Top 15 Best Anonymity Application Software Providers
An ANONYMITY APPLICATION is any software application which can be used to access a network, such as the Internet, anonymously. The application can use either private or public anonymous proxy servers, encryption or even spoofing, diversion and obfuscation to ensure an anonymous and/or difficultly traceable access to a resource.
A VIRTUAL PRIVATE NETWORK (VPN) extends a private network across a public network, such as the Internet. It enables a computer to send and receive data across shared or public networks as if it is directly connected to the private network, while benefiting from the functionality, security and management policies of the private network. A VPN is created by establishing a virtual point-to-point connection through the use of dedicated connections, virtual tunneling protocols, or traffic encryptions.
A virtual private network connection across the Internet is similar to a wide area network (WAN) link between sites. From a user perspective, the extended network resources are accessed in the same way as resources available within the private network.
VPNs allow employees to securely access their company's intranet while traveling outside the office. Similarly, VPNs securely connect geographically disparate offices of an organization, creating one cohesive network. VPN technology is also used by Internet users to connect to proxy servers for the purpose of protecting personal identity and location.
Anonymity News, Reviews & Resources
- 5 Best VPN apps for Apple TV - "Setting up a VPN on your Apple TV 4K allows you to avoid geographic region restrictions and access services not normally available to you. With tvOS 17, VPN apps can now be installed on the Apple TV directly."
- 7 benefits of using a VPN (spoiler: it could save you money) - "We all regularly use the internet nowadays for a variety of different purposes. Whether it’s to keep in touch with friends and family, to work from home, or to conduct our banking and bill paying online, it’s important to be secure. One of the best ways to keep yourself secure and your activity private is to use a VPN."
- 10 BEST VPN SERVICES 2021 - PCMagazine.
- Anonymity application - Wikipedia.
- Apple's statement to Congress on the FBI warrant fight - The Verge.
- Atlas VPN Launches Its Free Mobile Service to Protect Security Online - "A new, reliable and free VPN will combat shady players for free VPN market share. All this, while keeping a strict no-logs policy and not pushing ads to its users."
- best VPN service 2021 - "Everything you could wish to know about VPNs and which to get." TechRadar.
- best VPNs for 2023 - "Don’t fall for the hyped-up, overly-marketed options."
- Building a new Tor that can resist next-generation state surveillance - Tor is an imperfect privacy platform. Ars meets the researchers trying to replace it.
- Don’t use a free VPN - you’ll be putting your data at risk - "With money tight, it’s super tempting to go with a free VPN, right? You really shouldn’t. At least not for long-term use. Sure, some of the best free VPNs could be worth checking out if you’re desperate but for the most part, you really need to sign up to the best VPN that costs money. Once you’ve delved into knowing exactly what a VPN is, it should make a lot of sense why going a paid route is a better option. If you’re still not sure, read on while we break it down for you."
- Eliminalia - "We erase your past we help you build your future." We help you rebuild your future by deleting unwanted and erroneus information and help guarantee your right to anonimity.
- Eliminalia: The Spanish firm that uses dubious methods to ‘erase your past’ from the internet - "Cache of 50,000 files lays bare deceptive methods used by Eliminalia to clear up its clients’ cyber profiles. 'We erase your past' declares the company’s tagline. Eliminalia, which has offices in several cities including Barcelona and Kyiv, is part of a growing industry that will clean up your online profile."
- ENCRYPTION - Wikipedia.
- Everyone is selling VPNs & that's a problem for security - "The influencer-VPN provider relationship is good for business, but not for security."
- Fastest VPNs of 2018 - Our top 5 for speed - "All VPNs slow down your internet to some degree, some much more than others. It’s a sacrifice you make for a more private and secure internet connection or for streaming your favorite shows from any location. We’ll show you the fastest VPNs along with a few tricks to maximize your speed that won’t cost you anything."
- Hashing - transformation of a string of characters into a usually shorter fixed-length value or key that represents the original string.
- How to secure your phone before attending a protest - "If you’re attending or even just watching the protests, then be aware: not only is your phone a trove of information about you and the people you communicate with, but it also functions as a tracking device. That’s why it’s important to keep your digital footprint as small as possible - any evidence placing people at protests could be enough to get them arrested. You should account for the fact that your phone may get lost, stolen, or broken. There’s also a risk of your phone being confiscated by authorities - which means that if they’re able to unlock your phone, they’ll have access to data on you and people you know. In other words, it never hurts to prepare for the worst, especially considering recent events. The steps we’ve listed here are a basic start toward protecting your privacy before you attend a protest."
- How to Tell a Secret in the Digital Age - The New York Times.
- Onion routing - Wikipedia.
- ONLINE ANONYMITY - Wikipedia.
- People use anonymous question apps to learn about the world and themselves - "Maybe they’ll confess a crush, too."
- Playing Dead: Journey Through World of Death Fraud - "How the Philippines became the global leader for a macabre trade."
- Privacy mode - can be enabled so that the browser does not store this information for selected browsing sessions. Privacy mode will also disable the storage of data in cookies and Flash cookies.
- Spies, lies & data thieves: It's time to get a VPN - "Cover your assets."
- The Privacy Surgeon - "Dissecting the issues that matter to you."
- TOR IS EASIER THAN EVER. TIME TO GIVE IT A TRY - "You probably know about the digital anonymity service Tor, but for whatever reason you may not actually use it. Maybe between the nodes, traffic rerouting, and special onion URLs it seems too confusing to be worth the effort."
- Tor’s shadowy reputation will only end if we all use it - "It's not the criminal hacking browser you think it is."
- True Private Messaging - 7 Apps to Encrypt Your Chats.
- VIRTUAL PRIVATE NETWORK | VPN - private network across public networks like the Internet.
- VPN Beginner’s Guide - "What is a VPN and how does it work (Explained)."
- VPN Guide: Legality, Jurisdictions & Internet Censorship - since 2012. "The Best VPN Reviews on Earth!"
- VPNPro.com - "Your Roadmap To Online Privacy And VPN Technology." Here at VPNpro, we keep a close eye on the ever-changing World Wide Web and give you the latest on online safety and the VPN industry.
- What Is a VPN? The Complete Beginner’s Guide to VPNs in 2019 - WizCase.
- What the Bible Says About Secrets - "Scripture offers at least two views of privacy: It’s necessary for a healthy spiritual life, but it also provides a place where sin can be committed."
Top 15 Best Anonymity Software Providers
- 4chan - since 2003. English-language imageboard website. Users generally post anonymously, with the most recent posts appearing above the rest. 4chan is split into various boards with their own specific content and guidelines. Registration is not required, nor is it possible (except for staff).
- Atlas VPN - "Explore the internet with more freedom and security." Choose Atlas VPN as your shield against threats online and a bridge to the internet without borders!
- Express VPN - "The VPN that just works." Go further with the #1 trusted leader in VPN.
- FAKE NAME GENERATOR - "Generate a Random Name." The most advanced name generator. With 30 languages and 22 countries, the Fake Name Generator is the most advanced name generator on the internet.
- GOOGLE ANALYTICS OPT-OUT BROWSER ADD-ON - provide website visitors more choice on how their data is collected by Google Analytics.
- GOOGLE SHARING - "How To Hide Your Email Address When Sharing on Google Drive."
- HIDE MY ASS - "VPN client software. VPN connections made easy." Say hello to HMA. We’re all about privacy and keeping people out of your business. And we’re here to make that happen, one connection at a time.
- Hotspot Shield - since 2005. "Stay private and access worldwide content." Protect yourself with military-grade encryption, and access sites and streaming content around the world.
- HTTPS Everywhere - Firefox and Chrome extension that encrypts your communications with many major websites, making your browsing more secure.
- I2P - "The Invisible Internet Project." Since 2003. Computer network layer that allows applications to send messages to each other pseudonymously and securely. Uses include anonymous web surfing, chatting, blogging and file transfers. The software that implements this layer is called an I2P router and a computer running I2P is called an I2P node. The software is free and open source and is published under multiple licenses.
- iMessage - instant messenger service developed by Apple Inc. for iOS and OS X Mountain Lion. Not to be confused with Messages (application). iMessage allows users to send texts, documents, photos, videos, contact information, and group messages over Wi-Fi, 3G or LTE to other iOS or OS X users, thus providing an alternative to standard SMS/MMS messaging for all users with devices running iOS 5 or later. On iPhones, green buttons and text bubbles indicate SMS-based communication; on all iOS devices, blue buttons and text bubbles indicate iMessage communication. All iMessages are ENCRYPTED and can be tracked using delivery receipts. If the recipient enables Read Receipts, the sender will be able to see that the recipient has read the message. iMessage also allows users to set up chats with more than two people - a "group chat".
- Neomailbox - "Secure Email Hosting. Anonymous Surfing. Encrypted Email Service. Offshore Email Accounts." To protect yourself, your family and your organization from the serious and growing risks of profiling, identity theft and privacy invasion online you need strong security for your email and web surfing. Neomailbox has been providing secure and reliable email and private surfing services for over 11 years, enabling thousands of individuals and organizations to protect their privacy online.
- NordVPN - VPN Service since 2008. "A Virtual Private Network (VPN) is a way to conceal your activity online. When you use a VPN your data connection is encrypted, meaning that others (such as your Internet Service Provider) cannot see which websites you visit, what you download or whether you use websites such as Skype or bit torrent applications. NordVPN works at the TCP/IP level, which means that all of your applications will be secured and protected, not just your web browser. And because we’ve designed the NordVPN service to work instantly with the technology already installed on your computer and smartphone, you can enjoy the benefits of your own Virtual Private Network in minutes, for less than a penny (Euro cent) per day."
- Off-the-Record Messaging - allows you to have private conversations over instant messaging by providing: Encryption (No one else can read your instant messages), Authentication (you are assured the correspondent is who you think it is), Deniability (the messages you send do not have digital signatures that are checkable by a third party), Perfect forward secrecy (if you lose control of your private keys, no previous conversation is compromised).
- PGP | PRETTY GOOD PRIVACY - since 1991. Data encryption and decryption computer program that provides cryptographic privacy and authentication for data communication. PGP is often used for signing, encrypting, and decrypting texts, e-mails, files, directories, and whole disk partitions and to increase the security of e-mail communications.
- Proof of Existence - Provides Intellectual Property Rights. Can be used to demonstrate document ownership without revealing the information it contains, and to provide proof that a document was authored at a particular time. The key advantages are anonymity, privacy, and getting a decentralized proof which can't be erased or modified by anyone (third parties or governments).
- PSIPHON - "Uncensored Internet access for Windows and Mobile." Develops a wide range of tools and solutions aimed at preserving security, privacy, and access to content.
- Secure Drop - open-source whistleblower submission system managed by Freedom of the Press Foundation that media organizations use to securely accept documents from anonymous sources.
- Surfshark VPN - since 2018. "Secure Your Digital Life with an award-winning VPN." Improve your online security & privacy with a VPN. Take it to new heights with Surfshark. Install Surfshark VPN today and enjoy a premium experience for a friendly price. 3200+ servers worldwide. 24/7 support. RAM-only servers. Audited: No-logs VPN. Unlimited devices.
- Tails - "Privacy for anyone anywhere." Live operating system, that you can start on almost any computer from a DVD, USB stick, or SD card. It aims at preserving your privacy and anonymity, and helps you to: use the Internet anonymously and circumvent censorship; all connections to the Internet are forced to go through the Tor network; leave no trace on the computer you are using unless you ask it explicitly; use state-of-the-art cryptographic tools to encrypt your files, emails and instant messaging.
- Tor | The Onion Router - since 2002. "Browse Privately. Explore Freely. Defend yourself against tracking and surveillance. Circumvent censorship." System intended to enable online anonymity. Tor client software directs internet traffic through a worldwide volunteer network of servers to conceal a user's location or usage from anyone conducting network surveillance or traffic analysis. Using Tor makes it more difficult to trace Internet activity, including "visits to Web sites, online posts, instant messages and other communication forms", back to the user and is intended to protect users' personal freedom, privacy, and ability to conduct confidential business by keeping their internet activities from being monitored.
- TorGuard - "Online privacy protection services." Anonymous VPN Service: Anonymize and Encrypt all web Traffic through Private VPN Service. Anonymous Proxy: Keep Your Personal Identity Anonymous & Private on Bittorrent. Stealth VPN: Bypass DPI Firewalls and VPN Blocks with TorGuard Stealth VPN. Private Email: Communicate in Complete Security with OpenPGP email Encryption.
- Tox - "A New Kind of Instant Messaging." Free and open-source, peer-to-peer, encrypted instant messaging and video calling software. With the rise of government monitoring programs, Tox provides an easy to use application that allows you to connect with friends and family without anyone else listening in. While other big-name services require you to pay for features, Tox is totally free, and comes without advertising.
- TRUECRYPT - "Free Open-Source On-The-Fly Encryption." TrueCrypt is free open-source disk encryption software for Windows 7/Vista/XP,
Mac OS X and Linux. In case an attacker forces you to reveal the password, TrueCrypt provides and supports two kinds of plausible deniability.
- Unblock-US - "Smart faster VPN." Unblock your freedom. Bypass blocks and protect your identity online. Every computer or other Internet-enabled device has an address. It's made up of numbers, like a street address. Our solution is brilliantly simple. We give you an address where the content you want is available. It's like moving your computer or other device without actually moving it.