World's Top 10 Best High-End Energy Drinks Brands
An ENERGY DRINK is a type of beverage containing stimulant drugs, chiefly caffeine, which is marketed as providing mental and physical stimulation. They may or may not be carbonated and many also contain sugar or other sweeteners, herbal extracts and amino acids. They are a subset of the larger group of energy products, which includes bars and gels. There are many brands and varieties of energy drinks.
Coffee, tea and other naturally caffeinated beverages are usually not considered energy drinks. Soft drinks such as cola may contain caffeine, but are also not energy drinks. Some alcoholic beverages, such as Four Loko, used to contain caffeine and other stimulants, but such drinks were banned in the United States in 2010.
Energy Drinks News, Reviews & Resources
- 12 BEST ENERGY DRINKS, RANKED BY TASTE - BestProducts.com.
- Bananas vs. Sports Drinks? Bananas Win in Study - The New York Times.
- Common energy drink ingredient taurine Ďmay slow ageing processí - "Scientists call for major clinical trial after lifespans of mice extended by boosting levels of micronutrient."
- Dietrich Mateschitz: Red Bull co-owner & energy drink giant dies aged 78 - "Mateschitz was the driving force behind the establishment of what became the global market leader in energy drinks. He used the fortune created by that to set up a Formula 1 team that has become one of the leading forces in the sport."
- ENERGY DRINK - Wikipedia.
- ENERGY DRINKS RATINGS & REVIEWS - Energy Drink Ratings.
- LIST OF ENERGY DRINKS - Wikipedia.
- Prime (drink) - Wikipedia.
- Ranking the best energy drinks of 2018 - BodyNutrition.
- Red Bull heir, a crashed car & the scandal that angered Thailand - "Before dawn on September 3, 2012, a roaring black Ferrari struck a police motorcycle in downtown Bangkok, knocking the officer to the ground and dragging his body down the darkened street before speeding away."
- Sports drink - Wikipedia.
- Study links sugary drinks to male hair loss - "A new Nutrients journal study explored the association between sugar-sweetened beverage (SSB) consumption and Male pattern hair loss (MPHL) in young men in China."
- The Best Healthy-ish Energy Drinks to Give You a Boost - yahoo!sports.
- The 'Sweat' you drink: Inside the meteoric rise of Asia's answer to Gatorade - "Launched in 1980, Pocari Sweat was inspired by the rehydrating effects of an IV solution. The ingredients include water, sugar, citric acid, magnesium, calcium and sodium. Pocari replenishes water and electrolytes - a set of minerals your body needs to function - lost through sweat."
- Why is there taurine in energy drinks? - "Scientists have discovered that taurine has life-lengthening benefits in mammals. But why is this supplement added to energy drinks?"
Top 10 Best High-End Energy Drinks Brands
- 5-HOUR ENERGY - "No Sugar & Zero Net Carbs." For Every Night Out.
- BURN - Swedish high sugar, high caffeine content energy drink with a citrus flavor.
- Club-Mate - since 1924. Caffeinated carbonated mate-extract German beverage. Club-Mate has developed a following in computer hacker culture, especially in Europe.
- CULT - since 1998. "All Natural Energy Activator." Mission: Power the world with good energy.
- CELSIUS - "So Much More Than an Energy Drink."
- GATORADE - since 1965. "Fuel for Energy."
- Lucozade - since 1927. Sports & energy drinks.
- MONSTER ENERGY - since 1935. As of 2020, Monster held nearly 39% of the $5.7 billion US energy drink market, the second highest share after Red Bull.
- Peak Refuel - since 2012. "Everything you need. Nothing you donít. | Improve Performance | Extend Energy | Increase Focus." Peak Refuel has developed a fully proprietary blend of natural, botanical-based ingredients to provide the highest quality on-the-go drink for any adventure. We're keeping you fueled and hydrated for whatever you're chasing. ZERO SUGAR | NO ARTIFICIAL SWEETENERS, COLORS, FLAVORS, OR PRESERVATIVES | KETO-FRIENDLY | AVAILABLE IN 5, 10, OR 24-PACK SIZES.
- POWERADE - 1992. Sports drink that fuels your hard work so you can powerthrough and perform at your best.
- Prime by Logan Paul × KSI - since 2022. "PRIME was developed to fill the void where great taste meets function. With bold, thirst-quenching flavors to help you refresh, replenish, and refuel, PRIME is the perfect boost for any endeavor. We're confident you'll love it as much as we do."
- Red Bull - since 1987. "Vitalizes Body and Mind." Red Bull Energy Drink is appreciated worldwide by top athletes, busy professionals, university students and travellers on long journeys. Brand of energy drinks of Austrian company Red Bull GmbH. With 38% market share, it is the most popular energy drink brand as of 2019. Since its launch in 1987, more than 100 billion cans of Red Bull have been sold worldwide, including over 9.8 billion in 2021.
- ROCKSTAR ENERGY DRINK - energy drink created in 2001. Rockstar products in the US have two levels of caffeine content: either 10 mg of caffeine per ounce, or 15 mg of caffeine per ounce. Rockstar Energy Drink Original contains 160 mg of caffeine per 16 ounce can, while the Rockstar Punched energy drink contain 240 mg of caffeine per 16 ounce can. Besides caffeine and sugar, Rockstar Energy Drink contains a variety of herbs, including panax ginseng, ginkgo biloba, milk thistle extract, and guarana seed.
- V8 - since 1933. "The Original Plant-Powered Drink." Made from eight vegetables, or a mixture of vegetables and fruits.