World's Top 20 High-End City Passes & Travel Cards
A TRAVEL CARD is a ticket usable on more than one journey, route or mode of public transport within a specific area using bulk or discounted payment; some systems only cover travel by disabled or elderly people. Their validity is generally for a fixed period from the time of issue, such as to the end of the day or for longer periods up to one year.
City Passes & Travel Card News, Reviews & Resources
- City Pass Guide - "The City Pass and City Card in Europe." Without a doubt, Europe has more city cards and city passes to offer than all the world's other regions put together, yet most of these are only available in the western regions heading west from Germany and Italy. As you will see from the links below, there is a good number of City Pass and City Card locations available in Europe, and we are always trying to find more, to offer the widest possible selection.
- CityPASS - launched in 1997. "CityPASS saves you up to 50% on admission to the very best attractions in 12 North Amercian cities and up to 30% on admission to Southern California's top theme parks, including Disneyland. Plus, you'll skip many main ticket lines using CityPASS. " Available in 12 North American destinations: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, New York, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Seattle, Southern California, Tampa Bay and Toronto.
- Go City - "Save on combined admission to top attractions in over 20 cities for one low price with a Go City pass." Visit NYC, San Diego, LA, Chicago, Boston, DC, Vegas, & More! Save up to 65% Today. Pick from 20 cities: Boston, Cancun, Chicago, Dubai, Las Vegas, London, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Oahu, Orlando, Philadelphia, New Orleans, Rome, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, Shanghai, Sydney, and Washington DC. Pay Nothing at the Gate. Convenient & Easy To Use. Great for Families. Your Pass to the City. Digital Delivery. Trusted by 1MM Customers.
- European City Card discounts - since 2006. "Save on City Cards all over Europe with Eurail." Spend less, see more on your European city trips. Traveling with a Eurail Pass gives you fantastic discounts on carefully selected European City Cards. These City Cards save you precious travel money on 700+ attractions, accommodation, transportation, WiFi, as well as giving you FREE entry to a range of tours and activities.
- Hillary Clinton’s MetroCard Adventure: Swipe. Wince. Repeat - The New York Times.
- The cities with the most expensive public transport in the world - The Independent.
- Tourist Pass - "Your Guide to Pay-One-Price Attractions Passes all over the world." Tourist Passes allows you to experience an extensive range of the region’s most popular sites and attractions at a discounted rate. Essentially you pay one price for entrance to all the attractions and tours listed. In addition you get a few more perks such as a free guidebook and skipping the lines at some of the major sights (think about the huge lines in the summer). For most people, buying a tourist pass is about saving money. You can purchase these passes in your destination but you usually pay full price. Buying them beforehand usually results in some kind of savings (on top of what you would save on paying for each attraction separately).
- Travel card - Wikipedia.
- We Love City Cards! - since 2007. "A new platform for City Cards across Europe: We Love City Cards!" Through the European Cities Marketing network, 43 cities from 23 countries launched a new common brand to market their City Cards: We Love City Cards!
- You can get unlimited summer travel for $9.50 in this European country - "Pack your bags, because the most affordable travel destination this summer, if we're going by transport, appears to be Germany. The German government has today approved the creation of a 9 ($9.50) monthly public transport ticket. It will be launched in June - just in time for a summer trip. The card can be used across the entire country, on local and regional transport - trains, buses and trams."
Top 20 City Passes & Travel Cards
- AMSTERDAM pass - "The complete Amsterdam sightseeing pass. Free entry to 45+ top Amsterdam attractions, landmarks and tours - save time and money while discovering with The Amsterdam Pass."
- BERLIN WELCOME CARD - "Berlin's official tourist ticket." Berlin WelcomeCard welcomes you to the capital of Germany! The card will be your trustworthy companion during your stay in Berlin. With its multiple offers and benefits, it will facilitate your travel in Berlin and let you enjoy a wide range of activities throughout the streets of the city. Not only does it give you access to public transportation, but also offers discounts at more than 200 venues. Whether you're visiting the Television Tower, enjoying your Sunday at Mauerpark, or having a peaceful day at one of the many other parks of the city, Berlin WelcomeCard lets you make plans easily and step into action!
- Bordeaux City Pass - "All Bordeaux in one card. Discover more, spend less." Unlimited access to tram, bus, river shuttle; 20 museums and monuments; 1 guided tour; Many discounts on cruises, wine tours and more.
- Copenhagen Card - "Make the most out of Denmark’s vibrant capital with a money saving Copenhagen Card." 87 attractions and museums included; Free transport in Copenhagen region; Save money, time and hassle.
- Dublin Pass - "See More, Save More." The Dublin Pass is a sightseeing package which grants visitors free entry to over 30 top attractions, museums and monuments in Dublin, as well as a free 24 Hour hop on hop off bus tour. With other benefits like Fast Track Entry included, it’s the best way to explore Dublin, saving both time and money.
- English Heritage Overseas Visitor Pass - "Castles, abbeys, Roman ruins and prehistoric monuments; an English Heritage Pass entitles unlimited access to more than 100 of the most important places in English history, plus entry to special events. Visit only three of the possibilities and the pass will pay for itself!"
- Firenze card - "Enjoy the art / Enjoy the city." Firenzecard is the official museum pass of City of Florence. The card costs 85, it is valid for 72 hours starting from the first entrance and it allows you to enter only once into all the museums of the Circuit, to visit permanent collections and temporary exhibitions, accessing through the priority entrances and without making any reservation, except for the Grande Museo del Duomo Complex, Uffizi Gallery and Accademia Gallery. Adding only 7 it is possible to purchase the Firenzecard+ also the Firenzecard+ that allows access to the city’s public transport (Ataf&Linea buses and tram) for 72 hours giving the opportunity to benefit from the various offers of affiliated partners (Food&Drink discount, tourist services, entertainment&fun, shopping).
- HAMBURG CARD - "Free entry to top attractions." Your convenient discovery ticket for free travel on public transport and discount on entrance fees. Use the Hamburg Card advantage its cheaper than a normal ticket if you visit one place of interest and a restaurant. Discover Hamburg, all-inclusive for 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7 days: With your City Pass Hamburg everything is already paid for, you can book your pass online here without further charges.
- LONDON PASS - "The more you see, the more you’ll save in London with the London Pass from the Leisure Pass Group. Available in 1, 2, 3, or 6 consecutive day cards, the pass lets you visit 55 attractions in greater London for one price. Top attractions include the Tower of London, a Thames River cruise, the London Bridge Experience, St. Paul’s Cathedral, and Windsor Castle. You can also add a Travelcard to your London Pass, which can be used for an unlimited number of rides on the Tube and busses. Check the guidebook for restrictions. The pass also includes more than 40 offers for discounted tours, shopping, and dining."
- Madrid card - "Madrid’s official tourist pass called “Madrid Card” offers visitors free entry to over 50 of the city’s most popular museums and monuments. It also includes discounts for numerous activities and restaurants." The pass comes with a small tourist guide with information on Madrid’s main landmarks and museums, as well as a map of the city to help visitors get to each attraction. The pass will also help visitors save time thanks to the priority access included in the Pass.
- Milano card - "Milan in your hands." MilanoCard is the Milan City Pass, which offers free public transportation, free audioguide and free or discounted entry to over 500+ Milan tourist attractions, including more than 20 top Milan museums, shops and restaurants.
- New York Pass - since 2001. "Free entry to 100+ top New York attractions, including Empire State Building. Huge savings vs. gate prices." The only all-inclusive sightseeing pass that features the Empire State Building, an app and fast-track privileges. Over 3+ million customers trust us. Discover what makes The New York Pass so special. See as many as you want with a 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, or 10 day Pass! Plus over 30 special offers!
- Omnia Vatican & Rome Pass - "With the OMNIA Vatican & Rome Pass you can visit the best attractions in Rome and the Vatican City for free. Visit the Vatican Museums, Coliseum and Roman Forum at no extra cost."
- Oyster cards - "Transport for London." Electronic ticketing used on public transport based in Greater London in England.
- PARIS PASS - "Experience Paris for Less." Free entry to a choice of over 60+ top Paris Attractions. Save time and skip the line with fast track entry. Enjoy stress free sightseeing, with one pass to visit all Paris attractions. Get free, unlimited use of public transport inside central Paris.
- PARIS TRAVEL CARD - "Paris Visite travel pass. Visit Paris in 5 days for 38,35." On vacation in Paris? Do you want to enjoy unlimited travel in Paris and the Île-de-France region, using all of the public transport networks? Paris Visite is the travel pass for you! The Paris Visite travel pass allows you to use all of the public transport networks: the metro, tramway, bus, RER and SNCF Transilien networks. Valid for 1, 2, 3 or 5 consecutive days, the pass allows you to travel anywhere in Paris (zones 1 to 3) or in Paris and the Île-de-France region (all zones, including airport connections, Orlyval, Disneyland Paris and Château de Versailles).
- Philadelphia Pass - "Visit multiple Philadelphia attractions for one low price. Save up to 45% on top museums, tours, and activities, and pay nothing at the gate." Choose the attraction pass that's right for you: 35+ Philadelphia attractions.
- Priority Pass - since 1992. "The world’s largest independent airport lounge access program." Membership offers great value for money and allows you to use any of 1200+ airport lounges in over 500 cities whenever you travel.
- ROMA PASS - "The Cards that offers you Transport and 2 Museums free of charge as well as Reductions for all other museums and major events."
- Swiss Travel Pass - allows unlimited travel on the Swiss public transport network (trains, buses, ships and tramways) for a certain number of days (3, 4, 8 or 15 consecutive days), as well as free or discounted entry to most Swiss museums. Discounts apply to mountain transport (lifts, funiculars, cogwheel trains). Some mountain transport is free of charge.
- Yorkshire Pass - "Discover over 2000 years of history as well as the best in entertainment, the arts and shopping." York Pass is the Official Sightseeing Card for the city of York and North Yorkshire. Gives entry to 45+ York & beyond attractions, saving money on admission prices whilst seeing the best the city and beyond has to offer.
- ZÜrich card - "With the Zürich Card, city explorers can enjoy Zurich in all its diversity and save time and money too." The Zürich Card offers the following benefits over a period of 24 or 72 hours: Unlimited 2nd class travel by tram, bus, train, boat and cableway in the city of Zurich and surrounding region; Short boat trips and Limmat river cruise; Free or reduced admission to 40 museums; 50% discount on the Zurich Old Town Walking Tour; And many more experiences.