World's Top 25 Biggest & Best Auto Events & Shows
An AUTO SHOW, also known as a motor show, is a public exhibition of current automobile models, debuts, concept cars, or out-of-production classics. It is commonly attended by automobile manufacturers. Most auto shows occur once or twice a year. They are vital to car manufacturers and local dealers as a public relations exercise, for advertising products, and for increasing publicity.
Auto Show News, Reviews & Resources
- 2nd Rolls-Royce Boat Tail Model to be Unveiled at Villa d’Este - "When Rolls-Royce took the veil off of the Boat Tail custom-build model back in May 2021, the company specified that it was one of three models built specifically to the customer’s request. The second car in this coachbuilt series is going to be revealed in May 2022, at the famous Concorso d’Eleganza Villa d’Este. The news was hidden deep in a press release issued today by the Bespoke division in Goodwood."
- 7 FUTURE-REVEALING DETAILS FROM 2018 GENEVA MOTOR SHOW - Wired.
- 11 Most Ridiculous Cars at the Geneva Motor Show 2016 - Wired.
- 18 hot cars we can't wait to see at the 2019 Geneva Motor Show - "The Geneva Motor Show is the first major European auto show of 2019. The show will feature the latest offerings from Aston Martin, Bentley, Audi, Mercedes-Benz, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Polestar, VW, Subaru, Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Mazda, and Pininfarina."
- 20 Barn-Find Ferraris To Be Auctioned At Monterey Car Week - "A collection of classic Ferrari road and race cars, hidden in a barn and unused for decades, will be auctioned in California next week between 17 and 19 August. The so-called ‘Lost & Found Collection’ consists of some of the rarest Ferraris ever built, including one of just three factory-built examples of the 512 BB Competizione, presented exactly as it was after competing in the 1978 24 Hours of Le Mans. There’s also a one-of-four 250 GT, and the crumbled wreck of a 1954 500 Mondial Spider Series I that raced at both the Mille Miglia and Targa Florio. To be auctioned by RM Sotheby’s during Monterey Car Week in California later this month, the 20-car set could sell for $20 million."
- ’75 Years of Porsche’ exhibition inaugurated by HSH Prince Albert - "Twelve of the most iconic Porsche cars have temporarily taken their place on Quai Albert-1er in the newly relocated and refreshed Car Collection of HSH Prince Albert, in an exciting exhibition organised by the Circle des Amis de la Collection Princier in collaboration with the Porsche Museum in Stuttgart."
- 2018 DETROIT AUTO SHOW IN PICTURES - The Verge.
- 2018 Geneva Motor Show preview - The Telegraph.
- 2018 Geneva motor show preview - Autocar.
- 2023 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP RACE CALENDAR | F1 Schedule 2023 - "Kicking off in Bahrain on March 5 and concluding in Abu Dhabi on November 26, the season will feature a record-breaking 24 races, with China and Qatar set to return, and Las Vegas arriving as the penultimate round for a Saturday night race. Check out the Formula 1 calendar for 2023, including the inaugural Las Vegas Grand Prix. Click on any Grand Prix for full F1 schedule details, dates, times & full weekend program. Subject to circuit homologation."
- 2023 Monterey Car Week Celebrates The World’s Best Cars & Car Events - "Monterey Car Week is back to full strength after its brief Covid contraction the past 2 years, with this year’s vibrant, well-attended week featuring the traditional headline events: the Pebble Beach Tour d’Elegance, The Quail - A Motorsports Gathering, the Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion, and the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance."
- AUTO SHOW - Wikipedia.
- Bentley Brought Six Public Premieres to the 2021 Monterey Car Week - "Bentley officially marked its return to public events in the United States with six premieres showcased over the weekend at the 2021 Monterey Car Week. Run in accordance with CDC’s guidelines, the four-day event brought together three vehicles from Mulliner’s portfolio, as well as the electrified versions of the Flying Spur and Bentayga, and the Continental GT Speed Convertible, among others."
- Bespoke Rolls-Royce Spectre, Ghost Builds To Bow At Salon PrivÉ Concours 2023 - "Two all-electric Spectres and two Ghosts will be showcased at Blenheim Palace in Oxfordshire, UK. Rolls-Royce at Salon Privé 2023."
- China’s automakers take the world by storm with electric vehicle push - "Chinese makers of electric vehicles have come out in force for this week’s IAA Mobility auto show in Munich, Germany."
- Classic car glossary - an A-Z of classic car vocabulary - The Telegraph.
- Frankfurt Motor Show: Love, hate & electric cars - "I have a love-hate relationship with international motor shows such as this week's extravaganza in Frankfurt."
- Geneva goes electric: 2019 Motor Show - in pictures - "Electric cars featured heavily at the 89th annual motoring showcase event in Switzerland, as manufacturers rolled out new electric and hybrid models to address tougher emissions requirements in Europe. SUVs and SUV-like crossovers also had a good showing, in addition to new prestige and performance models and concepts from car makers."
- Geneva Motor Show 2018: latest news & live coverage - AutoExpress.
- Jaguar I-Pace cleans up at 2019 World Car Awards - "Jaguar's electric crossover took home three awards at the 2019 New York Auto Show."
- List of auto shows and motor shows by continent - Wikipedia.
- Live updates from the 2019 Frankfurt Motor Show - "Bentley is selling 12 copies of its 1929 'Blower' - its most valuable classic car today."
- Major Rare & Vintage Car Shows Making A Comeback This Spring & Summer 2021 - "The car world has seen its share of highs and lows over the past year, but one thing is for certain; automotive events and showcases are roaring back to life this summer, and they’ve had enough time to prepare for a comeback like no other."
- Malibu cars and coffee events with Jay Leno & Jerry Seinfeld in trouble - "Malibu is home to some of the wealthiest people on the planet, and now a few of them are arguing over a parking lot. The lot is at the crossroads of the Pacific Coast Highway and Cross Creek Road. It's where a few Hollywood stars spend their time every Sunday. And the city isn't happy."
- Meet the Swankiest People of America’s Swankiest Car Competition - Wired.
- Monterey Car Week 2021: The Car Fanatic’s Dream Week Returns - Forbes.
- Munich to host the new-style IAA 2021 - "VDA Managing Board tasks the German Association of the Automotive Industry with final contract negotiations. Bavarian capital offers attractive event locations, excellent traffic infrastructure and expertise in organizing major events."
- New York Auto Show is now fully canceled - "The Javits Center is still being used as a field hospital."
- Owning a Car Will Soon Be as Quaint as Owning a Horse - "The shift away from private vehicles will happen faster than we think."
- See the stylish & confusing vehicles from the Paris Auto Show - engadget.
- See The Top 100 Collector Cars To Include Rare & Exotic Ferraris, Bugattis & Lamborghinis - "One hundred of history’s rarest, most inventive, artistic, sculptural and emotional motor cars are gathered on the pages of a new double-volume book. Authored by husband-and-wife team Charlotte and Peter Fiell, 'Ultimate Collector Cars' features the world’s most significant classic and contemporary cars, almost all of which are in private collections making rare appearances at Concours d'Elegance, Villa d’Este and other such luxurious events."
- SHOW CAR - Wikipedia.
- The Best Cars & Trucks (And One Cool Camper) At The 2020 Chicago Auto Show - Forbes.
- The Best New Supercars, Roadsters And Three Cool Concepts From The 2020 Geneva Motor Show - "Every year, Europe’s automakers head to the Geneva International Motor Show to roll out their latest and greatest creations. Though not the largest auto expo of the year, Geneva is by far the most opulent. There are always plenty of head-turning supercars, glamorous luxury roadsters and lots of sleek concept cars to lust after."
- The Best Of Monterey Car Week 2022 In Photos - Forbes.
- The best, worst & weirdest cars at the 2018 New York Auto Show - The Verge.
- The Bridge VI 2022: Discovering This Year’s Gems At The Racing World’s Most Exclusive Garden Party - Forbes.
- There are auto shows, and then there is Geneva - The Verge.
- Top Marques aims for the moon in 2023 edition - Top Marques returns to Monaco in June with an extraordinary line up of the world’s most iconic supercars from yesterday, today, and tomorrow - for sale and ready to drive home, the organisers said in a press release. Exceptionally rare hypercars and classic cars as well as the worldwide launch of an electric rover heading for the Moon are all on the agenda for this year’s Top Marques Monaco, being held at the Grimaldi Forum from June 7 to 11.
- Turin Auto Show - (1900-2000). (Italian: Salone dell'Automobile di Torino) was an auto show held annually in Turin, Italy.
World's Top 25 International & National Auto Shows Calendar
- Amelia Island Concours d’ Elegance - since 1996. "Now in its third decade, the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance is among the top automotive events in the world. 'The Amelia' draws more than 300 rare vehicles from collections around the world to The Golf Club of Amelia Island, The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island for a celebration of the automobile like no other." March 2-5, 2023 at The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island and The Golf Club of Amelia Island, Florida, U.S.A.
- 18th AUTO CHINA | Beijing International Automotive Exhibition - Established in year 1990, Beijing International Automotive Exhibition, also known as Auto China, has been successfully held for 16 consecutive editions. Being held every two years in Beijing, Auto China has been well recognized as one of the most important automotive fairs in the world. Auto China has won global recognition in many aspects, including the fair scale, number of exhibitors and visitors, media's participation, etc. Auto China is devoted to develop as one of the most valuable and influential exhibitions for both OE and Aftermarket in China. It has now become one of three top auto shows in the world along with Frankfurt and Detroit. April 21-30, 2024.
- 20th AUTO SHANGHAI - since 1985. Officially known as the Shanghai International Automobile Industry Exhibition is a biennial international automobile show that alternates with the Beijing Auto Show (Auto China) as China's yearly international automotive exhibition. April 5-8, 2023.
- Bologna Motor Show - (1976–2019). (Known as the Salone internazionale dell'auto e della moto di Bologna in Italian) was an auto show which was scheduled to be held annually in December, in Bologna, Italy. The editions of 2009 and 2012 were the shortest events in its history, whereas the editions of 2013 and 2015 were not held, due to unfavourable economic conditions initially, and a lack of planning by new organizers and diminished interest by exhibitors, respectively. The edition of 2018 was also cancelled as well, with the format of the show completely changed by 2019.
- CHICAGO AUTO SHOW - since 1901. Held annually in February at Chicago's McCormick Place convention complex. the largest auto show in North America and the third largest in the world (Frankfurt is #1 and Paris is #2, although those shows are biennial). February 9-10, 2023.
- CONCORSO D'ELEGANZA VILLA D'ESTE - since 1929. "he most distinguished of all events celebrating the charisma of historic cars." The Concorso d’Eleganza Villa d’Este owes its privileged status among the world’s most prestigious heritage events for historic vehicles to a number of unique attributes. These include the elegance of the event, its long and illustrious tradition, the unrivalled flair experienced at the majestic Grand Hotel Villa d’Este on the shores of Lake Como and the small, select groups of participants. May 19-21, 2023.
- DETROIT AUTO SHOW - annual auto show since 1907. North American International Auto Show. Annual auto show held in Detroit, Michigan at TCF Center, formerly known as Cobo Hall and Cobo Center. Public Show: September 17-25, 2022.
- 15th Dubai International Motor Show - since 1989. Bennial auto show held in the Emirate of Dubai, in the United Arab Emirates. Due to the high interest of expensive cars in Dubai, it attracts many major car manufactures, tuning companies and other related companies, including major super car manufacturers. Venue: Dubai World Trade Centre. Probably November, 2022.
- ESSEN MOTOR SHOW - since 1968. "Germany’s version of SEMA". It has been described as "the showcase event of the year for the tuning community" and as the German version of the annual SEMA auto show in Las Vegas. As contrasted with the Frankfurt Auto Show, the Essen show is smaller and is focused on car tuning and racing interests. Essen Motor Show was the world's biggest car tuning fair before SEMA. December 3-11, 2022.
- FESTIVAL AUTOMOBILE INTERNATIONAL - since 1986. "Haute-Savoie was for many years the host of this election. In 2001, this event became The International Automobile Festival, after leaving the montagne for Place Vendôme, Paris. In 2006, the Festival moved to the Grand Palais two years in a row. In 2008, the Festival reached a new step with a double premiere by organizing a major public exhibition of Concept Cars in an exceptional place, the Invalides. Since then, the Festival has taken up residence at the foot of the Dôme des Invalides. Every year, the event presents the most beautiful Concept Card and exceptional cars during 4 days." December 2, 2021 - January 16, 2022.
- GENEVA INTERNATIONAL MOTOR SHOW - since 1905. French: Salon International de l'Auto. Annual auto show held in March. The show is hosted at the Geneva Palexpo | Palais des Expositions et des Congrès, Route François-Peyrot 30, 1218 Le Grand-Saconnex, a convention centre located next to the Geneva Cointrin International Airport. February 14-19, 2023.
- IAA MOBILITY - since 1897. The International MobilityShow Germany or simply International Mobility Show, in German known as the Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA - International Automobile Exhibition), is the world's largest mobility show. It is held annually, with passenger vehicles, motorcycles and bikes being displayed as the IAA Mobility Show in odd-numbered years in Munich, and IAA Transportation for commercial vehicles in even-numbered years in Hanover, Germany. Before 1991, the show was held solely in Frankfurt. World´s leading automotive fair 2023 at Messe Munich exhibition center, Germany. September 5-10, 2023.
- LA AUTO SHOW - since 1907. Los Angeles Auto Show. Annual auto show held at the Los Angeles Convention Center in late November/early December. November 18-27, 2022.
- Malibu Cars and Coffee - since 2001. "On the 2nd and 4th Sundays of every month, Southern California's top enthusiasts will enjoy a beautiful drive down the coast to meet at Malibu Bluffs Park." Malibu Bluffs Park, 24250 Pacific Coast Hwy (9032,23 km), Malibu, CA 90265, U.S.A. July 24 & August 14, 2022.
- Monterey Car Week - since 2014. Week in August in which a number of car-related events are held in and around Monterey, California, U.S.A. August 12-21, 2022.
- NEW YORK INTERNATIONAL AUTO SHOW - since 1900. Annual auto show that is held in Manhattan in late March or early April. It is held at the Jacob Javits Convention Center. It usually opens on or just before Easter weekend and closes on the first Sunday after Easter. April 7-16, 2023.
- NORTH AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL AUTO SHOW | NAIAS - annual auto show since 1907. Detroit Auto Show. Hosted in Detroit, Michigan, for over a century, since 1965 the show has been held at TCF Center, formerly known as Cobo Hall and Cobo Center, where it occupies nearly 1 million square feet (93,000 sq m) of floor space. Public Show: September 17-25, 2022.
- PARIS MOTOR SHOW - since 1898. Biennial auto show in Paris, France. The first motor show in the world, started in 1898 by industry pioneer, Albert de Dion. Held around October, it is one of the most important auto shows, often with many new production automobile and concept car debuts. The show presently takes place in Paris expo Porte de Versailles. October 17-23, 2022.
- PEBBLE BEACH CONCOURS D'ELEGANCE - first conducted in 1950. "An Unmatched Tradition of Automotive Excellence." The Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance is often said to be the world’s premier celebration of the automobile. "Once each year, on the third Sunday in August, about 200 of the most prized collector cars and motorcycles in the world roll onto the fairway of what is often called the best finishing hole in golf - the famed eighteenth at Pebble Beach Golf Links." Join us Sunday, August 21, 2022 for the 70th Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance.
- 7th Qatar Motor Show - since 2011. Annual international motor show held in Doha, Qatar. It is held each January at the Doha Exhibitions Centre. The debut motor show was in 2011 which had 90,000 attendees. The 2012 show grew to 120,000 visitors from around the Persian Gulf region. It features new models as well as supercars, concept cars, custom cars from style centers and automotive designers. Outdoor demonstrations of motocross and drifting are featured as well as test driving. Probably October, 2022.
- SEMA | Specialty Equipment Market Association SHOW - since 1967. "The premier automotive specialty products trade event in the world. It draws the industry’s brightest minds and hottest products to one place, the Las Vegas Convention Center." November 1-4, 2022.
- Swiss Classic World - since 2014. Venue: Lucerne. High-quality classic car show focussing on classic cars. June 2-4, 2023.
- Techno Classica Essen - since 1989. "World Show for Vintage, Classic and Prestige Automobiles, Motorcycles and Spare Parts, Restoration and World Club Meeting." The World's Greatest Classic Car Show. 2014 Event: 190,400 visitors from 41 countries! Over 1250 exhibitors from 41 countries! Over 120,000 square metres of exhibition floor space in 17 halls! Approximately 2500 automobiles for sale! Over 220 presentations from clubs and museums! April 12-16, 2023.
- The Bridge - since 2016. "In its first year in September 2016, the event brought together nearly 60 post-war sports and racing vehicles on the greens of Bridgehampton's exclusive golf club, The Bridge, pairing amazing machines with an automobile inspired installation by artist Richard Prince. The inaugural gathering united the worlds of cars and art in a new and original way and paved the way for the following years, hosting up to 160 automobiles with an extended art component featuring revered galleries of Manhattan." Bridgehampton, New York, U.S.A. September 17, 2022.
- TOKYO AUTO SALON - since 1983. Annual auto show held in January at the Makuhari Messe, Chiba City, Japan for Performance and custom dress-up parts and technology display. Mid January, 2023.
- Tokyo Motor Show - since 1954. Biennial auto show held in October-November at the Tokyo Big Sight, Tokyo, Japan for cars, motorcycles and commercial vehicles. Amid the global pandemic, Tokyo Motor Show 2021, which was to have been held in October this year, has been cancelled because of the difficulty of providing, in a safe and secure environment, a show program that allows participants to experience “hands on” the appeal of mobility. The next show will be a leading-edge “Tokyo Mobility Show” whose planning is already underway. Late October - Early November, 2023.
- TOP MARQUES MONACO - since 2004. "The Only Live Supercar Show in the World." See it, drive it, buy it! Grimaldi Forum: June 8-11, 2023.
- TURIN AUTO SHOW - (1900–2000, 2015–2019). (Italian: Salone dell'Automobile di Torino) was an auto show held annually in Turin, Italy. The event was last held in Turin in June 2000, and cancelled from February 2002, resulting in the Bologna Motor Show taking over the role of Italy's International Motor Show. From 2015 to 2019, Turin again held a Motor Show, albeit as an open air festival to keep exhibitors' costs down, and provide free access to the public.
- Velocity Invitational - "A Luxury Motorsports Festival." Over 250+ of the rarest and most valuable race cars on the planet will participate. 1021 Monterey Salinas Hwy, Salinas, CA 93908, U.S.A. October 14-16, 2022.