10 Most Expensive Women's Handbags In The World
Expensive Handbags News, Reviews & Resources
- $9.3 Million Birkin Bag Stolen At Airport Check-In Counter - "A bag with $9.3 million worth of valuables was stolen at the Emirates check-in counter at Barcelona Airport. Here's how this happened."
- 10 of the World’s Most Expensive Handbags - "Birkins That Bling, Chanel’s Crocodile Skin Flap Bag and More Brands With the Power of the Purse."
- 23 OF THE WORLD’S MOST EXPENSIVE PURSE BRANDS - "What makes Gucci, Chanel and Hermès handbags so high-end? In this list, we’ll discuss the history and unique characteristics of some of the most well-known luxury purse brands."
- 24 Most Expensive Handbags From World-Renowned Brands - "An expensive bag is not just a style accessory - it is also a worthwhile investment."
- $19,000 alligator bag destroyed over missing import permit - An alligator-skin handbag worth A$26,000 is to be destroyed after a woman imported it into Australia without a permit. Alligator-skin products are allowed to be imported into Australia, but shoppers must obtain an A$70 permit.
- A Diamond Encrusted Gucci Handbag Will Go On Auction at Christie’s - "A total of three one-of-a-kind Gucci Bamboo handbags will be auctioned off by Christie's on October 31, 2023. The most opulent of them all is made from sleek black leather with an 18-carat gold handle that’s encrusted with 927 diamonds (and an appropriate estimated sale price of $159,000 to $212,000)."
- Birkin bags have performed better than both the American stock market & the price of gold - The Telegraph.
- Birkin bags hit record prices even as the world ground to a halt during Covid. Here's why - "The desirability of an Hermès Birkin handbag - a symbol of rarefied wealth - is such that not even a global pandemic can dull demand for it. Instead, it has helped fire it up even more. The bags are getting scooped up at record premiums in the pandemic era, according to Birkin resellers. Auction house Christie's says that one of its two highest selling handbags in history is a Birkin made of crocodile skin that went for nearly $390,000 in November (The other was a Kelly bag, also from Hermès, that sold for close to $450,000)."
- Birkinomics: are these handbags a better investment than bricks & mortar? - The Guardian.
- Complete Guide to Buying & Selling a Birkin - "Sotheby's has a curated selection of Birkins available for immediate purchase. The available Birkins changes weekly since bags sell quickly."
- Goyard Has a Quota? - "We’ve all heard of Hermès and Chanel having a quota limit on their bags. But now Goyard has a quota too! Wait, what?"
- HermÈs Diamond Himalayan Birkin Bag Brings US$185,000 At Auction - Heritage Auctions.
- HermÈs Kelly Bag Fetches Record Price at Sotheby’s Auction - "The pearl-coloured Himalaya Retourne Kelly 25 bag fetched $346,802 at an auction in Paris last week."
- History of the bag: HermÈs Birkin - "The ultimate fashion symbol, the bag every woman dreams about; the Birkin Bag. This insanely popular Hermès bag is on many wishlists all over the world!"
- How Jane Birkin Helped Design HermÈs’ Most Popular Handbag - "Her Inspiration, Royalties and What She Really Thinks About Its Namesake. Jane Birkin, who died on Sunday at age 76, made her mark on French cinema and music, but she had just as much influence in the fashion world, serving as the inspiration behind Hermès’ best-selling handbag: the Birkin. Released in 1984, the iconic tote has become a universal status symbol, with Birkins boasting record-high resale prices and countless celebrity collectors."
- Inside the Delirious Rise of ‘Superfake’ Handbags - "Can you tell the difference between a $10,000 Chanel bag and a $200 knockoff? Almost nobody can, and it’s turning luxury fashion upside down."
- Luxury Investments Around the World Compared - infographic - "Do you enjoy the finer things in life? For many of the world’s wealthy individuals, acquiring luxury goods such as art, fine wine, and watches is a passion. Unlike traditional investments in financial assets, luxury goods can be difficult to value if one does not have an appreciation for their form. A rare painting, for example, does not generate cash flows, meaning its value is truly in the eye of the beholder. To gain some insight into the market for luxury goods, this infographic takes data from Knight Frank’s 2021 Wealth Report to compare the preferences of nine global regions."
- Rare & Limited Edition Louis Vuitton Bags - "Louis Vuitton's first Limited Edition handbag was released in 1996 to celebrate its 100-year anniversary. Called the Centenaire Collection, it came in Damier print with vachetta leather." Sotheby's.
- The History of the Hero: The HermÈs Birkin - "It’s not a bag, it’s a Birkin: this 39-year-old phenomenon is a better investment than gold."
- The Most Expensive Handbags - "List of the Top Purses by Price."
- Top 10 Most Expensive Handbag Brands in the World - MostLuxuriousList.
- Top 10 Most Expensive Handbags In The World - FashionLady.
- Top 10 Most Expensive Handbags In The World - YouTube 9:16.
- Top 10 Most Expensive Handbags In The World: Louis Vuitton, Hermes & Chanel - Financesonline.com.
- Who Makes the World’s Most Costly Purse? HermÈs vs Chanel - "Within the hallowed halls of trend, the query of who crafts the world’s most costly purse and, certainly, the perfect, has sparked many a heated debate. At the moment, the Pursuitist delves into this sartorial competition, pitting two iconic stalwarts of luxurious trend, Hermès and Chanel, towards one another. Who will emerge triumphant on this final showdown of opulence and elegance? Let’s find out."
- Who Would Pay $300,000 for a Handbag? - The New York Times.
- Why The HermÈs Birkin Bag is a Better Investment Than Gold - "Skip the gold and steer away from the tumbling stock market, according to a new study the best option for long-term investors is to buy a Hermès Birkin bag. According Baghunter, an online marketplace for buying and selling handbags, the Birkin bag outpaced both the S&P 500 and the price of gold in the last 35 years - a time period chosen to reflect the date when Birkin bags were first produced in 1981. They say that the annual return on a Birkin was 14.2%, compared to the S&P average of 8.7% a year and gold’s -1.5%."
- why the hermÈs birkin bags cost so much - "Everything you need to know about the world’s most coveted tote. What fits your personal belongings and can cost a full year’s salary - or two, or three? In the 1990s, you might have said 'a house,' but today a valid answer could also be a Hermès Birkin bag, the capacious saddle-stitched status symbol that has become A-Listers’ accessory of choice."
- Why You Should Invest in Chanel Bags - "Turns out, they may aid you in navigating the uncertain economic climate. Investments aren't just typically what you think of. There are many alternative investments such as vintage cars, fine art, wine, and luxury goods."
10 Most Expensive Women's Handbags in the World
- Asprey - Margaret Thatcher's black handbag: US$159,535.
- CHANEL - Diamond Forever Classic Bag: US$261,000.
- HERMÈS - Birkin handbag by Ginza Tanaka: US$1.4 million.
- HERMÈS - Birkin Croc Porosus Lisse handbag: US$148,000.
- HERMÈS - Crocodile Birkin with White Gold & Diamond Hardware: US$203,150.
- HERMÈS - Himalayan Crocodile Birkin handbag: US$300,168.
- Hilde Palladino - Gadino handbag: US$38,470.
- House of Mouawad - "With a value of US $3.8 million, the Mouawad 1001 Nights Diamond Purse was named as the most expensive handbag in the world by the Guinness World Records 2010. The heart-shaped purse, handcrafted from 18-karat gold, incorporates 4,517 diamonds (105 yellow, 56 pink, and 4,356 colorless diamonds) with a total weight of 381.92 carat."
- Judith Leiber - Precious Rose handbag: US$92,000.
- Lana Marks - Cleopatra clutch: US$400,000.
- LOUIS VUITTON - Tribute Patchwork bag: US$45,000.
- LOUIS VUITTON - Urban Satchel bag: US$150,000.
- Marc Jacobs - Carolyn Crocodile handbag: US$50,000.