Top 20 High-End Interior Design Magazines & Media
An INTERIOR DESIGN MAGAZINE is a publication that focuses primarily on interior design in a hard copy periodical format or on the Internet. Interior design magazines document the interior of homes, furniture, home accessories, textiles and architecture usually in a highly stylized or staged format. They may also feature cafes, historic houses, eco-friendly living and cutting-edge design.
Each issue or publication often acts as a “how to” guide for interior decorating and styling, as well as providing readers up to date design news and the latest trends. Contemporary houses in the magazines today are often highly styled photographs, which are done by interior stylists or decorators. They often do not feature people and just focus on the furniture or interior. Some magazines, such as Apartmento, feature homes that are not staged, but rather highlight elements of the house just as the inhabitant has left them.
Interior Design Magazine Reviews & Resources
- APPLIANCIST - since 2006. Home appliances trends & news.
- ARCHITECTURAL DIGEST - since 1920. "The International Design Authority." A must-read for decades, Architectural Digest continues to celebrate the most dazzling places and people.
- BETTER HOMES & GARDENS - since 1924. The fourth best selling magazine in the United States. Focuses on interests regarding homes, cooking, gardening, crafts, healthy living, decorating, and entertaining.
- BEAUTIFUL LIFE - since 2009. Design news, beautiful art and luxury lifestyle.
- Curbed - since 2004. "Love where you live - and improve it, all the time." Interior Design, Decor, and Real Estate.
- DEZEEN - since 2006. "Our mission is simple: to bring you a carefully edited selection of the best architecture, design and interiors projects from around the world before anyone else."
- DESIGNBOOM - since 1999. "Your first choice for architecture, design & art news." Industrial design today: courses, education, competitions, history and contemporary, shop, interviews, snapshots, design-aerobics, the intelligent hand competition.
- DOMUS - since 1928. "Domus is a monthly magazine of contemporary architecture, design and art. For over 80 years it has been one of the most authoritative voices in the fields of architecture and design: to this day it remains an internationally recognised platform of excellence for innovative thinking, influential criticism and compelling intellectual debate."
- Dwell - since 2000. "Connecting the modern world." Dwell is the platform for modern architecture and design.
- ELLE DECORATION - since 1989. "The style magazine for your home." The style magazine for your home. Containing everything you need to know to decorate bedrooms to bathrooms, it's useful and beautiful, and packed with great ideas and inspiration for your home.
- Harper's Bazaar Interiors - since 2013. Focusing on luxury lifestyle, the fashionable home, travel and entertaining.
- HOUSE & GARDEN - since 1947. "The best in international design and decoration." Shelter magazine published by Condé Nast Publications that focusses on interior design, entertaining, and gardening.
- HOUSE BEAUTIFUL - since 1896. Interior decorating magazine that focuses on decorating and the domestic arts. House Beautiful is the home design magazine that puts the reader and their lifestyle, tastes, and dreams first. We believe everyone has a beautiful house in them and know that only you can make yours beautiful. We’re simply here to help you discover and create the home that makes you smile.
- Interior design - since 1932. Interior Design is the definitive resource for interior designers, architects and other design pros, featuring groundbreaking projects, innovative new products, real-time design industry news, exclusive in-depth research and more. Offering print, digital and events, Interior Design is the design authority in the B2B design market.
- T: The New York Times Style Magazine - since 2004. A perfect-bound magazine dedicated to fashion, living, beauty, holiday, travel and design coverage. Published 11 times per year. It is distributed with the Sunday edition of the newspaper. T is not a supplement of The New York Times Magazine, but a distinct publication with its own staff.
- VERANDA - since 1987. "Luxury Design Ideas and Home Decorating Tips." VERANDA is a forum for the very best in living well. Always gracious, and never pretentious, we keep readers abreast of the finest in design, decorating, luxury travel, and more, inspiring them with beauty and elegance. VERANDA is both an ideas showcase and a deeply pleasurable escape, a place where homes feel as good as they look. One of the world's most exquisitely produced interior design magazines.
- VITRA - since 1953. "The Vitra Magazine features an assortment of articles, images, interviews and anecdotes. It revolves around the themes of design, architecture and culture, our products and their authors, exhibitions and past events – here you can experience the many facets of Project Vitra."
- Vogue Living - since 1949. The Vogue for home decor and design trends. Vogue Living is entirely dedicated to home design where you can find the latest interior design trends and projects.
- WALLPAPER - since 1996. "Design, Interiors, Fashion, Art, Lifestyle." Truly international, consistently intelligent and hugely influential, Wallpaper* is the world’s most important design and style magazine.
- YANKO DESIGN - since 2002. "Yanko Design is an online magazine dedicated to covering the best in product design." Dedicated to introducing the best modern international design, covering from industrial design, concepts, technology, interior design, architecture, exhibition and fashion. It’s about the cutting edge and the classic, the new and the rediscovered. It’s all about the best.