High-End Cosmetic Dentists / Oral Hygiene Resources
COSMETRIC DENTISTRY is generally used to refer to any dental work that improves the appearance (though not necessarily the functionality) of teeth, gums and/or bite. It primarily focuses on improvement dental aesthetics in color, position, shape, size, alignment and overall smile appearance. Many dentists refer to themselves as "cosmetic dentists" regardless of their specific education, specialty, training, and experience in this field. This has been considered unethical with a predominant objective of marketing to patients. The American Dental Association does not recognize cosmetic dentistry as a formal specialty area of dentistry. However, there are still dentists that promote themselves as cosmetic dentists.
Oral hygiene News, Reviews & Resources
- 54% of women feel so conscious of their teeth that they're considering braces - here’s what you need to know before you invest.
- A TikTok dentist says cavities are contagious - is the viral claim true? - "A Houston dentist is confronting TikTok with a brutal truth: you can get cavities from kissing."
- Best Electric Toothbrush - "A good electric toothbrush can transform your life and make you healthier. Find out what you need to know about these devices in our shopping guide."
- best smart electric toothbrushes for 2023 - "Can app-connected brushes really help get your teeth cleaner?"
- best way to brush your teeth - "Brushing your teeth effectively lowers your chances of getting a host of chronic diseases, as well as keeping your teeth and gums healthy. But the majority of us are doing it wrong."
- Braces should be worn for life to stop teeth going wonky again, warn dentists - The Telegraph.
- British woman says getting dentist op in Turkey was 'biggest mistake of my life' - "Lisa Martyn is now warning young influencers to make sure they are fully informed after her dream cosmetic work turned into a nightmare she's still paying for years on."
- Can Whiteners Damage the Teeth? - The New York Times.
- Clear, colorless coffee promises not to stain your teeth - Mashable.
- Cosmetic dentistry - Wikipedia.
- Dakota Johnson has lost her gap tooth - and sparked debate on social media - "Dakota Johnson has made an orthodontic alteration - and it's prompted a huge debate on social media."
- Diastema - a space or gap between two teeth.
- Electric toothbrush Oral-B Genius X with Artificial Intelligence - "Oral-B GENIUS X Electric Toothbrush With 3 Oral-B Replacement Brush Heads & Toothbrush Case, Black."
- Element found in our teeth detected for the first time in galaxy 12 billion light-years away - "We truly are made of star stuff, as astronomer Carl Sagan once said. For the first time, astronomers have detected an element found in our bodies in a galaxy that is more than 12 billion light-years away. The element, fluorine, can be found in our bones and teeth as fluoride."
- Everyone recommends flossing – but there's hardly any proof it works - The Guardian.
- Expert Tips for Curbing Bad Breath - "Food choices, oral hygiene habits and certain health conditions can play a role - but there are ways to keep dragon breath in check."
- Feeling Guilty About Not Flossing? Maybe There’s No Need - The New York Times.
- Here’s how to take better care of your teeth - "Should you worry if you can’t get a routine dental appointment because of the pandemic? Can you be your own hygienist? And what if you have an emergency? Experts answer your questions."
- Hey Sorry Everyone But You Should Probably Keep Flossing - Wired.
- How bad teeth shape your health - "The far-reaching consequences of bad teeth. The state of your teeth and gums has a wide-ranging impact on your health, from your risk of Alzheimer's, to diabetes and cardiovascular disease."
- How Our Toothbrushes Are Littering Paradise - "A new survey of remote islands off the coast of Australia found mountains of plastic weighing as much as a blue whale."
- 'Ice-cream toothache': Cold food & drinks pain explained - "Scientists believe they have worked out why biting down on ice or drinking something really cold causes excruciating pain for some people."
- Is It Better to Brush Your Teeth Before Breakfast or After? - "It’s a hotly debated question in dentistry."
- Johnny Depp’s teeth ‘rot’ is actually ‘aggressive’ wear: celebrity dentist - "Apa, who is behind the smiles of Ramona Singer, Kendall Jenner, Simon Cowell and more celebrities, believes Depp’s passion for espresso and cigarillos is to blame for the 'stainy' chompers, which he says likely haven’t been cleaned in 'years.' The teeth connoisseur suggests the 'Pirates of the Caribbean' star, whose teeth went viral at the Cannes Film Festival this week, get a 'really good cleaning' to improve the optics of his mouth. To reverse the wear, Apa recommends porcelain veneers."
- Lifestyle tweaks for healthier teeth - The Telegraph.
- LIST OF DENTISTS - who have gained a degree of notability, particularly with regard to the history of those in the field.
- No More Brace Face? Teens Increasingly Use Clear Aligners - "As treatment with aligners moves from the adult to the younger market, orthodontists are treating more children without traditional wire braces."
- Oral-B Genius 8000 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush - "Enjoy a dentist-smooth clean feeling at home with an Oral-B electric toothbrush."
- Oral-B’s App-Enabled Toothbrush Exposes Your Poor Hygiene - Wired.
- Oral hygiene - Wikipedia.
- Our Teeth Are Making Us Sick - The New York Times.
- Poma Brush - "Innovative Silicone Electric Toothbrush." Uses silicone bristles that stay clean and last much longer than regular bristles. Needs to be recharged only 3 times per year.
- Prophix - "An advanced approach to oral care." Smart toothbrush will film the inside of your mouth.
- ‘Teeth have become the new boob job’: the rise of oral tweakments - "With $55 toothpaste and whitening treatments road-tested on TikTok, looking after your teeth is becoming fashionable. It’s even been rebranded as ‘oralcare’."
- teeth-tweakments that will make you look younger - The Telegraph.
- The best electric toothbrush - "The best toothbrush for most people is the simple yet affordable Oral-B Pro 1000."
- The best way to brush your teeth - "Brushing your teeth effectively lowers your chances of getting a host of chronic diseases, as well as keeping your teeth and gums healthy. But the majority of us are doing it wrong."
- These Sisters Just Launched The Biggest Step Forward In Teeth Whitening - "Apparently, the world’s obsession with bright, white teeth has been doing quite a number on our oral health."
- Toothpick - small stick of wood, plastic, bamboo, metal, bone or other substance used to remove detritus from the teeth, usually after a meal.
- Top dental health tips: Don't rinse - "Don't rinse after brushing and other tips for better dental health."
- Ultra Brush - "The New Dental Revolution." Ultra Brush is the world's first, fully automatic toothbrush. This patent device brushes all your teeth at once, fully automatic, and finishes in just 30 seconds. All you have to do is press a single button, wait 30 seconds, and you’ll have perfectly clean teeth!
- Want a Vacation Souvenir? Buy Toothpaste - "The quotidian joys of this pocket-size keepsake." The New York Times.
- Waterpik Oral Classic Blue Aquarius Professional Water Flosser - "The Easy and More Effective Way to Floss, the Waterpik Aquarius Professional Water Flosser is the most advanced water flosser ever."
- What dentistry was like before anaesthetic (ouch!) - "A cultural history of teeth - from brushing with twigs and leaves, to teeth whitening and the search for the perfect smile."
- What Dentists Wish You Knew - "Don’t get high before your appointment, step away from the charcoal toothpaste and a few other lessons to learn."
- What If You Could Brush Your Teeth Perfectly in 10 seconds? - "Introducing Y-Brush, the smarter auto-cleaning electronic toothbrush. Simultaneously in-depth cleaning of all your teeth in 10 seconds only."
- WHICH TOOTHBRUSH SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE IS THE BEST? - Wired.
- Why a Chemical Banned From Soap Is Still in your Toothpaste - The New York Times.
- Wonky-teeth icons: the stars you should emulate, from Kate Moss to Madonna - "People seeking cosmetic dentistry are rejecting a dazzling smile in favour of a perfectly imperfect set of gnashers. Here are some looks for your trip to the dental surgery."
- Worst Foods & Drinks for Your Teeth - "When assessing how likely a given meal, snack or drink is to harm your dental health, there are two main things to consider, experts say."
- Y-Brush - since 2015. "Effective tooth brushing in 10 seconds." The Y shape of the toothbrush adapts perfectly to your teeth and allows simultaneous brushing. Introducing Y-Brush, the smarter auto-cleaning electronic toothbrush. Simultaneously in-depth cleaning of all your teeth in 10 seconds only. Developed along with specialists, Y brush automatically cleans in depth your teeth with the Bass method, recommended by dentists. In just 10 seconds using the Bass method your teeth will be cleaned with sonic vibrating technology.
- Y-Brush's '10-second toothbrush' arrives in the US - "Unlike a traditional toothbrush, the Y-Brush features a mouthguard-shaped head with 35,000 nylon bristles designed to clean all your teeth simultaneously."
High-End Aesthetic & Cosmetic Dentists
- Dr. Michael's Dental Clinic - In operation since 1997. "Dubai's most renowned dental clinic." Dr. Michael's Dental Clinic is a premier dental healthcare provider in Dubai, UAE that houses a team of world-class dentists and specialists within its dental clinics and specialized Pediatric and Orthodontic Centers in Umm Suqeim and Jumeirah.
- Swedish Dental Clinic in Dubai Marina - since 1985. "Swedish Dental Clinic in Dubai Marina Specialist Dentists in Dubai. Ready To Treat Emergency Cases." Our dentists aim to deliver healthy and confident smiles for everyone in Dubai and beyond.
- Dr. Lisa Bergonzi-Garzelli's Dental Practice in Monaco - "The Dental Office which has recently moved to the 1st floor of 23 Boulevard des Moulins has been providing excellence care for more than 30 years for an international clientele in the heart of the Principality of Monaco. Dr. Bergonzi-Garzelli's cosmetic dentistry clinic is a family clinic equipped with brand new dental technologies, which uses the latest innovative techniques in cosmetic dentistry, including for bleaching and dental implants. Our mission is to combine beauty and esthetics with the highest level of dental cares for a life without worries." 23 boulevard des Moulins.
- LACLINIC - since 2002. "Give yourself a moment to take care of your appearance and your well-being in one of the most modern clinics in the world and its luxurious, discreet and calm setting. Benefit from a holistic and completely personalized approach thanks to the expertise and support of the world’s best aesthetic specialists." Also, aesthetic dentistry. Montreux, Switzerland.
U. S. A.
- Dr. William Dorfman - since 1990. Los Angeles Sedation and Cosmetic Dentistry. "Dr. Bill Dorfman is not just a famous cosmetic dentist, he is the famous cosmetic dentist. Affectionately known as "America’s Dentist," Dr. Bill is widely recognized world wide as a leading dentist who is responsible for creating smiles for many of Hollywood’s brightest stars."
- Frederick Stange, DDS & Associates - The dental office of Dr. Fred Stange, in midtown Manhattan, offers everything New Yorkers expect from a dentist in NYC. and just a little bit extra. From teeth whitening to dental implants to Invisalign braces, Dr. Stange and his team deliver personalized cosmetic dental care with a gentle, caring touch.