World's Top Royal, Princely and Presidential Aircrafts
Some nations maintain one or more special aircraft to transport their heads of state and government. One in particular has been immortalised in popular culture: Air Force One, used by the President of the United States and operated by the United States Air Force. Another famous special aircraft is the "Shepherd One" used by the Pope and operated by the Italian Air Force.
Air transport for the Royal Family and Her Majesty's Government is provided, depending on circumstances and availability, by a variety of military and civilian operators. These currently include The Queen's Helicopter Flight (part of the Royal Household), No. 32 (The Royal) Squadron of the Royal Air Force (RAF), chartered civil aircraft, but most often by scheduled commercial flights normally flying with British Airways.
Air Force One is the official air traffic control call sign of a United States Air Force aircraft carrying the President of the United States. In common parlance the term refers to those Air Force aircraft specifically designed, built, and used for the purpose of transporting the president. The Presidential aircraft is a prominent symbol of the American presidency and its power.
Royal & Presidential Aircraft News, Reviews & Resources
- Air Force One - the official air traffic control call sign for a United States Air Force aircraft carrying the President of the United States. In common parlance the term describes those Air Force aircraft designed, built, and used to transport the president.
- Air Force One Gallery - "From President Franklin D. Roosevelt's 'Dixie Clipper' and Harry S. Truman's 'Independence' to today's 747-8, Boeing has provided U.S. presidents with transportation like no other. Air Force One has time and again proven a modern marvel, delivering a flying oval office that matches mission to engineering superiority."
- Air Force One: Inside the Oval Office in the Sky - YouTube 2:20.
- Air Force One: The White House in the air & 'The Beast' - "The incredible aircraft, vehicles and entourage that will be accompanying the US president in June. ‘The Beast’ and the rest of Trump’s UK trip entourage."
- Air transports of heads of state and government - Wikipedia.
- BOING 747-8 - (2008-). "The First Class and Business Class sections of the 747-8 enable airlines to offer passengers the most private and premium accommodations in the sky. So it's no surprise that on high-volume routes the 747-8 offers premium revenue potential. And with more than 400 seats available, this new 747 creates a unique opportunity to maximize the bottom-line potential of any high-volume route. It's premium value, delivered, for operators and passengers. That's a better way to fly."
- Boing Air Force One - "From Presidents Roosevelt to Trump, Boeing airplanes have transported U.S. presidents around the world. The U.S. Air Force announced that it will continue the Boeing tradition with the 747-8, which will replace the two 747-200s that serve as the presidential Air Force One fleet. When the 747-8 takes flight as the next Air Force One, Boeing airplanes will mark more than half a century of presidential service through the Jet Age."
- Donald Trump strikes $3.9 billion deal with Boeing for new Air Force One - CNN Politics.
- Donald Trump’s Boeing 757 rehabbed & back in West Palm Beach - "Whether Donald Trump is prepared to take-off on another bid for the presidency remains up in the air, but his fabled Boeing 757 is definitely getting off the ground."
- Exclusive look inside the US supersonic presidential jet - "Exosonic was handed a contract by the Presidential and Executive Airlift Directorate (PE) after impressing the military with its concept for a low-boom supersonic Mach 1.8 twinjet. It's a 31-passenger derivative of Exosonic's 70-passenger commercial airliner concept and is the ultimate in business jets -- luxury leather, oak and quartz fittings, private suites for work and rest, and all at cruise times twice that of existing aircraft."
- First presidential aircraft - was President Franklin D. Roosevelt's Douglas C-54 Skymaster aircraft, nicknamed the Sacred Cow.
- Inside Trump's Air Force One: 'It's like being held captive' - CNN politics.
- Japanese Air Force One is up for sale for $28 million - "It's not every day you go shopping for a VIP jumbo jet, but one unique offering is attracting attention online. A Boeing 747-400 which has flown 14 Japanese prime ministers and the country's emperor around the world is up for sale, according to a listing on aviation trade publication Controller."
- Mexico's new government prepares sale of former president's $218m plane - "The big, luxurious airplane used to ferry Mexico’s former president around the globe is about to fly away permanently in one of the first moves by the new president to rid the country of what he has derided as a towering symbol of excess."
- Mexico's president defends $218 million Boeing 787 Dreamliner purchase - Mashable.
- Presidential aircraft - Wikipedia.
- The Most Expensive Private Planes of World Leaders - "When you’re a world leader, you need to be able to get to the other side of the world at a moment’s notice. Whether they’re going to meet with diplomats, sign important documents, or just make a media appearance, there’s no way they’re sitting next to you in coach. They’re flying in some serious style that could only be fit for a king. So get your passports ready because today we’re taking a look at the most expensive private planes of world leaders." YouTube 14:04.
- The new Air Force One - "From Presidents Roosevelt to Biden, Boeing airplanes have transported U.S. presidents around the world. The U.S. Air Force announced that it will continue the Boeing tradition with the 747-8, which will replace the two 747-200s that serve as the presidential Air Force One fleet."
- Will Trump change Air Force One? - "Out of the blue: A look back at Air Force One's classic design."
Royal, Princely & Presidential Aircrafts