Top 20 Jewellery Exhibitions, Fairs and Trade Shows
A TRADE FAIR (trade show, trade exhibition, or expo) is an exhibition organized so that companies in a specific industry can showcase and demonstrate their latest products and services, meet with industry partners and customers, study activities of rivals, and examine recent market trends and opportunities. In contrast to consumer fairs, only some trade fairs are open to the public, while others can only be attended by company representatives (members of the trade, e.g. professionals) and members of the press, therefore trade shows are classified as either "public" or "trade only". A few fairs are hybrids of the two; one example is the Frankfurt Book Fair, which is trade only for its first three days and open to the general public on its final two days. They are held on a continuing basis in virtually all markets and normally attract companies from around the globe. For example, in the U.S., there are currently over 10,000 trade shows held every year, and several online directories have been established to help organizers, attendees, and marketers identify appropriate events.
Jewellery Event News, Reviews & Resources
- 5 Dazzling Bejeweled Watches Unveiled At Watches & Wonders 2023 - "The luxury brands at Watches & Wonders that have both fine jewelry and watch expertise are the most prolific in producing these watches. They include Cartier, Chopard, Piaget and Van Cleef & Arpels. Meanwhile, the high fashion brand, Chanel, put its own unique spin on these timepieces."
- 10 most iconic jewels through history - "'Cursed' gemstones, beautiful emblems of famous love affairs, and symbols of dark histories - all these dazzling jewels have intriguing backstories, writes Daisy Woodward."
- 2023 TEFAF Maastricht Will Host A Breadth & Depth Of High & Historic Jewels - "For the first time in years TEFAF Maastricht will return to its normal March schedule. Last year it was held in June and the year before Covid caused its cancellation. It’s one of the oldest, largest and most prestigious art fairs in the world. This year there will be 270 dealers from approximately 20 countries presenting objects ranging from Old Master paintings, antiques and classical antiquities to modern and contemporary art, 20th-century design and works on paper. The fair will be held March 11 - 19 at the Maastricht Exhibition & Conference Centre (MECC) with two invitation-only previews on March 9 and 10."
- Art Meets Jewelry In London Ring Exhibition - "Tucked away in London's leafy Muswell Hill neighborhood, Tomfoolery is one of the city's under-the-radar secrets; a light and airy jewelry boutique that provides a neutral backdrop for flights of fancy from some of the world's most creative designers. Until the end of January, 2023, the gallery is hosting its annual ARTring exhibition, which sees 28 designers given carte blanche to create a one-of-a-kind ring especially for the showcase. It's no coincidence that while its form is strictly defined, the ring represents a rich wealth of creative possibilities."
- How to pick the right high jewellery to invest in: consider buying from Cartier, Tiffany & Co, Bulgari, Van Cleef & Arpels & other luxury brands - "Considering investing in high jewellery? Rarity is a most valuable commodity, apart from colour, clarity, cut and carat ... but don't forget ..."
- Jewels To Sparkle At The 2020 Masterpiece London Digital Art Fair - "Like nearly every other jewelry and art fair in the world, 2020 Masterpiece London was canceled due to the novel coronavirus pandemic. Organizers instead decided to move this year’s fair to an online platform titled, 'Masterpiece Online.' Among the 138 exhibitors participating in this digital forum are contemporary high jewelry artists Cindy Chao, Moussaieff, Boghossian, Fabio Salini and Chatila. Joining them are high jewelry brands, Van Cleef & Arpels, Grima, Verdura and Belperron."
- Top 100 Gems & Jewelry Events - "Ranking of popular trade fairs, trade shows & conferences you should participate. The only global event ranking table to calibrate the performance of events in their core missions after carefully considering factors like : audience reach, opportunities created, size, rating, format and international outlook."
- Trade fair - Wikipedia.
- Watches & Jewellery Trade Shows - TradeFairDates.
- World’s most valuable private jewellery collection goes on display in London - "More than 700 items collected by late Austrian art collector Heidi Horten on show before expected £120m charity auction in Geneva."
Top 20 Jewellery Exhibitions, Fairs & Trade Shows
- Antwerp Diamond Trade Fair - since 2009. "The Fair is a unique opportunity for jewellery manufacturers, designers and retailers to source their diamonds in the world's diamond capital!"
- BASELWORLD - since 1917. "Embarking on a new journey." With Baselworld having been put to rest, the MCH teams have put all their expertise and the feedback from customers, buyers, visitors into giving birth to a new platform concept: HOURUNIVERSE. An innovative platform to meet today's needs, this new concept is gearing up to unite and support a whole community that wants to regroup, make a new start and is receptive to change. Open, modern, inclusive, user-friendly, interconnected, both virtual and live, active all year round, the HOURUNIVERSE is dedicated to players in the watch, jewellery and gemstone industries, but not exclusively.
- Dubai International Jewellery Show - since 2016. "VOD Dubai International Jewellery Show is your gateway to the Middle East jewellery market. The unique jewellery event designed for trade and retail, taking place in one of the luxury destinations in the world at the Dubai World Trade Centre."
- Dubai Jewelry & Watch Fair 2022 (DJWF) - "The professional Jewelry & Watch Fair for designers, traders, manufacturers & wholesalers." Postponed.
- 34th Fine Arts Paris & La Biennale - since 1962. "The unmissable gathering that launches the cultural season every Autumn, the Biennale Paris is one of the world’s leading art events, bringing together internationally renowned art and antique dealers, design galleries, jewellers and collectors under the iconic nave of the Grand Palais." We look forward to seeing you from 21 to 26 November 2023 at the Grand Palais Éphémère.
- 5th GemGenÈve: Geneva International Gem & Jewellery Show - Established in 2018 by two Geneva dealers in jewels and precious stones, Ronny Totah and Thomas Faerber, GemGenève was conceived and devised by exhibitors, for exhibitors.
- HONG KONG INTERNATIONAL JEWELLERY SHOW - since 1966. Asia’s largest spring jewellery show will offer jewellery of all kinds as well as loose diamonds, pearls and gemstones from about 3,000 exhibitors at: Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre.
- INDIA INTERNATIONAL JEWELLERY SHOW - venue: Bombay Exhibition Centre. Organizer: The Gem & Jewellery Export Promotion Council. "A 'B2B show', which essentially permits only business visitors, Jewellery manufacturers, importers, traders, retailers & students from Gem & Jewellery Institute from India and overseas."
- Inhorgenta Munich - since 1973. "International Trade Fair for Jewelry, Watches, Design, Gemstones and Technology."
- International Jewellery London | IJL - since 1956. "London's exclusive jewellery event where talented, cutting edge British and International designers are hand-selected." International Jewellery London (IJL) is the pre-eminent annual destination for the best of British fine jewellery, as well as leading brands from around the globe.
- 50th Istanbul JEWELRY SHOW - since 1986. "The Region's Leading International Jewelry Trade Fair." As the most successful exhibition in the region, established in 1986, the Istanbul Jewelry Show provides unique business opportunities and knowledge sharing for industry professionals from across Europe to the Near East, from Russia to North Africa, from CIS Countries to the Middle East.
- Japan Jewellery Fair - "The Biggest Jewellery Fair in Japan for Professional Jewellers." October 14-16, 2020.
- Jewellery Arabia -since 1992. "The 29th Middle East International Jewellery & Watch Exhibition." Jewellery Arabia is the largest and most prestigious jewellery exhibition in the Middle East, showcasing over 550 leading manufacturers, world famous brands and unique designers from across the globe. Venue: Bahrain International Exhibition and Convention Centre.
- Masterpiece Online London Jewellery & Watches - since 2010. "Masterpiece's exhibitors span all eras and disciplines and include many of the world's most distinguished art dealerships. Scrupulous vetting and thoughtful juxtaposition allow one to encounter beautiful works of art, have one's eyes opened to the unfamiliar, and buy with confidence."
- 50th Mideast Watch & Jewellery Show - since 1993. Bi-annual exhibition. The success story of the MidEast Watch & Jewellery Show is unparalleled in the history of the regional jewellery industry. From the first event back in 1993 to the 50th edition, the show has grown to be an indispensable part of the jewellery industry and the flagship event of Expo Centre Sharjah, UAE. In light of the recent global developments around the COVID-19 virus and for health & safety reasons, in accordance with the precautionary measures taken by the UAE Government, the management of Expo Centre Sharjah has decided to combine the editions of the Watch & Jewellery Middle East Show.
- Midora Leipzig - since 1996. "Trade Fair for Watches & Jewellery." Leipziger Messe GmbH, Messe-Allee 1, 04356 Leipzig, Germany.
- New York City Jewelry & Watch Show - "The New York City Jewelry & Watch Show will take place in downtown Manhattan at the Metropolitan Pavilion. Over 100 distinguished dealers will showcase lavish array of antique and estate jewelry, vintage pieces, modern collections and fabulous watches."
- Singapore International Jewelry Expo 2021 - "This year, SIJE will present a special edition dedicated to business continuity and recovery for the jewelry trade in Singapore and the ASEAN region!" Venue: Marina Bay Sands Expo & Convention Centre.
- 20th TOP MARQUES Watches & Jewels - since 2003. At The Grimaldi Forum, 10, Princess Grace Avenue, MC 98000 MONACO. June 7-11, 2023.
- U.S. Antique Jewelry & Watch Shows - "The Producer of some of the most prestigious antiques events in the world. Presenting the most well-respected vintage and antiques purveyors from across the globe, U.S. Antique Shows serves the unique needs of the entire antiques community by showcasing a wide range of antiques, jewelry, watches, art, furniture and home décor. U.S. Antique Show events attract antique and vintage collectors, enthusiasts, designers and decorators, and world-renown vendors representing a wide range of eras and categories.
- Vietnam international jewelry fair - "VIJF is gradually becoming one of the most popular events and is appreciated as one of the biggest activities in the jewelry industry in Vietnam. The organizer is looking forward to the active participation's and support from gems and jewelry companies through the immediate registration of booths. We hope that VIJF Fair in Ho Chi Minh would be not only the most expected event of this year, but also a reliable site for domestic and international jewelry manufacturers and traders." VIJF 2020 has been postponed due to COVID-19.