Top 6 Best Wi-Fi Routers 2023 | Reviews | Resources
A WIRELESS ROUTER is a device that performs the functions of a router and also includes the functions of a wireless access point. It is used to provide access to the Internet or a private computer network. Depending on the manufacturer and model, it can function in a wired local area network, in a wireless-only LAN, or in a mixed wired and wireless network.
Wi-Fi Router News, Reviews & Resources
- 10 reasons you should never share your wi-fi password with friends - "The thought of saying 'no' when someone innocuously asks to connect to your router may seem rude... but it could have consequences. Lending your Wi-Fi password to a friend or a neighbour is a relatively common occurrence, but there are a number of risks you must consider before doing so. Potential dangers stretch from the individual visiting illegal websites under your IP address to having malware spread to your devices."
- 11 Ways to Upgrade Your Wi-Fi & Make Your Internet Faster - "There's always something you can do to improve your connection at home."
- A Wi-Fi 6 mesh router is the easiest way to get the most from gigabit internet - "To really use your high-speed service, you’re going to have to pay up."
- Anti-5G necklaces found to be radioactive - "Necklaces and accessories claiming to 'protect' people from 5G mobile networks have been found to be radioactive."
- Apple starts selling Amazon's Eero mesh routers - "Yes, they're Amazon products in Apple's store."
- Best mesh Wi-Fi systems 2023 - "Extend your range and boost your speeds with these tried and tested picks."
- Best mid-range wifi 6 mesh systems to solve broadband dead zones - "Replacement routers put speedy wifi in every corner of the home for reliable work, video calls and films."
- best USB Wi-Fi adapters - engadget.
- best WiFi extenders in 2023 - "Fix those dead zones and get better coverage throughout your home."
- best WiFi router - "The TP-Link Archer A20 is Wirecutter's pick as the best all-around router for speedy and dynamic connections."
- best Wi-Fi routers in 2020 - "Your router is the unsung hero holding your smart home together. From mesh to gaming to Wi-Fi 6, here are the best we've tested, for every budget."
- Best Wireless Routers for 2020 - "In the days of surfing, streaming, gaming, and more, your Wi-Fi router is the single most important piece of technology in your home. Make sure you pick the right one. Here's what you need to know to optimize your network, along with the best wireless routers for all budgets."
- Eero's mesh WiFi routers now support Apple HomeKit - "Your smart home devices won't put your full network at risk."
- Google optimizes its WiFi routers for slow internet connections - "You should see fewer drops when you're juggling multiple tasks."
- Google’s rolling out a Nest Wifi Pro update to fix slow internet speeds - "The company says only ‘a small number of users’ are experiencing reduced internet speeds with the new router. It’s rolling out a software update early next week to address it."
- Here's How to check saved Wi-Fi passwords in iOS 16 & iPadOS 16 - "Both iOS and iPadOS let users easily share Wi-Fi passwords between Apple devices. Still, sometimes people need to see the password of a known Wi-Fi network to share it with non-Apple devices. Now with iOS 16 and iPadOS 16, Apple has finally added an option to let users quickly view saved Wi-Fi network passwords on the iPhone and iPad. Read on as we detail how to do this on your device."
- How to replace your Wi-Fi router without disconnecting all your devices - "Upgrading to a new Wi-Fi router doesn’t have to be hard. Here’s how to easily switch all your smart home gadgets and other connected devices in your home to a new router in under a minute."
- I’m a Wi-Fi expert - follow my ‘rule of 30’ to unlock much faster internet speeds in any home - "A RULE of 30 can help you get optimal Wi-Fi speed and it is super easy to implement. The rule is intended to evenly distribute the Wi-Fi signal across your home."
- iPhone ‘Weak Security’ Wi-Fi Warning: Here’s What It Means - "Have you received a 'weak Wi-Fi security' warning on your iPhone since upgrading to iOS 14? You are not alone, here’s what it means and how to fix it."
- Is Wi-Fi 6 worth the upgrade? - "Considering making the jump to the latest Wi-Fi standard?"
- Linksys unveils a more affordable mesh router with WiFi 6 - "Spending $150 gets you a modern wireless network."
- My quest to fix my terrible home WiFi - "Brute force, mesh and everything between."
- Nest Wifi Pro review: better, faster, shinier - "A big upgrade over its predecessors, Google’s Nest Wifi Pro adds Wi-Fi 6 and 6E, bringing faster speeds, and improved reliability. It’s not a ‘Pro’ router - for top throughput, look elsewhere - but it packs a lot into an affordable package."
- Netgear expands WiFi 6E router lineup with two new options for 2022 - "The Nighthawk RAXE300 offers high performance at (slightly) slower speed."
- Netgear’s new M6 Pro router lets you use fast 5G anywhere you go - "Netgear has unveiled its Nighthawk M6 Pro Mobile Hotspot Router, the most advanced mobile hotspot yet. The new portable router features the latest and fastest 5G and Wi-Fi technologies, delivering unprecedented range and performance for a wireless hotspot."
- Staying connected: New WiFi technology improved our RV travels - "One of the great dilemmas RVers face is staying connected. Like many full-timers, we’ve tried most everything for better communications: hotspots, WiFi repeaters, extenders/boosters, antennas, satellite receivers, yada, yada. A few worked spuriously, others barely. All were overpriced for the service provided."
- TP-Link's latest WiFi 6 router packs 4.8Gbps speeds at a reasonable price - "You won't need to spend a fortune on solid performance."
- Why You Should Stop Using This ‘Dangerous’ Wi-Fi Setting On Your iPhone - "So, Apple has fixed its dangerous and embarrassing Wi-Fi issue. iOS 14.7 has added 'improved checks,' Apple says, to stop its devices 'joining a malicious Wi-Fi network [that] may result in a denial of service or arbitrary code execution.' But be warned, iOS 14.7 doesn’t make you safe from Wi-Fi attacks. Far from it."
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup - (WPS; originally, Wi-Fi Simple Config) is a network security standard to create a secure wireless home network.
- WiFi vulnerability may leave millions of devices open to 'frag attacks' - "The widespread flaws could be abused by nearby attackers to steal your data."
- Wireless router - Wikipedia.
Top 6 Best High-End Wi-Fi Routers 2023
- ASUS AC2900 WiFi Dual-band Gigabit Wireless Router - with 1.8GHz Dual-core Processor and AiProtection Network Security Powered by Trend Micro, AiMesh Whole Home WiFi System Compatible (RT-AC86U). Dual-band (2. 4 + 5 GHz) AC2900 wireless router with the latest 802. 11AC MU-MIMO technology for data transfer speeds up to 2900 Mbps. 1. 8GHz 32bit dual-core processor optimizes network traffic and connectivity speeds from the USB 3. 1 Gen1 and 4× Gigabit LAN ports.
- Google Nest WiFi Pro - "Wi-Fi 6E - Reliable Home Wi-Fi System with Fast Speed and Whole Home Coverage - Mesh Wi-Fi Router - Fog." Nest Wifi Pro is up to 2x faster than Wi-Fi 6, so you get super fast speeds and a reliable connection for your entire home. One WiFi router provides up to 2200 square feet of fast, reliable Wi-Fi; and you can customize your setup to create a mesh WiFi system for the coverage you need. It gives you super fast and reliable speeds with three bands: 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz, and the new 6 GHz band.
- NETGEAR Nighthawk Smart WiFi Router (R7000P) - AC2300 Wireless Speed (up to 2300 Mbps) | Up to 2000 sq ft Coverage & 35 Devices | 4 × 1G Ethernet and 2 USB ports | Armor Security.
- Synology RT2600ac - 4×4 Dual-Band Gigabit Wi-Fi Router, MU-MIMO, Powerful Parental Controls, Threat Prevention, Bandwidth Management, VPN, Expandable Coverage with mesh Wi-Fi. 1.7 Gigahertz Dual core processor for fast, uncompromising performance. Coverage area - 3,000 square feet.
- TP-Link AC1750 Smart WiFi Router - Dual Band Gigabit Wireless Internet Router for Home, Works with Alexa, VPN Server, Parental Control&QoS (Archer A7). Wireless internet router works with Alexa, compatible with all Wi Fi devices, 802; 11AC and older. Dual band router upgrades to 1750 Mbps high speed internet(450mbps for 2.4GHz + 1300Mbps for 5GHz), reducing buffering and ideal for 4K streaming Comparable to the router NETGEAR R6700. 3 external antennas for long range Wi-Fi.
- TP-Link AC4000 Smart WiFi Router - Tri Band Router, MU-MIMO, VPN Server, Advanced Security by Homecare, 1.8GHz CPU, Gigabit, Beamforming, Link Aggregation, Rangeboost, Works with Alexa (Archer A20). 4K video, streaming, gaming is no problem for the A20 with incredible AC4000 tri band speeds. Top of the line 1.8 GHz quad core 64 Bit processing to smoothly process Multiple requests and accelerate loading Times.