Top 30 Best Wealth Management Firms and Managers
WEALTH MANAGEMENT as an investment-advisory discipline incorporates financial planning, investment portfolio management and a number of aggregated financial services. High-net-worth individuals (HNWIs), small-business owners and families who desire the assistance of a credentialed financial advisory specialist call upon wealth managers to coordinate retail banking, estate planning, legal resources, tax professionals and investment management. Wealth managers can have backgrounds as independent Chartered Financial Consultants, Certified Financial Planners or Chartered Financial Analysts (in the USA), Chartered Strategic Wealth Professionals (in Canada), Chartered Financial Planners (in the UK), or any credentialed (such as MBA) professional money managers who work to enhance the income, growth and tax-favored treatment of long-term investors. One must already have accumulated some amount of wealth for wealth management strategies to be effective. Historically the entry bar was high, however recently due to innovations such as exchange-traded funds, increased transparency in product design and more and more investors managing their own investments, this entry bar is coming down. However, several firms offer this service to minimum investments of $1M down to £100K.
Wealth Management News, Reviews & Resources
- 7 Rules For A Wealthy Retirement - "As you enter the home stretch of your career, you may be paying professionals large sums for retirement guidance. Maybe you don’t have to do that. This 7-part series on wealth will give you the tools to make a lot more financial decisions on your own."
- 2017 list of world's top-earning hedge fund managers - Institutional Investor's Alpha.
- BEWARE OF ROBOADVISORS BEARING LOW FEES - Wired.
- Dynasty trust - trust designed to avoid or minimize estate taxes being applied to great family wealth with each transfer to subsequent generations. By holding assets in the trust and making well-defined distributions to each generation, the entire wealth of the trust is not subject to estate taxes with the passage of each generation.
- Family Office - private wealth management advisory firms that serve ultra-high net worth investors.
- FINANCIAL NEWS - asset management: latest headlines, top news.
- How Much Money Do You Need To Be Wealthy? - Fidelity Investments survey.
- How to hide it: inside secret world of wealth managers - The Guardian.
- How To Win Against Coronavirus: Wealth Managers Take Their Positions - "In the midst of sending employees home following outbreaks of coronavirus, banks and wealth managers are frantically rearranging clients' portfolios as COVID-19 hits markets worldwide. Here's how they are protecting, if not profiting from coronavirus."
- Inside Wealth-Conference Con Man Anthony Ritossa’s Wild Web of Lies - A Vanity Fair investigation reveals that a self-styled knight and purported Nobel Prize nominee is actually a Wall Street washout, a deadbeat dad, and a con artist, repeatedly jailed by European authorities.
- Journal of Investment Management (JOIM) - since 2003. "Bridging the theory & practice of investment management." Quarterly refereed journal which seeks to be a nexus of theory and practice of investment management.
- List of asset management firms - Wikipedia.
- Luxury Investments Around the World Compared - infographic - "Do you enjoy the finer things in life? For many of the world’s wealthy individuals, acquiring luxury goods such as art, fine wine, and watches is a passion. Unlike traditional investments in financial assets, luxury goods can be difficult to value if one does not have an appreciation for their form. A rare painting, for example, does not generate cash flows, meaning its value is truly in the eye of the beholder. To gain some insight into the market for luxury goods, this infographic takes data from Knight Frank’s 2021 Wealth Report to compare the preferences of nine global regions."
- Meet The Investor Who Is Up 62% Amid The Coronavirus Chaos - "With global financial markets erupting in a panic that rekindles memories of the financial crisis era, some traders who were on the frontlines of the credit bust are now enjoying a renaissance."
- PAM AWARDS | PRIVATE ASSET MANAGEMENT AWARDS - the highest regarded awards in the UK wealth management sector.
- The only man Elon trusts to look after his $240 billions - "Secretive friend who runs Musk's family office controls his wealth - but also helped him investigate 'pedo guy' and was fired by Merrill Lynch. Jared Birchall, aged 47 or 48, is head of Elon Musk's 'family office' - the asset management firm to handle his finances."
- This new firm will count the Queen & the Forbes media family as clients - "FWM Holdings, the parent company of the Forbes Family Trust, and Stanhope Capital, which advises the Queen on her £538 million ($718.7 million) private investment portfolio, announced plans to merge on Tuesday. The deal will create one of the world's largest independent wealth management firms with assets of more than $24 billion, including in private equity holdings, real estate and hedge funds, the companies said in a statement."
- Top 100 Wealth Managers - Forbes.
- TOP-RATED WEALTH MANAGEMENT FIRMS - CNBC.
- WEALTH BRIEFING - private banking news and wealth management news and features.
- WEALTH MANAGEMENT - Wikipedia.
- WORLD WEALTH REPORT 2014 - Capgemini and Merrill Lynch.
Top 30 High-End Wealth Management Firms & Managers
- AKSIA - "Your Performance Is Our Focus."
- BANK OF AMERICA - world's largest wealth manager.
- BARCLAYS WEALTH - "Wealth and Investment Management."
- BERKSHIRE HATHAWAY - Berkshire Hathaway averaged an annual growth in book value of 19.7% to its shareholders for the last 49 years (compared to 9.8% from the S&P 500 with dividends included for the same period), while employing large amounts of capital, and minimal debt.
- BOYAR ASSET MANAGEMENT - since 1975.
- BREVAN HOWARD - global alternative asset manager.
- Commerzbank - since 1870. "International Wealth Management."
- Coutts - since 1692. "With a reputation for managing the financial needs of exceptional people, Coutts unique approach to wealth management centres on objective and pertinent advice, driven by intelligent and trusted relationships. Expert at navigating the complexities of today’s financial world, we ensure your wealth works for you."
- CREDIT SUISSE ASSET MANAGEMENT
- EDMOND DE ROTHSCHILD - wealth management.
- FERI INSTITUTIONAL ADVISORS
- GAMCO INVESTORS, INC.
- Geneva Swiss Bank - asset management.
- GOLDMAN SACHS - "Private Wealth Management."
- JP MORGAN WEALTH MANAGEMENT
- JULIUS BÄr - founded 1890. The largest dedicated wealth manager in Switzerland.
- LAZARD - "Lazard has a world class asset management business with services to meet a wide array of client needs. We provide advice, manage investment portfolios and funds, and offer wealth management services around the world."
- MERRILL LYNCH wealth management
- MEYADO - "Private Wealth Management."
- MIRABAUD - private wealth management.
- MIRAE ASSET GLOBAL INVESTMENTS (UK)
- Morgan Stanley - since 1935. "A Culture of Investment Excellence."
- PARTNERS CAPITAL - leading private investment office based in London, Boston and Hong Kong, serving investment professionals, endowments, foundations and high net-worth families globally.
- PIMCO - "Your Global Investment Authority."
- Relative Solutions - supports high net worth families managing wealth through generations addressing family governance, strategic planning, philanthropy, etc.
- ROCKEFELLER & CO. - "Wealth Advisory."
- SOCIÉTÉ GÉNÉRALE WEALTH MANAGEMENT - "Your Partner in Private Wealth Management."
- SCORPIO PARTNERSHIP - "What Wealth Neeeds Next." Also publishers of the Mobile Wealthy Residency Index (MWRI).
- STONEHAGE - leading Multi Family Office and trusted adviser to international ultra-high-net-worth families.
- UBS WEALTH MANAGEMENT - offers high net worth and affluent individuals around the world a complete range of tailored advice and investment services.
- WEISS ASSET MANAGEMENT - asset management firm located in Boston, MA, U.S.A.