Top 10 Greatest Theme Parks In The United States
An amusement park (sometimes referred to as a funfair) or THEME PARK is a group of entertainment attractions, rides, and other events in a location for the enjoyment of large numbers of people. Amusement parks have a fixed location, as opposed to travelling funfairs and traveling carnivals, and are more elaborate than simple city parks or playgrounds, usually providing attractions meant to cater specifically to certain age groups, as well as some that are aimed towards all ages. Theme parks, a specific type of amusement park, are usually much more intricately themed to a certain subject or group of subjects than normal amusement parks.
Theme Park News, Reviews & Resources
- 8 of the world’s best new theme parks - "From the super subtle and surreal, like Ghibli Park in Japan, to a tidal wave of fun at Columbia Pictures Aquaverse in Thailand, here’s a look at a few of the most noteworthy new theme parks for those unforgettable family memories."
- 10 fascinating theme parks that have closed forever - "Although hundreds of theme parks are active around the globe, hundreds more have been relegated to the scrapheap of amusement history. They were abandoned by owners and operators for a variety of reasons - falling attendance, natural disasters, financial difficulties or merely because they were no longer relevant to modern parkgoers."
- 28 of the world's most vertigo-inducing attractions - The Telegraph.
- 2022 world’s biggest rank-based roller coaster poll - "Throughout November 2022, 2,596 people ranked a total of 129,562 roller coasters in their lists. This produced over 18 million combinations of roller coasters to analyse, leading to the results below..."
- 2023 10 best readers' choice travel awards - "North America is home to more than 400 amusement parks and attractions with some 375 million visitors annually, according to the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions. For those looking to plan the perfect vacation, trying to pick which park to visit can be overwhelming."
- amusement park - Wikipedia.
- Brexit with rollercoasters: the £3.5bn London Resort fantasy theme park - "With its rickety rides, fire-breathing dragons and Arthurian castle, the enchanted realms proposed for the Thames Estuary park are little Britain writ large. Will its High Street have a closed down library?"
- Disney, Built on Fairy Tales & Fantasy, Confronts the Real World - "The entertainment behemoth spent decades avoiding even the whiff of controversy. But it has increasingly been drawn into the partisan political fray."
- Disney World set to reopen at weekend despite coronavirus surge in Florida - "State recorded a record high of 120 Covid-19 deaths on Wednesday and is seeing one of the largest outbreaks in the US."
- 'Don't scream and be serious' Japan theme park tells rollercoaster riders - "Many people might find it tricky keeping quiet through a entire roller coaster ride, but one Japanese theme park wants you to do that - and more."
- Everyone Is Wearing These Shoes to Disney World & You Should Too - "When considering what to pack for your upcoming Disney World vacation, shoes play a key role in ensuring that you stay comfortable all day long. Trust us, blisters have totally ruined an experience or two for us while on a Disney World vacation."
- How to Save on Your Trip to a Theme Park - The New York Times.
- Just How Tall Can Roller Coasters Get? - The New York Times.
- List of amusement parks - Wikipedia.
- Riders walk down UK’s tallest rollercoaster after it stops in high winds - "The Big One in Blackpool was more terrifying than usual when it halted close to its 235ft summit on Tuesday."
- The world's eeriest abandoned theme parks - The Telegraph.
- The world's strangest theme parks - The Telegraph.
- THESE ABANDONED THEME PARKS ARE GUARANTEED TO MAKE YOU NOSTALGIC - Wired.
- Tivoli: Europe’s best city-centre theme park - The Telegraph.
- Why Disney has its own government in Florida & what happens if that goes away - "Florida's legislature passed a bill Thursday that would eliminate the special legal setup that allows Disney to operate as an independent government around its Orlando-area theme parks. The move comes as Florida's Republican-led government has taken aim at Disney - the largest single-site employer in the state - for its opposition to a law restricting education on LGBTQ issues in schools."
Top 10 Best Theme Parks in the United States
- Busch Gardens - 1 Busch Gardens Blvd, Williamsburg, VA 23185. Voted # 9.
- Cedar Point - 1 Cedar Point Dr, Sandusky, OH 44870. Voted # 4.
- Disneyland Park - 1313 Disneyland Dr, Anaheim, CA 92802. Voted # 10.
- Dollywood - 2700 Dollywood Parks Blvd, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863. Voted # 3.
- Hersheypark - 100 W Hersheypark Dr, Hershey, PA 17033. Voted # 5.
- Kings Island - 6300 Kings Island Dr, Mason, OH 45040. Voted # 7.
- Legoland California - 1 Legoland Dr, Carlsbad, CA 92008. Voted # 6.
- Magic Kingdom Park - 1180 Seven Seas Dr, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830. Voted # 8.
- Six Flags Great Adventure - 1 Six Flags Blvd, Jackson, NJ 08527. Voted # 2.
- Six Flags Magic Mountain - 26101 Magic Mountain Pkwy, Valencia, CA 91355. Voted # 1.