnaby Street - pedestrianised shopping street in the City of Westminster, London, located in the Soho district, near Oxford Street and Regent Street. It is home to numerous fashion and lifestyle retailers, including a large number of independent fashion boutiques.
- JERMYN STREET - the shops are almost exclusively aimed at the Gentleman's market and is famous for its resident shirtmakers.
- OXFORD STREET - the main shopping street of London.
- PORTOBELLO ROAD - on Saturdays it is home to Portobello Road Market, one of London's notable street markets, known for its second-hand clothes and antiques.
- REGENT STREET - one of the major shopping streets in London's West End.
- SAVILE ROW - "golden mile of tailoring".
- 127 - 127 Brick Lane. "Opened in 2005, 127 offers a selection of clothes, shoes and accessories from both current and past collections of up and coming designers as well as more established brands."
- Abercrombie & Fitch - flagship store: 7 Burlington Gardens, Mayfair.
- Allens of Mayfair - since 1830. 117 Mount St, London W1K 3LA, U.K. "Online Butchers - Quality Fresh Meat." The shop is manned 20 hours a day to provide quality meat to many of London’s finest establishments including the Connaught, Claridge’s, The Dorchester, The Berkeley and The Savoy.
"London's oldest butcher is now online, offering the best seasonal meat products available. Prime Scottish Beef, Steaks, Lamb, Pork, Veal, Poultry, Chicken, Duck ..."
- ASPREY - London Flagship Store, 167 New Bond Street. "British Luxury Goods Since 1781." The British Royal family’s personal jewelers.
- AUSTIN REED - 103 Regent Street.
- BEAUCHAMP PLACE - shop where royalty and celebrities shop, browse the boutiques.
- BOODLES - Bond Street, 178 New Bond St. "Britains Finest Jewellers since 1798."
- BRIONI - 32 Bruton Street.
- BURBERRY - 121 Regent Street. The new Burberry World Live Flagship. The largest Burberry store in the world. A space where the digital world meets the physical, the new Burberry store welcomes you to try on clothes in front of a mirror that transforms into a screen. Watch how the piece you’re wearing was made and what it looks like in full-flow on the catwalk. Members of staff all have iPads at the ready to help you find exactly what you’re looking for and guest WiFi is available throughout the store - perfect for all you tweeters. Upon entry into the store, a huge screen complete with speakers and stage is there to welcome you. There may even be a live acoustic set, showcasing the best of Britain’s new emerging artists. This is the epitome of shopping in style.
- BURLINGTON ARCADE - is a covered shopping arcade in London that runs behind Bond Street from Piccadilly through to Burlington Gardens. It is one of the precursors of the mid-19th century European shopping gallery and the modern shopping centre. The Burlington Arcade was built "for the sale of jewellery and fancy articles of fashionable demand, for the gratification of the public". The Arcade opened in 1819 and is the world's first shopping mall.
- CHANEL BOUTIQUE - 26 Old Bond Street.
- DAKS - 10 Old Bond Street. UK. Design, manufacture and retail of tailored garments and accessories for men and women.
- DOVER STREET MARKET
- FORTNUM & MASON - 181 Piccadilly since 1707. "The original experts in hampers".
- FOYLES - London, England, U.K. Once listed in the Guinness Book of Records as the world's largest bookshop in terms of shelf area (30 miles/50 kilometres) and number of titles on display. In the past, it was famed for its anachronistic, eccentric and sometimes infuriating business practices; so much so that it was a tourist attraction. It has since modernised, opened new branches and established an on-line store.
- GARRARD - the oldest jeweller in the world, established 1735. 24 Albemarle Street.
- Geo. F. Trumper - Gentlemen's Hairdresser, The Mayfair Shop, 9 Curzon Street, London W1J 5HQ, U.K. "London's Favourite barber, hairdresser and perfumer since 1875. Geo. F. Trumper is recognised as the finest traditional gentlemen's barber in London and is known throughout the world for its matchless range of gentlemen's fragrances and grooming products."
- GOYARD - 116, Mount Street. French luggage manufacturer established in 1853.
- GRAFF - founded in 1960. "The Most Fabulous Jewels in the World." Flagship Store, 6-8 New Bond Street.
- HARRODS - 87-135 Brompton Road. The biggest department store in Europe. Owner as of 8 May 2010: Qatar Investment Authority.
- HARVEY NICHOLS - the flagship store on the corner of Knightsbridge and Sloane Street.
- HOSTEM - 43 Redchurch Street. New men’s establishment in the heart of London’s East End.
- HUNTSMAN - 11 Savile Row. Established 1849. A doyen of Savile Row with the reputation for the most expensive and exquisite, bespoke suits. Famous past and present customers include Charlie Watts, Bing Crosby, Dirk Bogarde, Gregory Peck, Rex Harrison, Douglas Fairbanks Jr.
- JOHN LEWIS - the first John Lewis store was opened in 1864 in Oxford Street, London. "Never Knowingly Undersold". Chain of upmarket department stores operating throughout Great Britain.
- LAYERS LONDON - 16 Conduit Street. Layers London sources the finest avant-garde and artisanal men and womenswear designers from around the world. A place where fashion, art, music and literature are all housed within one of London’s most unique conceptual spaces.
- LIBERTY - the iconic Liberty store at: Regent Street (main entrance is located on Great Marlborough Street). The department store sells a wide range of luxury goods including women’s, men’s and children’s fashion, cosmetics and fragrances, jewellery, accessories, homeware, furniture, stationery and gifts. Liberty is known for its floral and graphic prints.
- LN-CC | Late Night Chameleon Cafe - 18 Shacklewell Lane, Dalston, London E8 2EZ, U.K. The LN-CC store space acts as an evolving platform of curated ideas that encompasses menswear, womenswear, music, and books. The store consists of four individual product rooms, a library, a record store, gallery and a club space for private events with custom built, vintage sound system. The store is open 7 days a week and operates on an appointment-only basis. Booking an appointment is simple, and can be done by phone or by email. For an appointment please call us on +44 (0)20 7275 7265 or send an email to email@example.com with your preferred time and date.
- London Silver Vaults - "The home of silver shopping." Located in Chancery Lane, between the City and West End, The London Silver Vaults is home to the largest retail collection of fine antique silver in the world. Behind the huge safe doors and within its vaulted walls, you can find anything from a champagne swizzle stick to a full size silver armchair!
- MARKS & SPENCER - flagship store: Marble Arch, London, on 485 Oxford Street.
- MIKIMOTO - in 1893 founder Kokichi Mikomoto became the first in the world to successfully culture a pearl. 179 Bond Street.
- OXYGEN BOUTIQUE - 38 Eastcastle Street. An arty London store specialising in quirky New York labels.
- Peter Jones - large department store in central London located in Sloane Square, Chelsea. The Duchess of Cambridge's favorite department store.
- Piccadilly Arcade - runs between Piccadilly and Jermyn Street in central London. It was opened in 1909, having been designed by Thrale Jell. The main entrance is on the south side of Piccadilly directly opposite to the Burlington Arcade. It contains sixteen high class shops, many of which sell clothing especially shirts.
- ROJA PERFUMES BRAND SHOP - at Harrods, 87-135 Brompton Road, Knightsbridge.
- ROLAND MOURET - 8 Carlos Place, Mayfair.
- Sautter - since 1961. "Finest Havana Cigars." 106 Mount Street, Mayfair, London W1K 2TW, England, U.K.
- SELFRIDGES - 400 Oxford Street.
- The Jet Business - The Jet Business, One Grosvenor Place, Knightsbridge, London SW1X 7JH, U.K. "The world's first ever street-level corporate aviation showroom for the acquisition and sale of private jet aircraft and ancillary services."
- THE LIBRARY - 268 Brompton Road. Avantgarde men's fashion.
- TOPSHOP STORES - womens clothing & fashion.
- TURNBULL & ASSER - established 1885. 71 & 72 Jermyn Street, London. Bespoke shirtmaker. Over 1,000 different shirt fabrics alone are available to customers who wish to express their individuality through the clothes they wear.
- UDESHI - 8 Davies, Mayfair. Luxury mens fashion and apparel.
- URBAN OUTFITTERS STORES
- WESTFIELD - shopping centre in Shepherd's Bush in the London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham. Under one roof more than 265 shops from over 15 countries.
- WILLIAM & SON - 10 Mount Street, Mayfair. Flagship luxury goods store. Founded by William Asprey, seventh generation member of the Asprey family, in 1999.
- ZAGLIANI - 8 Sloane Street. Italian luxury handbags.
- ZARA STORES - Oxford Street area.
- Dubai's must-visit mini malls - Time Out Dubai.
- EMAAR BOULEVARD - inspired by the great boulevards of the world, Emaar Boulevard, a 73m wide and 3.5km long lifeline of the buzzing Downtown Dubai, will be one of the finest, and most exclusive shopping strips in the world.
- Top 10 Malls in Dubai
- Al Ghurair Centre - "Soul of the City." Dubai's original urban community offers you, entertainment, outdoor dining, 350 international and regional brands, cinema, and luxury hotels.
- BURJUMAN - "A Better Class of Shopping." Here's where the world's leading brands mingle comfortably with one another. With 300 leading stores, you'll always be spoilt for choice.
- Deira City Centre - located on the waterfront, Deira City Centre is known for it’s friendly service. There are over 350 stores with a diverse range of merchandise. You’ll find all of the great fashion brands, as well as electronics, jewellery and local specialities such as silk, cashmere and oriental rugs. It’s a great place for jewellery with 33 dedicated stores.
- Dubai Airport Duty Free - available at Terminal 1 and Terminal 3.
- DUBAI DUTY FREE - since 1983. Has grown to become one of the world’s largest airport retailers.
- J3 Mall - a distinctive community center, nestled in the heart of Al Manara area.
- MALL OF ARABIA - unique retail resort within City of Arabia. More than 1,400 diverse retail outlets.
- MALL OF THE EMIRATES - "Shopping is just the beginning."
- MALL OF THE WORLD - Dubai has on November 24, 2012 announced it will build a new tourism-retail center dubbed the Mall of the World that will include the shopping complex that would outclass the Dubai Mall, previously billed as the worlds largest, and that could welcome 80 million people a year.
- Mercato Shopping Mall - "The Good Life." The mall is designed to look like a Mediterranean town during the European Renaissance in Italy. Located in the prestigious Jumeirah residential area, it marks a clear departure from the Arabian architecture. Piazzas, cobbled streets, and top international brands all make for a fantastic shopping experience.
- THE DUBAI MALL - world's largest shopping mall. Home to just about every major fashion brand in the world. A 440,000 square feet Fashion Avenue comprising high and mid-fashion pays homage to haute couture. The Dubai Mall currently has 1,200 stores and 160 food and beverage outlets.
- Town Centre Jumeirah - bright, open and spacious, Town Centre Jumeirah is home to over 40 outlets which include well-being facilities, a wide range of service providers, specialty stores.
- List of Shopping Malls in Doha
- Landmark - since 2000. Shopping mall located in Al Gharaffa in Doha. It is designed like a circus and a fair.
- Villaggio Mall - since 2006. Shopping mall located in the Aspire Zone in the west end of Doha, the capital city of Qatar. It is located on Al Waab street between the Hyatt Plaza and Sports City and has over 200 stores, including many famous brands in the U.S., U.K., Italian and German markets.
- WEST EDMONTON MALL - the largest shopping mall in North America and the tenth largest in the world. West Edmonton Mall covers a gross area of about 490,000 sq m (5,300,000 sq ft). There are over 800 stores and services and parking for more than 20,000 vehicles. More than 24,000 people are employed at the property. The mall receives 32.2 million visitors per year; it also attracts between 90,000 and 200,000 shoppers daily, depending on the day and season.
- Bloor Street - home to the most expensive retail space in Canada.
- Holt Renfrew - high-end Canadian department store. It is comparable to Barneys New York and Saks Fifth Avenue in the United States.
- Queen Street West - best known as a centre for Canadian broadcasting, music, fashion, performance, and the visual arts.
- Centro Comercial Santa Fe - large enclosed shopping mall in the Santa Fe area of Mexico City, approximately 400,000 square metres (4,305,564 sq ft) in size. Centro Santa Fe is the largest shopping center in Latin America, 108,000 square metres (1,162,502 sq ft). It offers a unique upscale shopping experience featuring around 285 stores selling top brands and the top boutiques of Mexico.
- Perisur - located in the southwest part of the city, Perisur is one of the largest and classiest shopping centres of Mexico City. It houses over 230 stores with high-end designer labels and a large selection of clothing, shoes, accessories, items for the home and many more. The centre also provides beauty salons, banks, travel agencies and other service providers as well as 25 eateries and a 20-screen cinema for entertainment.
U. S. A.
||Beverly Hills, CA
||Costa Mesa, CA
||Los Angeles, CA
||New York City, NY
||Palm Beach, FL
|San Francisco, CA
|West Hollywood, CA
- JEFFREY - 3500 Peachtree Rd. N.E. Fashion store.
Beverly Hills, CA
"Los Angeles' best shopping area, like so much else, is in Beverly Hills, the rhombus limited by Wilshire and Little Sanata Monica Boulevards, by Bedford and Cañon Drives, with North Rodeo Drive - the oligarchy's favorite trekking path - right in the middle."
- BEVERLY HILLS CITY GUIDE - reviews and recommendations by Citysearch.
- RODEO DRIVE - official site.
- BIJAN - 420 North Rodeo Drive. By appointment only: menswear, perfume, jewelry, watches, bulletproof lined jackets, accessories.
- CHANEL BOUTIQUE - 400 North Rodeo Drive.
- NEIMAN MARCUS - 9700 Wilshire Boulevard.
- SAKS 5TH AVENUE - 9600 Wilshire Boulevard at S Peck Drive.
- MALL OF AMERICA - the second largest mall in North America.
- Newbury Street - "Rodeo Drive of the East." Located in the Back Bay area of Boston. It runs roughly east-to-west, from the Boston Public Garden to Massachusetts Ave. The road crosses many major arteries along its path, with an entrance to the Mass Pike westbound at Mass Ave. East of Mass Ave, it is a mile long street lined with historic 19th-century brownstones that contain hundreds of shops and restaurants, making it a popular destination for tourists and locals. The most "high-end boutiques" are located near the Boston Public Garden end of Newbury Street (ironically referred to as "lower Newbury" due the street numbers). As the address numbers climb, the shops become slightly less expensive and more bohemian up to Massachusetts Avenue. Newbury Street has an eclectic mix of shops and eateries. Its renovated brownstone buildings feature stores at all retail levels, -- physically (basement, street level, and above), stylistically (shabby chic to elegant), and financially (affordable to exclusive). There are coffee shops, trendy cafes and an array of restaurants to suit many tastes. Yet due to the concentration of up-scale stores at its lower end, it is touted as one of the most expensive streets in the world. Luxury goods stores include Ralph Lauren, Chanel, Armani, Nanette Lepore, Ted Baker, Ben Sherman, Donna Karan, Burberry, Cartier, Loro Piana, Kate Spade, Bang & Olufsen, Valentino, Marc Jacobs and Ermenegildo Zegna.
- Marshall Field's - (1852-2006). Was an upscale department store in Chicago, Illinois, that grew to become a major chain before being acquired by Macy's, Inc., on August 30, 2005.
- MORRIS & SONS - since 1952. Clothier for men and women. 557 W. Polk Street.
- SHRINE - Haberdashers. "Committed to making the world's finest and most obscure artisan-crafted men's accessories available to all."
Costa Mesa, CA
- SOUTH COAST PLAZA - upscale-luxury shopping center. The largest mall in California.
- Dillard's - flagship department store at NorthPark Center.
- NEIMAN MARCUS - founded 1907. Luxury specialty retail department store.
- NorthPark Center - 8687 North Central Expressway.
- VON MAUR - family owned since 1872. 25 upscale department stores with wide selection of brand-name merchandise in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska and Ohio. A hallmark of some of the Von Maur services are a no-interest bearing credit card account, free shipping and free gift wrapping offered every day.
- Ala Moana Center - opened in 1959. The largest open air shopping mall in the world. Over 260 stores and restaurants as well as four well known department stores, including Macy’s and Neiman Marcus.
- Kalakaua Avenue - the main thoroughfare of Waikiki, named after Hawaii's last reigning king King Kalakaua, which houses most of the high-end hotels (Royal Hawaiian, Sheraton, Hyatt, Moana Surfrider Hotel), most of the luxury designer brand stores (Apple Store, Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Prada, Burberry, Dior, Tiffany & Co., Fendi, Cartier, Gucci & Coach) and popular surf clothing brand stores (Quiksilver, Billabong, Volcom).
- Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center - 2201 Kalakaua Avenue.
Los Angeles, CA
- AMERICAN RAG COMPAGNIE - flagship store: 150 South La Brea Avenue. One of the most innovative and trendsetting retailers in the United States.
- BEVERLY CENTER - opened in 1982. Located at the edge of Beverly Hills and West Hollywood. Anchor tenants include Macy's,and Bloomingdale's.
- LISA KLINE - upscale fashion boutique with large celebrity following.
- MAXFIELD - attracts a bounty of celebrity shoppers.
- OPENING CEREMONY - multifaceted environment comprised of retail spaces, showroom, and gallery that establishes a new international creative forum. Opening Ceremony brings together emerging American talent with both young and established designers and artists from abroad.
New York City, NY
"If you can't find it in New York, you can't find it anywhere. The small sector of Fifth Avenue from Rockefeller Cetner to the Plaza Hotel, is the heart of the shopping metropolis of the world. The arteries stretch out onto Madison Avenue, Park Avenue, Lexington Avenue and the Village in the south of Manhattan."
- FIFTH AVENUE - the main shopping street of New York City.
- APPLE - flagship store: 767 Fifth Avenue. The store grosses more per square foot than any store in the world - also more in total, in absolute dollars.
- ABERCROMBIE & FITCH - flagship store: 720 Fifth Avenue.
- BARNES&NOBLE - 555 Fifth Avenue, New York City, NY 10017, U.S.A. A Fortune 500 company, is the world’s largest bookseller and the nation’s highest rated bookselling brand.
- BARNEYS NEW YORK - luxury department chain store founded in 1923. Flagship store: 660 Madison Avenue.
- BERGDORF GOODMAN - luxury goods department store founded 1899. 754 Fifth Avenue.
- BEST & CO. - (1879-1971).
- BLOOMINGDALE'S - affectionately referred to as "Bloomie's," upscale chain of department stores owned by Macy's, Inc. Founded in 1861. Flagship store: 59th Street and 3rd Avenue.
- BONWIT TELLER - (1895-1990).
- BROOKS BROTHERS - oldest men's clothier chain in the United States. Since 2001 and now also features clothing for women. Business and casual clothing for men and women. Founded in 1818. Flagship store: 346 Madison Avenue.
- BUCCELLATI - founded in 1919. Flagship Store: 810 Madison Avenue.
- Cesare Attolini - flagship store on 798 Madison Avenue, at the corner of 67th Street in Manhattan. Synonym of Naples' tailoring tradition all around the world.
- DEAN & DELUCA - since 1977. Chain of upscale grocery stores and online gourmet suppliers.
- Dominique Ansel Bakery - 189 Spring St, Soho, New York, NY 10012, U.S.A. One of "Top 10 Pastry Chefs in the United States" by Dessert Professional Magazine. Winner of Time Out New York's Best Bakery 2012. Specialty: the Cronut (Half Croissant, Half Doughnut).
- EATALY - 200 5th Avenue, New York City, NY 10010. High-end Italian food market / mall chain which first opened in Turin, Italy, in January 2007. The New York City Eataly 50,000 square-foot emporium opened in August 2010.
- FAO Schwarz - founded in 1862. Flagship Store: (General Motors Building) 767 5th Avenue @ 58th St., New York City, NY 10153. The oldest toy store in the United States. The company is known for its unique high-end toys, life-sized stuffed animals, dolls, and games. The FAO Schwarz flagship store on Fifth Avenue in New York City is a popular tourist destination, and has gained iconic status for its floor piano, cameos in major motion pictures, and real-life toy soldiers.
- FOLEY & CORINNA - 114 Stanton Street.
- hammacher schlemmer - founded 1848. Flagship store: 145 East 57th Street, New York, NY 10022.
- HARRY WINSTON - founded 1932. Flagship Store: 718 5th Avenue at 56th Street.
- HENRI BENDEL - founded 1895. 712 Fifth Avenue. Upscale women's specialty store based in New York City that sells fashion accessories, cosmetics and fragrances, gifts and gourmet foods.
- IF - 94 Grand St. Fashion store.
- JEFFREY - 449 West 14th St. Fashion store.
- KITON - 4 East 54st Street. Kiton's U.S. flagship store.
- LEDERER DE PARIS - 625 Madison Ave. The leading luxury leather store that has been gracing the fashion industry in Paris, London and New York since 1898.
- LORD & TAYLOR - 424 Fifth Avenue. Founded 1826. The oldest upscale, specialty-retail department store chain in the United States.
- MACY'S - founded 1858. Flagship store at Herald Square, between 34th and 35th on Broadway.
- MAGNOLIA BAKERY - since 1996. 401 Bleecker St. (at 11th St.), New York City, NY, U.S.A. Known for its famous dessert treats, including its cupcakes and old-fashioned Depression era icebox cakes. (The bakery has been featured in Lazy Sunday, a Saturday Night Live digital short broadcast in December 2005; also on Sex and the City, in the films Prime and The Devil Wears Prada, the sitcom Spin City, and was also briefly mentioned in the third season of Veronica Mars.)
- MASSIMO BIZZOCCHI - 433 West 14th Street. "A window to a world of artisan crafted clothing and accessories from Italy and New York."
- OMEGA FINE JEWELLERY - founded in 1848. 711 Fifth Avenue.
- OPENING CEREMONY - 35 Howard Street. Multifaceted environment comprised of retail spaces, showroom, and gallery that establishes a new international creative forum in downtown Manhattan. Opening Ceremony brings together emerging American talent with both young and established designers and artists from abroad.
- PIAGET - founded in 1874. 730 Fifth Avenue.
- PRADA - 575 Broadway, at Prince St. (SoHo). Prada's Rem Koolhaas US$40 million designed flagship store.
- Pucci - flagshipstore. Madison Avenue at 71st Street. World's largest Pucci store. The interior is modeled after the Palazzo Pucci in Florence.
- RALPH LAUREN - flagship stores: 867 (for men) & 888 Madison Avenue (for women).
- RALPH LAUREN FINE JEWELRY STORE - 888 Madison Avenue.
- ROGAN STORE - "ROGAN continues to fuse the traditional, experimental, rural and urban with clothing, architecture and art."
- SAKS FIFTH AVENUE - luxury specialty department store chain founded in 1898. Flagship store: 611 Fifth Avenue.
- Sephora - flagship store: 597 5th Avenue, New York City, NY 10017. Chain of cosmetics stores founded in France in 1993 and acquired by Paris-based conglomerate LVMH in 1997. The Sephora chain includes more than 750 stores in 21 countries. It carries over 250 brands of items that include makeup, skin care, fragrance, bath, hair products, hair tools, and other beauty accessories, including Sephora's own private label.
- TIFFANY & CO. - since 1837. Flagship Store, 727 Fifth Avenue & 57th Street.
- W. & J. Sloane - (1843-1984). Flagship store at 8 West 38th Street, New York City. Furniture and rug store in New York City that catered to the wealthy. Over the years Sloane's clients included everyone from the novelist Washington Irving to John D. Rockefeller, founder of Standard Oil.
- WOOLWORTH'S - (1879-1997). One of the original American five-and-dime stores.
- I. Magnin & Company - was an Oakland, California-based high fashion and specialty goods luxury department store. The chain's flagship Oakland store was located at 20th and Broadway in downtown Oakland next to the Paramount Theatre.
Palm Beach, FL
"More than one hundred years ago, railroad tycoon Henry Morrison Flagler established Palm Beach as a beach resort for his contemporaries, hundred years ago, art maecenas Addison Mizner, together with his friend and financier Paris Singer of the sewing machine dynasty, added the shopping nirvana to it: Worth Avenue - a mini-miracle mile for exclusive, extravagant and sinfully expensive shopping."
- WORTH AVENUE - sometimes referred to as the Rodeo Drive of Florida, is a famous upscale shopping district in Palm Beach. The epitome of Palm Beach style. The avenue's oldest store, Kassatly's, has been in business since 1923. Reflecting the lifestyle of Palm Beach market, the street has approximately 250 high-end shops, boutiques, restaurants, and art galleries, that include Giorgio Armani, Neiman Marcus, Cartier, Louis Vuitton, Tiffany & Co., Tourneau, Hermès, Ralph Lauren, Gucci, Chanel, Vineyard Vines, Brooks Brothers, Hamilton Jewelers, Salvatore Ferragamo, Island Company, Intermix, St. John Boutique (clothing), Valentino, and many more. An open-air mall, 150 Worth (Formerly, The Esplanade), lies at the eastern end of Worth Avenue. 150 Worth offers a variety of upscale shops anchored by department stores Saks Fifth Avenue.
- Wanamaker's - department store. Was the first department store in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and one of the first department stores in the United States. At its zenith in the early 20th century, there were two major Wanamaker department stores, one in Philadelphia and one in New York City at Broadway and Ninth Street. Both employed extremely large staffs. By the end of the 20th century in the shopping-mall era, there were 16 Wanamaker's outlets, but the chain was absorbed into Hecht's (now Macy's) in 1995 after years of change. As of 2012, the occupant of the former Philadelphia Wanamaker's Department Store is Macy's Center City.
San Francisco, CA
- GAP - largest specialty apparel retailer in the U.S with 2,551 stores in the United States.
- Wingtip - 550 Montgomery Street. The ultimate store to find gifts for the Guy who has Everything! Listed as one of the Top 10 Men's Stores in the country by Forbes.com.
- NORDSTROM - founded 1901. Upscale department store chain in the U.S. Operates 112 full-line department stores in 28 different states.
West Hollywood, CA
- FRED SEGAL - upscale and trendy Los Angeles, California based clothing retailer.
- LINDA MCNAIR - fine apparel, shoes, designer bags & jewelry.
- GalerÍas PacÍfico - located at the intersection of Florida Street and Córdoba Avenue. The Beaux Arts building was designed by the architects Emilio Agrelo and Roland Le Vacher in 1889 to accommodate a shop called the Argentine Bon Marché, modelled on the Le Bon Marché in Paris. In 1989 it was declared a national historic monument. Currently the mall houses many high-end stores, such as Polo Ralph Lauren, Christian Lacroix, Christian Dior, Lacoste, Tommy Hilfiger, Hugo Boss, and La Martina, among others.
- HARRODS BUENOS AIRES - founded in 1914. Formerly a branch of Harrods of London.
- DASLU - Avenida Juscelino Kubitschek, 2041, Vila Olimpia & Avenida Magalhães de Castro, 1200, Cidade Jardim. Posh multi-brand boutique-department store known as the "fashion designers mecca" of Brazil as it houses more than 60 labels plus 30 store-in-stores and is the place where Brazilian socialites shop for the latest accessories and clothing.
- IGUATEMI - Avenida Brigadeiro Faria Lima, 2232, Jardim Paulistano. Opened in 1966. The Iguatemi São Paulo shopping centre is the oldest Brazilian mall in operation.
- FALABELLA - the oldest department store in Chile. Falabella department stores can be found in Argentina, Chile, Colombia and Peru. Falabella Department stores sell a wide variety of merchandise including apparel, home furnishings, electronics and sporting goods. Falabella is a multi-channel retailer selling by web, phone, catalog, and television. There are as of 2010 39 locations in Chile, 15 in Peru, 10 in Argentina, and 9 in Colombia.
- 10 CORSO COMO - men's & women's fashion, fragrances, beauty, jewellery, bags, shoes, design, and more.
- A Suitable Wardrobe - "For the Tailored Man." San Francisco Bay area-based publisher and online retailer of classic clothing and accessories for well dressed men. The A Suitable Wardrobe website combines a store that offers a variety of world-class clothing, shoes and accessories, much of it made by hand, with an award-winning online publication about classic men's clothing and style.
- AMAZON.COM'S ONLINE STORE
- AMERICAN RAG COMPAGNIE - "The unique specialty stores located in Los Angeles and Newport Beach, you will find everything you need to live the good life!" Recognized as one of the most innovative and trendsetting retailers in the United States.
- A.P.C. - "Gamine womenswear, cool menswear with a street vibe and fabulous interiors items, from hand-made quilts to delicious candles, are to be found on the site of this preppy Parisian stalwart."
- APOLIS - "Global Citizen." Our business model bridges commerce and sustainable development. A model which we call advocacy through industry."
- ASOS - "The online fashion store." Women's fashion and men's clothing.
- Assembly New York - "Women's & Men's Designer Ready-To-Wear."
- Atterley Road - "Women's Clothing, Dresses & Online Fashion."
- Avenue 32 - since 2011. "Women's Luxury Designer Fashion." We are your luxury e-tailer offering an enviable mix of brand new designers, emerging talents, and established fashion houses – all express delivered to your doorstep, wherever you live.
- BARNEYS NEW YORK - "Luxury Men's & Women's Designer Handbags, Shoes and Clothing."
- BERGDORF GOODMAN - the online shop of the luxury goods department store based on Fifth Avenue in Midtown Manhattan in New York City offering free online shipping.
- BLOOMINGDALE'S - designer dresses, clothes, shoes, handbags, cosmetics, more.
- BLUEFLY - "The ultimate hook-up for the fashion obsessed." Designer clothing, handbags, shoes & accessories (Prada, Fendi, Gucci & more) at discount prices.
- Bona Drag - since 2006. Showcases a tightly curated collection of fashions and collectibles. Our selection of items are chosen according to originality, quality, timelessness, wearability, and spirit. Have a nice outfit.
- BOUTIQUES.COM - "Shop boutiques is a personalized shopping experience, brought to you by Google, that lets you find and discover fashion goods through a collection of boutiques curated by style icons - celebrities, stylists, designers, and fashion bloggers, and you." Designer shoes, dresses, handbags.
- BROWNS FASHION - "London Since 1970." The Finest Edit of Luxury Fashion: Designer clothes, Shoes, Bags and Accessories for Men & Women.
- COLETTE - since 1997. The epicentre of Parisian cool and the only store of its kind in the world. Men & women: clothes, shoes, beauté, handbags, bijoux, jewelry, sunglasses, accessories.
- COUTURE LAB - "The physical and virtual space for the demanding and discerning global clientele." Luxury brands and designers for men and women.
- DAVINCI VARESE - women's accessories, bags, fashion, fragrances, shoes.
- ELEONORA BONUCCI - luxury worldwide shopping.
- ERIC BOMPARD - "Ready to wear cashmere for women, men and children."
- FARFETCH.COM - "Shop The World's Best Boutiques." Online marketplace for independent fashion boutiques globally. We handpick our boutique partners for their forward-thinking taste and unique viewpoint on fashion. You can shop from any boutique within our network and have your order delivered to your door direct from the boutique itself.
- Figleaves - "Luxury Lingerie & Swimwear For Women & Men."
- Gilt - "Members Only Shopping." Gilt provides instant insider access to today’s top designer labels, at up to 70% off retail. Become a member and find something new every day for women, men, kids and home as well as exclusive local services and experiences. Sign in and see what inspires you today.
- GROUPON - "Collective Buying Power." Deal-of-the-day website that is localized to major geographic markets in the United States and Canada. As of October 2010, Groupon serves more than 150 markets in North America and 100 markets in Europe, Asia and South America.
- HARRODS - "Your online luxury destination." Designer clothing, luxury gifts & fashion accessories.
- HENRY BEGUELIN - "The eloquent ideogram that distinguished every Henry Beguelin product has become a full-fledged seal of authenticity, quality and craftsmanship."
- Indochino - since 2006. "Indochino is the leader in custom online menswear. We provide the modern gentleman with high quality menswear that fits your body perfectly. Our quick 10 minute measurement process can be done from the comfort of your own home; no tailor required. All of our products are hand tailored and delivered to any part of the world within 4 weeks. Indochino makes it easy and affordable for customers to get custom tailored menswear for a look that is professional, fashionable and truly sophisticated."
- INTERMIX ONLINE - "Shop Fashion Designers and Trendsetting Styles."
- J.Crew - "Clothes, Shoes & Accessories for Women, Men & Kids."
- Joseph - "Discover the world of luxury retailer and fashion label." Worldwide delivery.
- KIRNA ZABÊTE - "The Latest, the Greatest." The best Fashion designers of today and tomorrow.
- L'Anatra d'Oro Boutique Toscana - "Beauty is in the details. Add a touch of luxury and whimsy to your home interior. You'll find selected elegant-chic decorative objects, handcrafted in Tuscany by skilled italian artisans.Unique and high class accessories and accents for every rooms: from crystalware to handcrafted bronze art, from fine italian home linens to tuscan beauty products and home & office fragrances."
- La GarÇonne - founded in 2005, La Garçonne is an online fashion retailer specializing in the elegantly understated. Headquartered in New York City and serving a global clientele. "Luxury & Emerging Designer Fashion | Women's Designer Ready-to-Wear, Shoes, Bags & Accessories."
- L'ECLAIREUR E-SHOP - proposing a selection of unique designers and offering an original selection of clothes, bags, shoes, accessories, jewelry, art and design objects. Created by utterly iconoclast trend-spotters Martine and Armand Hadida owners of the iconic French L'Éclaireur boutiques in Paris since 1980.
- LEAM - "Luxury Shopping Online."
- Les Nouvelles - "Online boutique featuring a tightly edited of clothing and accessories designed by the editorial darlings of contemporary fashion."
- Liberty - "The famed London store's online offering amounts to a "best of" edit of women's, men's and children's clothing, as well as accessories and jewellery."
- LN-CC - "Huge Range of Brands. Mens & Womenswear." LN-CC is a progressive retail concept comprising of clothing, music & books, combining an evolving online presence with a unique London store space.
- LUISAVIAROMA - "Luxury Shopping, Worldwide Shipping." For over seventy years LUISAVIAROMA has been serving the unique needs of the luxury market in the heart of Florence, Italy with a wide selection from over 400 Designer collections like Dior Homme, Dsquared2, Dolce&Gabbana, Christian Louboutin, Lanvin, Moncler, Marc Jacobs, Chloé and more.
- MATCHES Fashion - "Women's & Men's Luxury Designer Clothing, Shoes & Bags." What's hot, what to wear and when to wear it direct from style insiders: for everything you need to know about the best luxury fashion, as it happens.
- ModCloth - since 2002. "Unique & Cute Clothes, Accessories & Decor." ModCloth is democratizing fashion one indie, vintage, and retro-inspired style at a time! We welcome you to our wonderful world of unique clothing, accessories, handbags, and shoes, where fresh floral patterns and flirty designs flourish, and fun frocks and fabulously flattering swimwear spring into style.
- Moda Operandi - since 2010. "The only place to preorder collections straight from the runway." Enjoy shopping our top designer trunkshows and expertly curated in-season Boutique. Moda Operandi is the first online luxury fashion retailer to allow members to preorder tomorrow's fashion today. For those who just can't wait? M'O also has a boutique of curated, in-season merchandise ready to ship now!
- MR PORTER - since 2011. "The online retail destination for men's style, offering over 300 of the world's leading brands."
- MYBAG.COM - luxury bags & luggage. Worldwide shipping.
- MY-WARDROBE.COM - "The premier destination for everyday luxury designer fashion for men and women. Shop for the latest designer clothes, shoes, dresses, bags and menswear and tune in for daily up-to-the-minute fashion trend reports."
- MYTHERESA.COM - "Luxury Fashion for Women." Germany’s leading online shop, offering fashion savvy customers world wide a well edited selection of today’s top brands and emerging collections, hassle free twenty-four hours a day.
- Nasty Gal - since 2006. "Who is a Nasty Gal? We like to think of her as the coolest girl in the room‚ pulling off whatever wildly unique piece that suits the mood. At Nasty Gal, we are our customer. Because of this, our job is an easy one: inspire and be inspired by cool girls the world over. Our shop is stocked weekly with both handpicked vintage and a highly curated selection of up-and-coming designers, giving you not just what the fashion doctor ordered, but truly unique items that can't be found elsewhere."
- NATHALIE SCHUTERMAN WEBSHOP - men's & women's high-end luxury clothing, shoes, bags, accessories.
- NEIMAN MARCUS - "Designer Apparel, Shoes, Handbags, & Beauty."
- NET-A-PORTER - since 2000. "World's premier online luxury fashion retailer." Designer clothes, shoes, bags and accessories for women.
- NORDSTROM - "Shop from over 500 top brands: designer apparel, shoes, jewelry, cosmetics, fragrances and accessories for women, men and kids."
- OKI-NI - "A curated selection of luxurious contemporary menswear."
- OPENING CEREMONY - since 2002. Multifaceted environment comprised of retail spaces, showroom, and gallery that establishes a new international creative forum. Opening Ceremony brings together emerging American talent with both young and established designers and artists from abroad.
- Oxygen Boutique - offers a really great mix of small boutique labels.
- Pixie Market - "Womens & Juniors Clothing Online. Shop the latest fashion trends: trendy clothes, cute dresses, shoes and fashion accessories."
- PlÜmo - since 1997. "Luxury Women's Clothes." An online boutique that features a mix of easy-to-wear clothes, unusual hand crafted gifts, luxurious home accessories and designer jewellery from all over the world.
- POLYVORE - The New Yorker profiled Polyvore calling it a "fashion democracy" and a "world of virtual Anna Wintours" in March 2010.
- RAFFAELLO NETWORK - since 1998. Designer clothing online store for men, women and kids.
- RUBINACCI SHOP - "Rubinacci and his creations. Directly to you, wherever you are. All in one click." Mens and womens fashion, perfumes and luxury accessories.
- Rue La La - "Up To 70% Off Must-Have Brands." STYLE. DELIVERED DAILY. Rue La La is the destination for the most desired brands at Members–only prices. Each day, we curate Boutiques filled with the best of the best in women's and men's fashion, home, travel, kids, and more.
- SAKS FIFTH AVENUE - "Designer Women's Apparel, Men's Apparel, Shoes & Handbags." International shipping to 91 countries.
- SCOOP NYC - "The iconic New York City boutique for men and women, brings to you a highly edited selection of the season’s best fashion items from both internationally acclaimed and young emerging designers."
- Sephora - "Cosmetics, Beauty Products, Fragrances & Tools." Explore our unrivaled selection of makeup, skin care, fragrance and more from classic and emerging brands.
- SHOEBUY.COM - "The World's Largest Site For Shoes."
- SHOPBOB - "Designer Women's Fashion Brands." The go-to online retail destination for modern style, Shopbop offers a comprehensive, hand-picked collection of apparel and accessories from the industry’s foremost contemporary and designer labels. Since its launch in 2000 as a denim-focused e-commerce platform, Shopbop has grown into one of the world’s leading fashion authorities. Acquired by Amazon.com, Inc. in 2006, the world's largest internet retailer, enabling Shopbop to expand its services to enhance the customer experience.
- SHOPSTYLE - "The online equivalent of browsing the aisles of the world's most fabulous store." Shoes, jewelry, dresses and clothes.
- Shoptiques - since 2012. "1,500 Boutiques. 1,000 Cities." Lets you shop the world's best local boutiques online. In the past, if you lived in Dallas and wanted to shop a small boutique in New York or LA or even Paris, you had to buy a plane ticket. They simply weren't online, and if they were, there was no way to find them. We've brought them online—and created a destination that connects savvy shoppers with hundreds of hand-picked boutiques across the globe."
- STYLEBOP - since 2004. "Luxury fashion online." Your online destination for luxury fashion with over 250 designer names at STYLEBOP.com - from the runway to your wardrobe in just a few clicks!
- THE CORNER - "A Cutting-Edge Selection for Fashion Connoisseurs."
- THE OUTNET - since 2009. "The Most Fashionable Fashion Outlet." Shop discount designer womenswear and accessories from the world's most fashionable fashion outlet. This is where Net-a-Porter sends past seasons' collections, so expect to find huge discounts on ready-to-wear and accessories.
- THE REALREAL - "Authenticated Luxury Consignment Up To 90% Off." The RealReal is the leader in authenticated luxury consignment. We offer the largest selection of pre-owned and authenticated luxury items including men’s and women’s luxury fashion, fine jewelry & watches and fine art. The RealReal sells pieces from designers such as Chanel, Hermès, and Louis Vuitton; jewelry and watches from Cartier, Rolex, and Van Cleef & Arpels.
- TOPSHOP - womens clothing & fashion. International delivery. 300 new styles added each week.
- TRÈS BIEN SHOP - "Often imitated, never duplicated." Carries all the designers of the moment, French, American and Scandinavian.
- TRUSSARDI ONLINE STORE - specialized in clothing and accessories for men and women: Made in Italy.
- VFILES - "Fashion online social networking - connecting, watching, and shopping."
- WINGTIP - "Solutions for the Modern Gentleman. Wingtip is committed to outfitting the modern gentleman with solutions that acknowledge his discerning tastes and busy schedule. Our mission is to edit the world of choices available to our customer in such a way that you can be confident that every purchase is a stylish one."
- Wolf & Badger - "Discover New Designers." The home of independent fashion, unique jewellery and much more.
- YOOX.COM - established in 2000, is the leading virtual store for multi-brand fashion and design in the world. Thanks to long-standing direct relationships with designers, manufacturers and official retailers worldwide, yoox.com offers a never-ending selection of products that are hard-to-find elsewhere, including: an edited range of end-of-season clothing and accessories from the world’s most prestigious designers; exclusive capsule collections; a unique assortment of home design objects and rare vintage finds and art books.
- ZAPPOS.COM - "Founded in 1999 with the goal of becoming the premiere destination for online shoes. Since then, we've become much more than just an online shoe store. Our unwavering focus on superior customer service has allowed us to expand our online offerings to include handbags, clothing and so much more!"