Top 15 Most Prestigious High-End Automobile Clubs
AUTOMOBILE ASSOCIATIONS, also referred to as motoring clubs, motoring associations, motor clubs, are organizations, either for-profit or non-profit, which motorists (drivers and vehicle owners) can join to enjoy benefits provided by the club relating to driving a vehicle. There is typically an annual membership fee to join. A membership identification card, valid for the time period of membership paid, is typically issued to the member.
A CAR CLUB or automotive enthusiast community is a group of people who share a common interest in motor vehicles. Car clubs are typically organized by enthusiasts around the type of vehicle (e.g. Chevrolet Corvette, Ford Mustang), brand (e.g. Jeep), or similar interest (e.g. off-roading). Traditional car clubs were off-line organizations, but automotive on-line communities have flourished on the internet.
Car clubs have been a form of gathering car aficionados for many years that focus a passion for a certain type of car or driving activity. Historically, car clubs refer to off-line entities, typically organized as non-profits and run by volunteers (who were most often elected). Some clubs were large enough to be run as a paid business with salaried employees; in the 1960s, some were sponsored by car dealers. Many car clubs charge membership fees in exchange for benefits, such as publications and events. The publications typically contain photographs, messages from other members, service and parts advice, items and vehicles wanted and/or for sale, and historical material of interest to the membership. Car clubs often host gatherings (called "meets") which often also welcome interested non-members. Car clubs also may engage in other activities of various types, including races, cruising, shows, "mod" days when garage equipment and service tools are available for members to perform and assist each other with DIY work, or community service activities. Meets are basically a time for the club to hang out with one another and to talk about cars and do normal stuff, such as bowling, eating, movies, etc.
Automobile Club News, Reviews & Resources
- AAA - founded 1902. Formerly the American Automobile Association, is a federation of motor clubs throughout North America. AAA is a not-for-profit member service organization; in 2010, it had 51 million members. AAA provides services to its members, including roadside assistance and others. Its national headquarters are in Heathrow, Florida.
- ADAC | ALLGEMEINER DEUTSCHER AUTOMOBIL-CLUB - founded in 1903. The German national auto club. With more than 18 million members in May 2012, it is the largest automobile club in Europe. It is also the largest motorcyclist association in the world, with 1.5 million members.
- Automobile Club d'Italia | ACI - founded in 1927. Non-economic, self-financed statutory corporation of the Republic of Italy with the task of promoting and regulating the car sector and to represent car owners' interests in the country.
- AUTOMOBILE CLUB DE MONACO | ACM - founded in 1890. The Monegasque national auto club.
- Automobile Club of France | ACF - founded in 1895. Exclusive private men's club. The oldest automobile club in the world.
- CLASSIC CAR CLUB LONDON - founded in 1995. "The world famous private club that gives its members the keys to a fleet of the most amazing cars ever built, from Ferraris and Aston Martins to American muscle and modern racers. Membership is as rare as it is privileged with clubrooms around the world. We were the first, we'll always be the best." Clubs in the following locations: Copenhagen, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Lithuania, London and Manhattan.
- CLASSIC CAR CLUB MANHATTAN- "The world famous private club that gives its members the keys to a fleet of the most amazing cars ever built, from Ferraris and Aston Martins to American muscle ..."
- Club Sportiva - since 2003. "Club Sportiva brings you the ultimate driving experience - all the pleasures & thrills of driving an exotic or luxury car without the complications of ownership. You can drive a day rental, join a Exotic Car Tour, participate in a car share program, or join our club!"
- Lou La Vie Members Club - since 2010. The premier exotic car rental agency in Miami. Providing only pinnacle automobiles for celebrities, professional athletes, enthusiasts, CEOs: the newest models and best pricing on select Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche and Bentley luxury/exotic automobiles.
- P1 Supercar Life - since 2000. "Where design, performance and luxury converge." P1 Supercar Life is the pinnacle of active ownership for discerning supercar owners. Born from a desire to experience the finest supercars as they were intended, the P1 Supercar Life exists to celebrate world-class supercars on the track and on the road, not as museum pieces. The clubís ethos is built around the art of driving, and the amazing experiences that only a genuine supercar can bring to its owners.
- ROYAL AUTOMOBILE CLUB - "The Club was founded in 1897 by motoring pioneers and has two magnificent clubhouses, in London and Epsom. We offer first-class facilities and a busy programme of sports, events and other activities to our members and their families." Today the Royal Automobile Club is one of Londonís finest private members' clubs, combining over 100 years of luxury and tradition with exceptional facilities and outstanding service. Members enjoy unlimited access to two superb clubhouses; the Pall Mall clubhouse, in the very heart of London, contains a unique range of accommodation, dining and sporting facilities, including what is arguably the finest swimming pool in London. Not to be confused with RAC, an automotive services company, which it formerly owned.
- Royal Automobile Club of Australia - founded in 1903. Australian motoring organisation, which has also incorporated the Australian Imperial Services Club since 1987.
- St. Moritz Automobile Club | SMAC - founded in 2006. "Offers you an exclusive and elegant platform to enjoy your love for exceptional automobiles and life-style, and to share them with a select group of international and influential aficionados. The most exclusive supercars global network."
- The Thermal Club - since 2012. "The Ultimate Motorsport Club and Resort Community." An all-inclusive private destination for the distinguished motorsport enthusiast.
- VINTAGE SPORTS-CAR CLUB - founded in 1934 to promote the sport and pastime of motoring, principally for cars built before 1931.