Top 25 Best (Custom) Wine Cellar & Storage Suppliers
"Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy." - Benjamin Franklin.
"A man, fallen on hard times, sold his art collection but kept his wine cellar. When asked why he did not sell his wine, he said, 'A man can live without art, but not without culture.'" - Anonymous.
STORAGE is an important consideration for wine that is being kept for long-term aging. While most wine is consumed within 24 hours of purchase, fine wines are often set aside for long-term storage. Wine is one of the few commodities that can improve with age but it can also rapidly deteriorate if kept in inadequate conditions. The three factors that have the most direct impact on a wine's condition are light, humidity and temperature. A fourth consideration is security for expensive wines. Historically the storage of wine was handled by wine merchants but since the mid-20th century consumers have been increasingly storing their own wine in home-based wine cellars.
A WINE CELLAR is a storage room for wine in bottles or barrels, or more rarely in carboys, amphorae or plastic containers. In an active wine cellar, important factors such as temperature and humidity are maintained by a climate control system. In contrast, passive wine cellars are not climate-controlled, and are usually built underground to reduce temperature swings. An aboveground wine cellar is often called a wine room, while a small wine cellar (less than 500 bottles) is sometimes termed a wine closet. The household department responsible for the storage, care and service of wine in a great mediaeval house was termed the buttery. Large wine cellars date back over 3700 years.
Wine cellars protect alcoholic beverages from potentially harmful external influences, providing darkness and a constant temperature. Wine is a natural, perishable food product. Left exposed to heat, light, vibration or fluctuations in temperature and humidity, all types of wine can spoil. When properly stored, wines not only maintain their quality but many actually improve in aroma, flavor, and complexity as they mature.
Wine can be stored satisfactorily between 7–18 °C (45–64 °F) as long as any variations are gradual. A temperature of 13 °C (55 °F), much like that found in the caves used to store wine in France, is ideal for both short-term storage and long-term aging of wine. Note that wine generally matures differently and more slowly at a lower temperature than it does at a higher temperature. When the temperature swings are significant, 14 degrees or more, it will cause the wine to breathe through the cork which significantly speeds up the aging process. Between 10–14 °C (50–57 °F), wines will age normally.
Wine Cellar & Storage Maker News, Reviews & Resources
- £2 billion wine bunker - "Disused WWII munitions dump under Wiltshire fields is used to store investors' pricey vintages."
- 9 Best Wine Coolers & Fridges, According to Sommeliers & Winemakers - New York Magazine.
- 45,725 Wine Cellar Design Photos - since 2009. "For avid wine collectors, there comes a point when a collection calls for more than your average wine rack. In such cases, graduating to a full home wine cellar provides an abundance of storage as well as an interesting way to entertain friends. Whether you're storing a dozen bottles, or a hundred, wine cellars range from small fridges to walk-in coolers, so consider the following tips before diving head first into any new wine cellar design."
- CELLAR TRACKER - since 2003. "Wine Reviews & Cellar Management Tools."
- Here's Why You Should Think Twice Before Refrigerating Your Champagne - HuffPost Life.
- HOW TO CREATE A MODEST WINE CELLAR ON A BUDGET - Matching Food & Wine.
- LETTS WINE CELLAR & LABEL BOOK - includes an introduction to wine collecting, vocabulary, food & region guide, wine score sheets, cellar record pages and varietal tasting notes.
- Lorenzi Milano - since 1929. "Bottle openers and corkscrews of high precision and differentiated mechanisms, with handles and details in deer horn, mother of pearl, bamboo, zebu, antelope and warthog skin. Sets complete in every detail for professional wine tasting, placed in leather cases. Champagne travels in calfskin boxes complete with flutes and coolers. A theory of items, ideal gifts for professionals or amateurs, that add value to the ritual. And there is even a Lorenzi Milano travel kit for a clientele of sophisticated happy few, that helps keep the wine cool."
- STORAGE OF WINE - Wikipedia.
- Top 12 Best Large Wine Fridges & Coolers (2019 Review) - Love Craft Wines.
- WINE CELLAR - Wikipedia.
- WINE PACKAGING AND CELLAR - Wikipedia.
- Wine Storage Cabinet Reviews - Wine Turtle.
- WINE STORAGE DESIGNS - Lyla Blue (Pinterest).
Top 25 Best (Custom) Wine Cellar & Storage Suppliers
- Amazon Wine Cellars - "Welcome to the Wine Cellars Store, where you'll find great prices on a wide range of different wine cellars for your home." Built-In Wine Cellars; Freestanding Wine Cellars; Wine Cellar Cooling Systems.
- APEX WINE CELLARS - since 1985. "Custom Wine Cellars."
- Avanti 12 Bottle Thermoelectric Counter Top Wine Cooler - Best Coutertop Wine Cooler.
- Bosch - "Every wine is different. To be sure every bottle is stored at the right temperature, our wine coolers come with individually adjusted zones and electronic temperature control. With space for up to 197 bottles, you can rely on maximum drinking enjoyment."
- BUBEN & ZÖRWEG - since 1995. "Real Values Stored in Befitting Security..."
- CAPLE - since 1995. "Now you’re talking. This is lifestyle kitchen at its best and most fun. However, while a dedicated space for wine may seem wonderfully decadent, it has a vital role to play. Wine is fussy about how it’s housed, and will be at its drinking best if it’s been properly looked after. Caple’s wine cabinets ensure your wine is kept at the optimum temperature and humidity, with UV-proof glass, the right level of air circulation and low-vibration technology (so the wine isn’t disturbed until you’re ready to pour it). Learn more about Caple’s wine cabinets."
- Copenhagen Joinery - since 2006. "Handmade Furniture."
- EdgeStar 36 Bottle Built-In Dual Zone French Door Wine Cooler - Quietest Wine Refrigerator.
- EuroCave - since 1976. "Wine cabinet. Cellar conditionner. Cellar layout." EuroCave offers long term, premium solutions for wine preservation and service that respect the wine maker’s intentions and enable faithful communication of these same intentions to demanding and discerning consumers. EuroCave has become the world’s gold-standard for maturing and serving wine.
- GAGGENAU - since 1683. "Wine storage units to keep your wine perfect." Your wine needs to be stored, protected, showcased and prepared for enjoyment. These are competing functions that your wine storage unit, equal to a wine cellar, achieves year after year with unflappable aplomb. For serious wine aficionados, wine is a passion bordering on obsession, equaled only by the desire for the ultimate in storage.
- HOTPOINT - since 1911. Wine Cooler Fridge.
- Kalamera 15-inch Wine Cooler - 30 Bottle Built-in or Freestanding with Stainless Steel & Double-Layer Tempered Glass Door and Temperature Memory Function.
- LIEBHERR - since 1954. "Dream conditions for fine wines." A wine’s temperature determines its flavour, and hence affects enjoyment. To prevent factors such as temperature, humidity and light influencing the wine's quality, Liebherr wine cabinets offer perfect, protective storage conditions. Interior humidity levels are high and innovative technologies ensure protection against UV light and vibrations. In addition, the temperature can be adjusted according to whether the wine is to be enjoyed in the near future or whether it is to be stored longer-term.
- MIELE - since 1899. "The quality is in the storage." A perfect wine made by master winemakers deserves the perfect space to unfold. Discover under which conditions a great wine matures - and how to unfold its full potential at home. Miele wine fridges.
- MONOGRAM - since 1905. "Whether you’re entertaining or relaxing, Monogram wine reserves and beverage centers fit right in. Enjoy quick access to cold drinks and favorite wines, even when space is limited. Monogram wine reserves and beverage centers offer abundant capacity and versatility, yet fit the same opening as a standard dishwasher."
- Octavian Vaults - since 1989. "Fine Wine Storage." Octavian's premium cellarage services provide a peerless storage environment, offering everything your fine wine needs when laid down to mature - making it safer, finer and ultimately worth more. 10,000 private collectors, investors and wine merchants from 39 countries choose investment grade storage for their collections at our Corsham Cellars, some 100 feet below the Wiltshire Hills, U.K.
- Phiestina 24 Inch Built In Dual Zone Wine & Beverage Cooler with French Door - "Showcase your collections: With tempered glass french door, cool blue LED lighting, adjustable shelves, the cooler will add style to your kitchen."
- Rosendahl WINETUBE WINE RACK - since 1994. "The Winetube wine rack has been designed for a simple look that lets your wine collection come into its own on the wall. The wine rack holds up to 12 bottles. Hang the rack in the kitchen to ensure you always have a good bottle of wine at your fingertips."
- Smallbone of Devizes - since 1979. "Smallbone of Devizes is a global purveyor of bespoke fitted cabinetry from the rich context of British craft. For decades its craftsmen have evolved a deeply diverse portfolio of immaculately executed custom-made furniture for individual spaces." Wine rooms & storage.
- Spiral Cellars - since 1981. "Wine Cellars Less Ordinary." We’re passionate about giving you the perfect cellar experience. With 35 years of knowledge and expertise under our belts, we have created more than 3,800 luxury wine cellars in the UK alone and numerous others across the globe. Our portfolio of cellaring options is unrivalled, including bespoke walk-in wine rooms, state of the art wine walls, elegant wine cabinets and of course, our eponymous underground Spiral Cellars.
- SUB-ZERO Wolf - since 1945. "Sub-Zero wine storage units are more than just coolers; they are guardians against heat, humidity, vibration, and light—the four enemies that can rob wine of its complexity, character, and taste."
- VEUVE CLICQUOT REFRIGERATORS BY SMEG - DESIGN & INNOVATION - since 1948. "Smeg launches a new line of colourful fridges in partnership with Veuve Clicquot to celebrate the French Maison's 250th anniversary. 13 years after the first historic collaboration between Smeg and Veuve Clicquot in 2009, the two brands are back with a new special edition partnership to celebrate the first 250 years of the French Maison."
- VIKING - since 1987. "The Professional full-height wine cellar provides horizontal storage for up to 150 bottles of your favorite vintages. The exclusive TriTemp Storage System features three separate temperature zones to preserve different types of wine at their optimum serving temperatures. Full-width shelves pull out for easy access to standard, magnum, and half-size bottles."
- Vin de Garde - since 1959. "Our sommelier-designed wine cellars provide connoisseurs around the world with the opportunity to store their collections beautifully and efficiently, eliminating the boundaries between proper wine storage environments and contemporary design aesthetics." Wine cellars, custom cellars, cooling units, wineracks.
- VINOTEMP - since 1985. Full-service manufacturer of custom wood wine cabinets and racking. Wine cellars, wine cabinets, wine coolers, beverage coolers, wine racks, wine cooling units, wine accessories, and other appliances. Since 1985, we have sold over 1,000,000 wine cellars in the U.S. and overseas.
- Vintage View - since 2001. "Moving Wine Storage Forward." VintageView is a modern, innovative metal wine storage system designed to display wine bottles label-forward, making it easy to showcase collections and find the perfect bottle of wine for any occasion. Metal wine racks (wall mounted); Acrylic wine racks (freestanding and wall mounted (Floor-to-ceiling); Framing Systems (floating wine walls); Custom Wine Storage Solutions.
- WINE CELLAR INNOVATIONS - since 1984. "The sky is the limit with our custom wine cellar racks that highlight your personal style. From a variety of living spaces, we can create a modern wine cellar or traditional storage in a variety of mediums from wood, metal, or even acrylic. In 2019, many popular trends have continued over the years but we love some of our modern glass wine cellar examples and the minimalistic whitewash or graywash stains with tasteful decor. Glass or acrylic are highly attractive materials to work with since it can amplify the inherent beauty of other elements. When mixing it up with wood, metal, or other pieces, you can conjure so many stunning combinations. Contact us to create a free design for you today." Wine racks, wine cellars, custom wine cellars, wine cellar doors, commercial wine racks, commercial wine displays, wine refrigeration, wine cooling units, wine art, wine cellar interior furnishings.
- WINE HARDWARE - since 1973. "You've got the wine, we've got the hardware." Whatever your budget, whatever the size of your collection, Wine Hardware carries the very best in refrigerated wine cellars and cabinets. Wine Hardware is dedicated to providing our customers with the finest wine storage solutions available. We specialize in custom wine cellars, wine racks, wine storage cabinets and a wide range of accessories: corkscrews, glassware, books, etc.