Top 15 Best High-End Crowdfunding Services & Sites
CROWDFUNDING is the practice of funding a project or venture by raising monetary contributions from a large number of people, typically via the internet. Crowdfunding is a form of alternative finance, which has emerged outside of the traditional financial system.
The crowdfunding model is based on three types of actors: the project initiator who proposes the idea and/or project to be funded; individuals or groups who support the idea; and a moderating organization (the "platform") that brings the parties together to launch the idea.
In 2015, it was estimated that worldwide over US$34 billion was raised this way.
An ANGEL INVESTOR (also known as a business angel, informal investor, angel funder, private investor, or seed investor) is an affluent individual who provides capital for a business start-up, usually in exchange for convertible debt or ownership equity. Angel investors usually give support to start-ups at the initial moments (where risks of the start-ups failing are relatively high) and when most investors are not prepared to back them. A small but increasing number of angel investors invest online through equity crowdfunding or organize themselves into angel groups or angel networks to share investment capital, as well as to provide advice to their portfolio companies. In the last 50 years the number of angel investors has greatly increased.
Crowdfunding News, Reviews & Resources
- A New Crowdsourcing App Hopes to Serve as the 'green book' for LGBTQ people of color - TIME Magazine.
- Angel investor - Wikipedia.
- Comparison of crowdfunding services - Wikipedia.
- Crowdfunding - Wikipedia.
- Donation - Wikipedia.
- Equity crowdfunding - Wikipedia.
- Freedom Convoy: GoFundMe seizes funds of Canada 'occupation' - "GoFundMe says it will withhold millions of dollars raised for Canadian truckers protesting against vaccine mandates, citing police reports of violence."
- Fundageek - (2011-2013). Was a crowd funding resource designed for funding project involving technology, scientific research, inventions and community support.
- Fundraising - Wikipedia.
- Got a grand for my cat's gap year? The unstoppable rise of 'I want' crowdfunding - "Forget sponsoring Bob in accounts to run a charity marathon: these days you can ask anyone for anything."
- How To Fundraise In A Pandemic - And In Every Environment - "Covid-19 has changed fundraising in the world of tech start-ups, just as it has every other aspect of business. Yet ironically, the pandemic has accelerated the venture process, rather than slow it down."
- Omaze - since 2012. "Dream Big! You could be next! Enter for Your Chance to Win." Omaze Offers Dream-Come-True Experiences Online That Anyone Has the Chance to Win. Thanks To You, Omaze Has Given Over $100 Million To Charity! Fun & Easy Giving. Incredible Causes. Support Charity. Find Your Winning Moment. American for-profit fundraising company which partners with charities in fundraising events. Omaze's events feature prizes, such as material goods, property, or celebrity experiences, usually with one grand prize and several lesser prizes. In order to enter the draw for the prizes, financial contributions are encouraged, with 80% of the money going to the partner charity and Omaze receiving 20%.
- Top 20 crowdfunding platforms of 2019 - GoDaddy Blog.
- What Happened to Pledgie.com? - Fundraise.net.
Top 15 Best High-End Crowdfunding Services
- ArtistShare - since 2003. "Where the fans make it happen!" ArtistShare launched in 2003 as the Internet's first fan-funding (referred to today as "crowdfunding") platform for creative artists. Over the years we continue to be a leading creative project service for entrepreneurial artists. ArtistShare connects artists with fans in order to share the beauty of the creative process and ensure the creation of new artistic works.
- Crowdrise - since 2010. "CrowdRise is about giving back, raising lots of money for great causes, and having the most fun in the world while doing it." Raise money for over 1.5 million charities with personal fundraisers, events, races and corporate philanthropy. CrowdRise is the world’s largest and fastest-growing fundraising platform dedicated exclusively to charitable giving. CrowdRise is used by millions of individuals to raise money for their favorite charities and causes. Our nonprofit customers raise more money online with less effort. Proven to increase event participation and awareness of your cause.
- EquityNet - since 2005. "Leading Business Crowdfunding PLatform." Share your business vision with investors.
Show them that you're ready to grow revenues and take market share. Maximize your funding success.
- Fundly - since 2009. "Raise Money For Anything." Fundly is fast, easy and has no raise requirements.
- FundRazr - since 2009. "Powerful. Practical. Proven." FundRazr makes online fundraising EASY and FAST.
- GiveForward - since 2008. "We're excited to announce that
GiveForward is now part of GoFundMe, the largest and most trusted free fundraising platform. Join the millions who've raised over $5 billion for their causes."
- GoFundMe - since 2010. "Fundraising for the people and causes you care about." The World's #1 Personal Fundraising Websites. Over 10,000 people start a GoFundMe every day.
- Indiegogo - since 2008. "The World’s Crowdfunding Engine." Crowdfund innovations & support entrepreneurs. As the largest global fundraising site, we help individuals, businesses, and non-profits raise money online. Aways moving forward, Indiegogo is the place to discover new and emerging tech, design and innovation - before it goes mainstream.
- Kickstarter - since 2009. "Our mission is to bring creative projects to life." Discover the best and brightest projects on Kickstarter. 10 years. 16 million backers and creators. 160,000 creative projects. And this is just the beginning.
- MicroVentures - "Invest in Startups." Connecting Angel Investors & Startups. Founded in 2009, MicroVentures built a platform that gives both accredited and non-accredited investors access to invest in startups. Over $200M has been raised on our platform to date.
- mightycause - since 2006. "Nonprofit Fundraising Made Easy." Mightycause is a new way to donate and raise money online. Donors can find inspiring giving opportunities or donate to any registered US charity. Charities and fundraisers raise money through our story pages. Mighty tools for mighty fundraising. Mightycause is a fun, easy-to-use fundraising site for nonprofits and personal causes. Join the next generation of fundraising and see why more than $500 million has been raised on Mightycause’s platform. A searchable giving directory of more than 1 million nonprofits in the US.
- Patreon - since 2013. "Create on your own terms." Start a membership business to develop a direct relationship with your biggest fans and generate predictable, recurring revenue from your creative work. Patreon is a membership platform that provides artists and creators with the tools needed to showcase their work, build relationships with their patrons, and make a sustainable income.
- Plumfund - since 2006. "Giving feels good." Free online crowdfunding for the people we love." Plumfund.com is a simple, low-cost crowdfunding platform that allows anyone to raise money for anything. There is no vetting; anyone can setup a campaign. There are no tilting, funding or goal requirements.
- SeedInvest - since 2011. "Startup Investing, Simplified." SeedInvest is a leading equity crowdfunding platform, opening up access to venture capital and angel investing to everyone. Join 250,000+ people who already use SeedInvest to find startup investment opportunities.
- YouCaring - since 2011. "The Leader in Free Online Fundraising." The pioneer in free online fundraising and home of the largest charitible crowdfunding campaign in history. Today GoFundMe has consolidated GiveForward, Generosity, and YouCaring to create the largest and most trusted free crowdfunding platform.