World's Top 35 Best High-End Rehabilitation Centers
"It's so weird that I went to rehab. I always said that I would die before I went to rehab. But I thought, 'I'm going to stay here tonight.' And I stayed there for a month. It was great." - Lindsay Lohan.
"I saw 28 Days. I don't remember rehab being like a day camp or being that funny. Rehab is a dumping ground. It's a big landfill." - Charlie Sheen.
Drug REHABILITATION is the process of medical or psychotherapeutic treatment for dependency on psychoactive substances such as alcohol, prescription drugs, and street drugs such as marijuana, cocaine, heroin or amphetamines. The general intent is to enable the patient to confront substance dependence, if present, and cease substance abuse to avoid the psychological, legal, financial, social, and physical consequences that can be caused, especially by extreme abuse.
Treatment includes medication for depression or other disorders, counseling by experts and sharing of experience with other addicts.
Psychological dependency is addressed in many drug rehabilitation programs by attempting to teach the patient new methods of interacting in a drug-free environment. In particular, patients are generally encouraged, or possibly even required, to not associate with peers who still use the addictive substance. Twelve-step programs encourage addicts not only to stop using alcohol or other drugs, but to examine and change habits related to their addictions. Many programs emphasize that recovery is a permanent process without culmination. For legal drugs such as alcohol, complete abstention - rather than attempts at moderation, which may lead to relapse - is also emphasized ("One is too many, and a thousand is never enough.")
A TWELVE-STEP PROGRAM is a set of guiding principles outlining a course of action for recovery from addiction, compulsion, or other behavioral problems. Originally proposed by Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) as a method of recovery from alcoholism. As summarized by the American Psychological Association, the process involves the following: admitting that one cannot control one's alcoholism, addiction or compulsion; recognizing a higher power that can give strength; examining past errors with the help of a sponsor (experienced member); making amends for these errors; learning to live a new life with a new code of behavior; helping others who suffer from the same alcoholism, addictions or compulsions.
Rehabilitation Center News, Reviews & Resources
- 9 Extravagant Rehab Centers For The Rich And Famous - Business Insider.
- 10 of the Most Luxury Drug Treatment Centers in the World - Rehabs.com.
- ADDICTION REHAB IS BROKEN. CAN TECHNOLOGY FIX IT? - Wired.
- Alcoholics Anonymous - Wikipedia.
- Alcoholism - Wikipedia.
- Brain fog, fatigue, breathlessness. Rehab centers are being set up across Europe to treat the long-term effects of coronavirus - "For much of Europe, the peak of Covid-19 infections has passed. But while hospitals are no longer awash with acute cases, there are thousands of people who had either confirmed or suspected Covid and, weeks or months later, say they are far from fully recovered."
- Drug & alcohol rehabilitation centers - Wikipedia.
- Drug rehabilitation - Wikipedia.
- FIND THE RIGHT ADDICTION TREATMENT - "Finding the right addiction treatment for yourself or your loved one shouldn’t be difficult. Let TopRehabs connect you with the best treatment program for your needs."
- 'Game of Thrones' star checks into wellness retreat - "Kit Harington checks into wellness retreat after 'Game of Thrones' finale."
- ‘One billionaire at a time’: inside the Swiss clinics where the super-rich go for rehab - "For the ultra-wealthy and the super-famous, regular therapy won’t do."
- Rehab Reviews - since 2007. "7902 Rehabs Reviewed." The world's largest & most trusted resource for rehab reviews. Rehab reviews researched by sober addicts with full knowledge of the treatment world as well as articles, videos and podcasts about addiction and recovery.
- Rehabs.com - since 2012. "At Rehabs.com, we are proud to connect people with top rehab centers across the U.S.A. Our growing network of top tier alcohol and drug rehabs, including executive treatment and luxury rehabilitation options, allows you to find help close to home, or as far away as you'd like for a clean break."
- The London Clinic - since 1932. Private healthcare organisation based in central London. It is one of England’s largest private hospitals. Although it maintains several consulting rooms in the traditional doctors' street of Harley Street, the main hospital site is on the corner of Devonshire Place and the Marylebone Road.
- Twelve-step program - Wikipedia.
- UK Addiction Treatment Centres - "We will help you beat your addiction."
- Veterans and Addiction: A Guide for 2019 - Silvermist Recovery.
- Western addicts head to Thailand to detox - "Rehab in paradise."
- Where The Rich And Famous Go For Addiction Treatment - Forbes.
Top 35 Best High-End Rehabilitation Centers
- 12 Step Treatment Centres.com - is a modern definitive guide for 12 Step Treatment Centres throughout the world. We are based in the UK and have registered many addiction treatment, drug treatment, drug abuse treatment, alcohol abuse treatment, addiction rehabs, drug rehabs, alcohol rehabs plus other related facilities on the guide since we began. So whether you are looking to book a place in a drug rehabilitation unit or you are a service owner, we hope this guide helps provide you with the necessary information and help for everything connected with your needs.
- Beachway Therapy Center - since 2008. "Live Free From Addiction." Break free of the grip of substance abuse and addiction today. How? With the help of the dedicated team and holistic approach at Beachway Therapy Center. Delray Beach, South Florida, U.S.A.
- BETTY FORD CENTER - founded in 1982. Residential day treatment for alcohol and other drug addictions. Celebrity clientele: David Hasselhoff, Keith Urban, Jerry Lee Lewis, Ozzy Osbourne, Chevy Chase, Drew Barrymore, Billy Joel, Liza Minnelli, Bobby Brown, Elizabeth Taylor, Stevie Nicks, Johnny Cash, Alice Cooper. Rancho Mirage, CA 92270, U.S.A.
- Caron Pennsylvania - since 1957. "Alcohol Rehab. Drug Treatment Center. Addiction Recovery". Caron Treatment Centers is a nationally recognized non-profit provider of alcohol and drug addiction treatment. With nearly 60 years in the field, Caron is one of the oldest and largest drug and alcohol addiction treatment center organizations. Wernersville, PA, U.S.A.
- CIRQUE LODGE - since 1999. "A safe palce to heal and recover." Drug rehab, alcohol and drug treatment. Offers luxury accommodations in a beautiful location as well as a good treatment program. This is a very private treatment center with room for only 16 people at a time. Many celebrities have chosen a stay at Cirque Lodge to recover from their addictions. Celebrity clientele: Lindsay Lohan, Mary-Kate Olsen, Eva Mendes, Kirsten Dunst. Sundance, UT, U.S.A.
- Cliffside Malibu - since 2005. "World Class Luxury Drug and Alcohol Treatment Center." A personalized alcohol or drug rehab program, designed just for you, by highly experienced professionals with a proven track record of helping people overcome their addictions for good!
Cliffside Malibu is a premier residential treatment center where cutting edge, evidence-based psychotherapy and analysis meet world class drug and alcohol addiction treatment, medically supervised detoxification and holistic medicine. Malibu, CA, U.S.A.
- COTTONWOOD Tucson - since 1987. "At Cottonwood Tucson we are dedicated to providing innovative and evidenced-based holistic behavioral health treatment in an environment characterized by safety and respect for our residents, family members and staff. Our commitment is to exceed community standards in the professional practice of medicine, nursing and psychotherapy." Tuscon, AZ, U.S.A.
- Crossroads Centre - since 1998. "Addiction Treatment Without Distraction." Not-for-profit drug and alcohol addiction centre, was founded by guitarist Eric Clapton and officially opened in 1998. Its ‘Model of Recovery’ sees patients take part in a 12-step residential treatment programme over a 29-day period, and for at least two years after they leave Crossroads they will be supported by its Alumni Coordinator. Celebrity clientele: Britney Spears, Whitney Houston, Colin Farrell, Billy Joel. Antigua.
- DARA Thailand - "Drug and Alcohol Rehab in Thailand." Alcohol Rehab. Private, Discreet Rehab Facility. We successfully rehabilitate our clients by removing them from the daily stress and triggers that fueled their substance abuse and addiction. Once they are in a safe environment, away from drugs and alcohol, they can concentrate on the process of learning to live a life free of substance abuse. Get help today. Admissions counselors are available 24/7.
- Exodus Recovery - "Since 1989 Exodus Recovery, Inc. (Exodus) has been providing quality psychiatric and chemical dependency treatment services to Southern California communities. Total health care incorporating the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of each client." 8401 S Vermont Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90044, U.S.A.
- Hazelden - since 1949. "Our evidence-based addiction treatment practices provide you with the best foundation for lifelong recovery. In addition to our acclaimed residential addiction treatment and extended care programs, we specialize in addiction treatment for those with co-occurring trauma disorders." The Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation has 17 sites throughout the United States, 14 of those being alcohol and drug addiction treatment centers designed to fit your specific needs and lifestyle.
- Nishan Foundation - since 2009. "You didn't plan for rehab? But we did it for you." Leading state-of-the-art providing drug addiction and alcoholism rehabilitation services in Pakistan. Our treatment programs provide rehabilitation services for drug addiction, alcoholism, and co-occurring mental health and substance abuse disorders (dual diagnosis) panic attacks and social phobias. Islamabad, Pakistan.
- Paracelsus Recovery - since 2012. "Luxury Rehab Clinic in Switzerland | A Place of Healing, Safety & Care." The world's most private and discreet addiction and mental health clinic, with a team of over 15 doctors and therapists focusing solely on one client at a time. Two centers, one in Switzerland and one in the United Kingdom, where teams of renowned experts ensure your recovery. Offering private and luxurious residences that can be used as a home away from home. Utoquai 43, 8008 Zurich, Switzerland.
- PASSAGES MALIBU - since 2001. "Addiction Ends Here. Rated the Number One Rehab in the World. World's most luxurious addiction rehab center where addiction can be permanently healed using non 12-step, advanced holistic addiction." Celebrity clientele: Mel Gibson, David Hasselhoff, Andy Dick, Natasha Lyonne, Stephen Baldwin. Located in the serene, private hills of Malibu, California, U.S.A.
- Phoenix House - since 1967. "Recovery Happens. Treatment works." Nonprofit drug and alcohol rehabilitation organization operating in ten states with 150 programs. Programs serve individuals, families, and communities affected by substance abuse and dependency.
- Priory Group - since 1980. "Rehabilitation, Treatment, Specialist Education, Secure Care." Offers a range of services at its 250 sites, from mental health and addiction treatments, to neuro-rehabilitation services and care homes. England, U.K.
- PrivÉ-Swiss - since 2001. "Excellence in Private Care." Confidential and effective mental health care programs to help overcome depression, anxiety, trauma, addictions and other mental health challenges. Provides luxury, private mental health treatment. Beautiful U.S. locations, CT and CA. 1-1 treatment programs for executives, celebrities, & more.
- Promis - "There is no better place to begin your treatment than in one of our clinics. With over 25 years of helping patients recover from the challenges of addiction and other co-occurring disorders, PROMIS provides an unparallelled range of services delivered by a complete team of qualified and passionate individuals. Treatment offered at PROMIS does not only address substance abuse and alcohol dependency but also other psychological issues such as anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder, depression) and eating disorders among others. Whether you need to seek addiction treatment for yourself or a loved one, you will find that all our clinics offer a peaceful setting that is family oriented. With locations across Europe, open 24/7, you can always turn to PROMIS for immediate assistance." Kent & London, England. U.K.
- PROMISES TREATMENT CENTERS - since 2004. "Mental Health & Addiction Treatment Centers." The most sophisticated treatment available in a setting that inspires lasting change. Alcohol addiction treatment. Celebrity clientele: Lindsay Lohan, Robert Downey, Jr., Andy Dick, Charlie Sheen, Matthew Perry, Britney Spears, Christian Slater, Diana Ross, Tim Allen, Ben Affleck. Malibu, California, U.S.A.
- Recovery Without Walls - since 2006. "Expert chronic pain and addiction treatment tailored to your needs." Coordinated, team based, compassionate care. Medically-directed treatments for those who suffer from Chronic Pain, and Trouble with Alcohol or Drugs. 1-on-1 treatment for alcohol issues, medication problems and chronic pain. Our exclusive approach does not require a 28 day residential stay. 3 Madrona St, Mill Valley, California, U.S.A.
- Serenity House - since 1985. "Life’s path is filled with the unpredictable, and sometimes requires a reroute. At Serenity House, our substance abuse specialists and community-centric support system help you develop new ways to approach life so you can gain the freedom to truly start living." Nonprofit, community-based treatment facility offering services to individuals recovering from substance use disorders. 891 S. Rohlwing Rd., Addison, IL, U.S.A.
- SIERRA TUSCON TREATMENT CENTER - since 1983. "Where Change Begins." Located in Tucson, Arizona, Sierra Tucson has been the premier residential treatment center in the nation, offering rehab programs for drug addiction, alcohol abuse, and mental health concerns like depression, anxiety, pain management and PTSD.
- Silver Hill Hospital - "Restoring Mental Health Since 1931." Nationally recognized, non-profit hospital for the treatment of psychiatric and addictive disorders, a unique and extraordinary place that people have relied on since 1931 to help them find the path back to mental health and wellness. Celebrity clientele: Nick Nolte, Mariah Carey, Billy Joel, Liza Minnelli and Truman Capote. New Canaan, Connecticut, U.S.A.
- SOBA Recovery Center - since 1951. "Freedom Awaits." Drug and Alcohol Treatment Center. We are an addiction treatment center with several locations in Malibu, CA and now San Antonio, TX and Mesa, AZ. At The SOBA Recovery Center, when we treat the underlying psychological disorders and the symptoms of addiction, we live by the creed that 'one size DOES NOT fit all.' The bottom line is we provide treatment modalities that work for you or your loved one. Our addiction treatment center is individualized, meaning we create a custom plan for you. 22669 Pacific Coast Highway, Malibu, California 90265, U.S.A.
- Sober Living by the Sea - since 1986. "Blending Traditional & Holistic Therapies for Lasting Recovery." A 30+-year history of providing compassionate and sophisticated addiction treatment in the Newport Beach community. Our network includes four unique programs, encompassing gender-specific addiction treatment, eating disorder treatment and transitional living in addition to co-occurring disorders such as depression and anxiety. We are able to provide treatment for every step of the recovery process, from detox to outpatient care, in order to address the needs of every individual. Newport Beach, Orange County, California, U.S.A.
- Talbot Recovery - since 1978. "Recovery Through Genuine Connections." Talbott Recovery is dedicated to providing compassionate, comprehensive treatment for co-occurring addiction and mental health disorders. Everything we do is aimed at helping people to find healing and develop the tools needed to maintain long-term recovery. 5355 Hunter Rd, Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.A.
- The Bay Retreats - founded in 2008. "Private One-to-One Treatment." The most advanced addiction treatment anywhere in the world. Evidence-based, private, residential, luxury rehab retreats for drug and alcohol addiction, dual diagnosis, depression, anxiety, and trauma. The Bay Retreats in Byron Bay Australia is a non 12 step bespoke rehab specialising in one-to-one care for mental health conditions (co-occurring disorders) that exist alongside substance abuse issues.
- The Dunes - since 2007. "Luxury Drug Rehab. Holistic Alcohol Treatment Center New York." The Dunes is a unique and comprehensive luxury alcohol and drug rehab center located in the beauty and serenity of East Hampton, New York. New York’s Premier Luxury Drug and Alcohol Rehab Center. Luxury drug rehab center offering holistic alcohol and drug addiction treatment in Manhattan, New York. Custom, successful rehab. East Hampton, New York, U.S.A.
- The Hills Treatment Center - since 2010." Luxury Rehab." The Hills Treatment Center is an exceptional drug rehabilitation facility in Los Angeles, dedicated to the most progressive addiction treatment and recovery modalities. The Hills offers a unique educational and therapeutic rehabilitation experience that aligns with the most highly regarded standards of drug addiction treatment. Los Angeles, CA, U.S.A.
- The LifeCo - since 2005. "Detox and Wellness Centres." Welcome to The LifeCo, where you can find everything you need to integrate healthier living into your lifestyle. We believe a balanced way to work towards optimal health is to follow the 75-25 rule, where you include healthier options in your life at least 75% of the time, and maintain your normal standard of living the other 25%. By following this rule, you will sense a noticeable difference in the way you look and feel and your overall well-being without having to completely compromise your current lifestyle. Phuket, Antalya, Bodrum and Bodrum Beach, Turkey.
- THE MEADOWS - since 1976. "The Most Trusted Name in Trauma & Addiction Treatment." The Meadows exists to heal your unresolved emotional trauma and provide you with the tools to transform your life. Whether you or someone you love is entering treatment for the first time, or a relapse occurs, The Meadows Model is unparalleled in producing successful outcomes for recovery and is a proven vanguard for treating trauma and addiction. Patients are treated with time-tested, holistic practices designed to heal the mind, body, and spirit. Celebrity clientele: Tiger Woods & Donatella Versace. Wickenburg, AZ, U.S.A.
- The Priory - founded in 1872. Mental health hospital in South West London with an international reputation and best known for the treatment of celebrities with various addictions. Located in South West London, the hospital has been described as the British equivalent of the Betty Ford Clinic in terms of its popular image. The Priory treats mild to moderate mental health issues, such as stress and anxiety, through outpatient treatments such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy as well as in-patient care for more severe psychiatric illness such as depression, psychotic illness, addictions or eating disorders. It has residential facilities for 107 patients. Roehampton, London, England, U.K.
- The Sanctuary Byron Bay - since 2004. "Private Luxury Drug & Alcohol Rehab." The Sanctuary Byron Bay is an exclusive, international therapeutic retreat offering integrated multi-disciplinary therapeutic programmes to treat addictions, alcoholism, anxiety and depression, grief and trauma (including PTSD) and chronic pain. New South Wales, Australia.
- withdrawal.org - since 1999. "Substance & Alcohol Withdrawal Education, Treatment and Prevention." Please use the website as an educational resource on the topic of withdrawal, addiction; substance abuse and alcoholism. Withdrawal.org is part of the non-profit network, The Treatment Partnership.