World's 15 Best & Most Famous Chocolate Museums
Chocolate Museum News, Reviews & Resources
- 10 Amazing Chocolate Museums Around the World - "I live to eat. I travel for food. But there’s a higher calling out there, and you’re about to discover it (and, subsequently, make some travel plans of your own). Yes. It’s true. There’s a whole WORLD of Chocolate Museums (swoon). These museums educate about the entire history of chocolate, as well as the processes of making chocolate."
- 10 tempting chocolate museums around the world - "Calling all chocoholics! To celebrate World Chocolate Day, we reveal the world's tastiest and most tempting chocolate museums..."
- CHOCOLATE MUSEUMS IN THE WORLD - "I found out there is no good list of chocolate museums in world so I created my own list here below. Please inform me, if you know about chocolate museum which is not listed here or if you know more about these ones!"
- list of chocolate museums - Wikipedia.
- Top 15 Best Chocolate Destinations in the World - "Chocolate makes you happy and you can't even deny it. So why not take a look at 15 countries and places that are devoted to chocolate and therefore indirectly to your happiness?"
Top 15 Greatest Chocolate Museums
- Brussels Museum of Cocoa & Chocolate - since 1998. "Also known as The Choco Story or Het Museum van Cacao en Chocolade or Le Musée du Cacao et du Chocolat. Two floors of museum exhibition. First floor has information about where cocoa is grown and how are beans transformed from fruit seeds into chocolate. Second floor is a display of how was cacao eaten historically when it was brought to Europe, display of curious Belgian chocolates and some myth busters. All that is complimented by historical paintings, photos and posters. The chocolatier will show you the process of making various chocolates, pralines and decorative sweets. It lasts about 15 minutes and you are offered tasting through the process." Rue de la Tête d’Or 9-11, 1000 Brussels, Belgium.
- CANDY AMERICANA MUSEUM - Wilbur Chocolate - since 1884. "Am American Original." 45 N. Broad St., Lititz, Pa, U.S.A.
- CHEZ CAMILLE BLOCH - since 1929. "Come to experience a magic moment at Chez Camille Bloch, the Visitor Center for the Ragusa and Torino brands, in our production facility at Courtelary in the beautiful region of Chasseral, Switzerland. Easily accessible by road and rail yet still wonderfully preserved, we can promise you a unique and authentic experience that will awake all your senses. Far more than just a chocolate museum, CHEZ Camille Bloch will take you on a voyage of flavours and discoveries where you yourself are one of the participants. Come to spend an unforgettable moment in our company, savour life to the full and share our passion for chocolate."
- CHOCOLATE HOUSE - The Chocolate House can be found close to the former Meddievall fortification founded by Emperor Charles IV., not far from Vysehrad. The museum is divided into 9 parts: history of chocolate and her journey from America to Europe, cultivation of cacao, chocolate manufacturing, production demonstrations, history of chocolate in the Czech lands, the list of selected present confectionery producer in the Czech Republic, a collection of historical packaging, a unique collection of paintings, painted chocolate Vladomír from the Czech Republic, chocolate workshops where everyone can make their own chocolates, chocolate paint of a picture or sculpt on a piece of plastic chocolate. Oldřichova 225/20, Prague, the Czech Republic.
- CHOCOLATE MUSEUM - "The Chocolate Museum in Jeju is the only chocolate museum in Asia designated as one of world’s top 10 chocolate museums. It displays a variety of exhibits that describe the history of chocolate. You can buy chocolate made on site at the museum shop and also see how it is produced." 144 llijuseo-ro, 3,000 beongil, Daejeong-eup, Seogwipo-si, Jeju-do, South Korea.
- CHOCOLATE MUSEUM COLOGNE - since 1993. "Get an exciting insight into the five-thousand-year history of cocoa, covering the mystical ceremonies of Central America and the luxury drink of the European aristocracy through to instantly available treat that it has become today. We show you the 5000-year history of cocoa and bring together its chronology and range of subjects under a single roof." Schokoladenmuseum, Am Schokoladenmuseum 1a, Cologne, Germany.
- CHOCOLATE MUSEUM in Strasbourg - since 2003. "Partager la passion du chocolat." Located on the Schaal production site, close to Strasbourg, the Secrets of Chocolate museum invites you on a voyage of discovery through the Schaal chocolate factory, past and present, tracing the route of the cocoa bean from Ecuador all the way to Alsace. Uncover all our secrets, as you visit the new museum, making your way through three immersive spaces: Revealing the secrets of our production: Make your way through the chocolate museum and uncover all the production secrets of Schaal, the chocolatier of chocolatiers. Young and old, everyone will delight in tasting our chocolate delicacies. Les Secrets du Chocolat par Schaal: Rue du Pont Du Péage, 67118 Geispolsheim, Strasbourg, France.
- Chocolatrium | Chocolate Museum - since 1948. "Discover the chocolate history and how it evolved throughout the centuries on a privately guided chocolate tour. See the wonders of the Plantation & craftsmanship of Cluizel French chocolate. Taste our unique French chocolate and other chocolate treats. Options include lunch, dinner, or pair the tasting with your very own favorite liquor or wine!" Chocolat Michel Cluizel Store & Chocolate Tours, Cooper Run Executive Park, 575 Route 73 North, Building D-5, West Berlin NJ 08091, U.S.A.
- Choco-Story museum Prague - since 2008. "Welcome to the largest and the most entertaining chocolate museum in the Czech Republic. The Choco-Story Chocolate Museum has been in Prague since 2008. It belongs to a family of museums with branches in Belgium, France, Mexico and Lebanon. With its unique private collection, Choco-Story Prague is one of the Top 10 most visited chocolate museums in the world.Located in the very heart of Prague. Just 2 minutes walk from Old Town Square and the Orloj astronomical clock in Celetna 10 street, it is a must-see destination for everyone on their way to discover the magic city. Taste different types of chocolate from all over the world, watch the live production of fine Belgian pralines, or visit our cinema to find out were cacao grows and travels to become your favorite sweet treat." Celetná 10, Prague 1, Czech Republic.
- Hershey's Chocolate World - since 1973. "Discover all things chocolatey and fun at Hershey's Chocolate World Attraction! Embark on a journey to learn and see how chocolate is made on a free tour ride, share and savor delicious Hershey's-inspired drinks and treats, shop for one-of-a-kind souvenirs and gifts, and have a chocolate-inspired adventure to remember!" Hershey, 101 Chocolate World Way, Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
- Mucho Mondo Chocolate - since 2012. "Elevating the Mexican culture of cocoa and chocolate." A place for inspiration and creativity.
The museum is an inclusive institution welcoming diverse visitors. Calle Milan 45, Juárez, 06600 Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico.
- MUSEU DE LA XOCOLATA | Chocolate Museum - since 2000. "The Chocolate Museum is a dynamic facility promoted by the Barcelona Confectionery Guild and located in the former Sant Agustí monastery. The Chocolate Museum provides a journey through the origins of chocolate: its arrival in Europe, its spread as an element between myth and reality, its medicinal properties and nutritional value and relating tradition with the future and forming part of our collective imagination. The Chocolate Museum is located in a historic building that already had a relationship with chocolate: in the 18th century the Bourbon army was a fanatical consumer of chocolate and, according to the ordinances, chocolate was present on the menus of the 18th-century military academies." Carrer Comerç 36, 08003 Barcelona, Spain.
- NESTLÉ CHOCOLATE MUSEUM - since 2007. Km 5, Av. Paseo Tollocan & Calle Leonardo Da Vinci, Delegación Sta Ana Tlapaltitlán, Toluca de Lerdo, Méx., Mexico.
- Phillip Island Chocolate Factory - "Without a doubt, the Phillip Island Chocolate Factory is the sweetest and most addictive attraction on Phillip Island! Everyone needs to experience it." 930 Phillip Island Rd, Newhaven, VIC 3925, Australia.
- THE CHOCOLATE MUSEUM | Choco-Story Bruges - since 2008. "Discover the world of chocolate. Welcome to Choco-Story Bruges, our chocolate museum in Belgium. The Chocolate Museum is a source of data and historical, geographical and botanical information as well as recipes for - industrial and individual chocolate makers. Young or old, passionate chocoholic or simply interested, the Chocolate Museum will stimulate your fascination. Innumerable authentic artefacts will undoubtedly capture the hearts of historians too." Wijnzakstraat 2 (Sint-Jansplein), 8000 Bruges, Belgium.
- THE CHOCOLATE MUSEUM | Le MusÉe du Chocolat - since 1999. "Discover the Wonder of Chocolate." At the Museum, you will explore the history of the Ganong family and the wonder of chocolate with our hands-on exhibits, vintage chocolate boxes, and antique candy-making equipment and machines. Explore exhibits and hands-on displays, examine vintage chocolate boxes and machines, and peek into the studio where Ganong’s famous hand dippers still craft chocolates the way they have for over one hundred years. 73 Milltown Blvd., St. Stephen ("Canada's Chocolate Town"), New Brunswick, Canada.
- THE CHOCOLATE WRAPPERS MUSEUM - since 1999. "Collection of chocolate wrappers from entire world." About 39,050 scanned chocolate wrappers. There are usually up to 30 wrappers at each site and short history about companies and wrappers. All wrappers are real from my collection, just scanned for this web site.