Top 20 Watch Events, Exhibitions, Fairs, Trade Shows
A TRADE FAIR (trade show, trade exhibition, or expo) is an exhibition organized so that companies in a specific industry can showcase and demonstrate their latest products and services, meet with industry partners and customers, study activities of rivals, and examine recent market trends and opportunities. In contrast to consumer fairs, only some trade fairs are open to the public, while others can only be attended by company representatives (members of the trade, e.g. professionals) and members of the press, therefore trade shows are classified as either "public" or "trade only". A few fairs are hybrids of the two; one example is the Frankfurt Book Fair, which is trade only for its first three days and open to the general public on its final two days. They are held on a continuing basis in virtually all markets and normally attract companies from around the globe. For example, in the U.S., there are currently over 10,000 trade shows held every year, and several online directories have been established to help organizers, attendees, and marketers identify appropriate events.
Watch Auction News, Reviews & Resources
- 5 Dazzling Bejeweled Watches Unveiled At Watches & Wonders 2023 - "The luxury brands at Watches & Wonders that have both fine jewelry and watch expertise are the most prolific in producing these watches. They include Cartier, Chopard, Piaget and Van Cleef & Arpels. Meanwhile, the high fashion brand, Chanel, put its own unique spin on these timepieces."
- 5 Inventive Timepieces Unveiled At Watches & Wonders 2023 - "Watches & Wonders 2023 was the second since Covid-19 disrupted the world but really the first full watch fair since the global pandemic ended. Prior to its March 27 opening, the watch industry experienced several years of tremendous growth, particularly among the highest priced watches. The companies while celebrating their good fortune are also predicting a leveling off period this year."
- 5 Of The Buzziest Watches At Watches & Wonders 2023 - "These five watches were among those that were widely discussed and debated at this year’s fair."
- 8 most covetable new timepieces at Watches & Wonders 2021 - "Around this time of year, lifestyle journalists would be regaling watch enthusiasts with tales from Richemont's ritzy Watches & Wonders trade fair (formerly Salon International de la Haute Horlogerie, SIHH) at Geneva's Palexpo convention center, and the historic Baselworld, where every other watchmaker, from Alpina to Zenith, is hosted and toasted in the Herzog & de Meuron-designed Messe exhibition complex."
- 9 Best Watches From The 2020 Watches & Wonders Digital Fair - "With the world economy reeling from the coronavirus pandemic and public events shut down throughout the world, Watches & Wonders Geneva 2020 (formerly SIHH), was moved to a digital platform. Overall, the concept was well received from those in the industry."
- 365 Community - "Experience BASELWORLD 365 days a year." From September 2021, the world of watches, jewellery and gemstones will be global, varied and interconnected as BASELWORLD performs 365 days a year. The new BASELWORLD year-round digital platform has innovative features for publishing and consuming content, a ‘matchmaking’ function that optimises connecting, novel opportunities for interaction and conversation, meetings, exchanges and networking, events and launches all conceived to keep the community alive, in dialogue and vibrant throughout the year.
- Baselworld Announces Return, Sets 2022 Dates - "It's now in head-to-head competition with Watches & Wonders."
- Best in Show From Watches & Wonders 2022 - "With almost 40 brands showcasing the latest pieces, here are what we thinks are candidates for Best in Show." Monochrome.
- Best Investment Watches of 2022, From Rolex to Patek Philippe - "Here are the most collectible models from watchmaking's holy trinity: Patek Philippe, Rolex and Audemars Piguet."
- Complete List & Photos Of All Shortlisted Watches In The 2022 Grand Prix d’Horlogerie de GenÈve (GPHG) - "The Grand Prix d’Horlogerie de Genève (GPHG) has just published the list of 2022’s shortlisted (“nominated”) watches in the runup to the eagerly anticipated red-carpet event in Geneva on November 10, 2022. The 15 regular categories for 2022 are: Ladies, Ladies Complication, Men’s, Men’s Complication, Iconic, Tourbillon, Chronograph, Mechanical Exception, Calendar and Astronomy, Diver’s, Jewellery, Artistic Crafts, Petite Aiguille (watches with retail prices between 3,500 and 10,000 Swiss francs), Challenge (watches with retail prices under 3,500 Swiss francs), and a new one called Mechanical Clock. The main prize of the evening is the Aiguille d’Or, the best watch overall among the entrants, which will be voted in the room by a smaller jury chosen from the now nearly 500 Academy members."
- From Breitling to Bulgari, the Best New Watches at 2021’s Geneva Watch Days - "Whether you’re a serious collector or merely an aspiring one, it’s hard not to love a watch festival - even if it’s relatively small."
- Geneva Watch Days, 2021 - "We're bringing you all the major news - new releases, live photos, and more."
- Geneva watch fair cancelled in 2021 due to COVID-19, replaced by online event - "The Swiss Watches & Wonders show, which hoped to bring together brands like Rolex, Patek Philippe and Cartier on location in Geneva in April, will be cancelled and replaced by a purely digital event, organisers said on Tuesday."
- How The Luxury Watch World Is Surviving Covid-19: Geneva Watch Days - "The world’s first watch exhibition of 2020 takes place this week in Geneva."
- Inside the Changing Landscape of Swiss Watch Fairs - "At Geneva Watch Days 2023, CEOs of Bulgari and Breitling fuelled the fire of an ongoing rivalry with Watches and Wonders. The comments come as Swiss watchmaking’s calendar fills up with more events both in Switzerland and abroad. The watch fair rivalry, as well as the growing number of smaller fairs and events outside Switzerland, show how the Swiss industry - which for decades moved more-or-less in lockstep to help hard luxury conquer new markets around the globe - is becoming more fiercely competitive as brands fight for market share. Last week, Rolex acquired a major Swiss-based multi-brand dealer, Bucherer, as the turf war for retail locations and the marketing spotlight continue to heat up."
- Louis Moinet $380,000 Space Revolution Watch - "Currently up as a nomination for 2021 Grand Prix de la Haute Horlogerie Geneve (GPHG), the Louis Moinet Space Revolution watch takes the brand’s 'Mechanical Wonders' category of timepieces to all new heights. More than three years in the making, the new mechanism for this watch boasts multiple tourbillons that revolve around the deep-space dial along with miniature spaceships for a truly intergalactic delight. The first version of this complicated other-worldly watch was released in 2020, but the new version - complete with Red Force and Black Force spaceships - is destined for a different galaxy."
- Louis Vuitton Reveals Its Subversive Style With The Tambour Carpe Diem Watch - "Louis Vuitton hosted an unveiling of the fashion house’s latest haute watches at the Place Vendôme salons last month. It was a pandemic-safe preview ahead of the Watches & Wonders luxury fair which streams live from Geneva, starting today."
- LVMH Group Abandons Baselworld, Leaving The Show Devoid Of Anchor Watch Brands - "The Baselworld Watch and Jewelry fair is indeed having an annus horribilis, one that is likely to lead to its final demise. The LVMH Group has announced all four of its watch brands, Bulgari, TAG Heuer, Hublot and Zenith, will leave Baselworld. The news is not surprising, following an announcement on Tuesday that Rolex, Patek Philippe, Chopard, Tudor and Chanel will ditch the show in favor of creating a new event in Geneva in April 2021."
- One Watch to Rule Them All: A New Strategy Emerges at Watches & Wonders 2023 - "When you enter Palexpo, the enormous convention center that is home to Watches & Wonders, you have an immediate decision to make: right or left? A glance to the left and you see the Tudor, Rolex, and Patek Philippe booths. These brands, in a lot of ways, anchor the entire show, and dominate much of the conversation for the duration of the fair. If you look to your right, you’ll be greeted by something entirely different. This year, it was a giant Ingenieur, spread across the top of the IWC booth at the end of the hall, and it was hard not to get the message that this watch, and this watch alone, was the brand’s sole focus for Watches & Wonders this year. Building your Watches & Wonders presence around a single watch was a trend that came into sharp focus at this year’s event."
- The big winners at the 2021 Grand Prix d’Horlogerie de GenÈve Awards - "From Bulgari's Octo Finissimo Titanium Perpetual Calendar to Audemars Piguet's Royal Oak ‘Jumbo’ Extra-Thin, here we guide you through the big wins (and losses) at the GPHG."
- The Boldest, Most Exciting New Watches From the World’s Biggest Watch Show 2023 - "From A. Lange & Söhne to Zenith, the Swiss watch industry's major players just dropped new watches. Here's a first look."
- Top 10 Best Watches Of The Geneva Watch Days 2021 - "We have lined up the ten most spectacular releases from this week's show in Geneva."
- (Video) Highlights from the Time to Watches 2022 Fair - "Although Watches and Wonders 2022 dominated the news cycle for the last few weeks, it wasn’t the only show in town, literally. Alongside the massive trade show was Time to Watches, an event of 30-something brands that took place at HEAD Genève, an art and design school."
- Watches And Wonders 2022 - Wrap-Up & Highlights from Rolex, Tudor, Patek Philippe, Cartier & More - "'It’s over, ladies and gentlemen. A whole seven days of Watches And Wonders in an unseasonably cold and snowy Geneva. And as unexpected as the sub-zero temperatures and frozen precipitation were, there were plenty of surprises taking place within the beige-cloth-lined plywood walls of Palexpo. Especially in the not-so-plywood comfort of the Rolex booth. But it’s not all about Rolex. Around 38 brands shared their latest creations with us these past few days.'"
- Why The Vacheron Constantin Les Historiques 222 Is My Sublime Favorite From Watches & Wonders 2022 - "This story is about one single piece of horology. One that, for me, stood out like a shining totem in the Vacheron press releases. The Vacheron Constantin Les Historiques 222 has the power to put diamonds, tourbillons, and perpetual calendars in the shade, and it seems very familiar." Fratello.
- World Presentation of Haute Horlogerie & Jewellery | WPHH - by Franck Muller Group. January 20, 2017.
Top 20 Watch Events, Exhibitions, Fairs, Trade Shows
- 2023 NYC WINDUP WATCH FAIR - "After a two-year hiatus, we’re excited to bring the Windup Watch Fair back to NYC in October 2023. The Windup Watch Fair is a three-day-long shopping event that brings watch brands and customers together in a fun, approachable, and engaging environment. Always free and open to the public, Windup encourages everyone from seasoned collectors to first-time watch buyers to come in, take a look, and talk watches. The Windup Watch Fair has become the most popular consumer watch event in America with events annually in San Francisco and New York City. See you soon!" October 21-23, 2023, 135 W 18th ST, NYC.
- BASELWORLD - since 1917. "Embarking on a new journey." With Baselworld having been put to rest, the MCH teams have put all their expertise and the feedback from customers, buyers, visitors into giving birth to a new platform concept: HOUR UNIVERSE. An innovative platform to meet today's needs, this new concept is gearing up to unite and support a whole community that wants to regroup, make a new start and is receptive to change. Open, modern, inclusive, user-friendly, interconnected, both virtual and live, active all year round, the HOUR UNIVERSE is dedicated to players in the watch, jewellery and gemstone industries, but not exclusively.
- Dubai Jewelry & Watch Fair 2022 (DJWF) - "The professional Jewelry & Watch Fair for designers, traders, manufacturers & wholesalers." Postponed.
- DUBAI WATCH WEEK - "Reunited for a moment in time." Founded in 2015 by Ahmed Seddiqi & Sons, Dubai Watch Week is a biennial event that provides an educational platform for the purpose of sharing knowledge, building connections and celebrating watchmaking. A pioneer in the industry, Dubai Watch Week aims to bridge communities and establish itself as a key event in the Dubai calendar.
- Euro Watch Fair: Uhren BÖrse MÜnchen - since 1989. Over 30 years, more than 200 Exhibitors and in the excess of 100 brands, it is by far the best place to source and sell vintage and second-hand clocks and watches. Due to the recent developements we can not give you any information about when the next show will take place. So far, 2021 is still very uncertain and no one really can foresee, when we can start again with shows you are familiar to. Please visit us again for further developments. When there are any news concerning our show, you will find it here.
- Geneva Watch Days 2023 - "Geneva Watch Days is a decentralized and self-managed multibrand watch event during which you will discover brands' novelties in their individual showrooms." We can't all convene for the usual trade shows, but several brands have gotten together to showcase their new products in Geneva. Here you can find up-to-the-minute news and all the new releases from Geneva Watch Days. August 29th to September 2nd 2023.
- 23rd 2023 Grand Prix d'Horlogerie de GenÈve | Geneva Watchmaking Grand Prix | GPHG - created in 2001. Held annually at Geneva’s Grand Théâtre. The main objective of the Foundation of the GPHG is to contribute, thanks to its label, to promoting Swiss watchmaking and its values around the world. The 15 regular categories for 2022 are: Ladies, Ladies Complication, Men’s, Men’s Complication, Iconic, Tourbillon, Chronograph, Mechanical Exception, Calendar and Astronomy, Diver’s, Jewellery, Artistic Crafts, Petite Aiguille (watches with retail prices between 3,500 and 10,000 Swiss francs), Challenge (watches with retail prices under 3,500 Swiss francs), and a new one called Mechanical Clock. The main prize of the evening is the Aiguille d’Or, the best watch overall among the entrants, which will be voted in the room by a smaller jury chosen from the 850 Academy members. The 23rd GPHG awards ceremony will be held on 9 November 2023 at the Théâtre du Léman in Geneva.
- Hong Kong Watch & Clock Fair - since 1982. Timepiece trade show held annually in Hong Kong. It is organised by the Hong Kong Trade Development Council (HKTDC), Hong Kong Watch Manufacturers Association Ltd., and The Federation of Hong Kong Watch Trades and Industries Ltd. The fair showcases both Hong Kong and international labels. Due to the latest venue availability at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre (HKCEC), the schedules for the Hong Kong Watch & Clock Fair and Salon de TE have to be modified. After consultation with industry representatives and key stakeholders, the organisers have adjusted the schedules from September 6-10, 2022.
- Inhorgenta Munich - since 1973. "International Trade Fair for Jewelry, Watches, Design, Gemstones and Technology." April 15-19, 2021.
- 4th LVMH Watch Week 2023 - fourth edition from January 10-12, 2023. Following the tremendous success of previous editions, LVMH Watch Week is now a must rendezvous for watch industry professionals around the world, a key event that complements traditional watch trade shows.
- Masterpiece Online London Jewellery & Watches - since 2010. "Masterpiece's exhibitors span all eras and disciplines and include many of the world's most distinguished art dealerships. Scrupulous vetting and thoughtful juxtaposition allow one to encounter beautiful works of art, have one's eyes opened to the unfamiliar, and buy with confidence." June 24-29, 2021.
- 50th Mideast Watch & Jewellery Show - since 1993. Bi-annual exhibition. The success story of the MidEast Watch & Jewellery Show is unparalleled in the history of the regional jewellery industry. From the first event back in 1993 to the 50th edition, the show has grown to be an indispensable part of the jewellery industry and the flagship event of Expo Centre Sharjah, UAE. In light of the recent global developments around the COVID-19 virus and for health & safety reasons, in accordance with the precautionary measures taken by the UAE Government, the management of Expo Centre Sharjah has decided to combine the editions of the Watch & Jewellery Middle East Show. April 6-10, 2021.
- Midora Leipzig - since 1996. "Trade Fair for Watches & Jewellery." Leipziger Messe GmbH, Messe-Allee 1, 04356 Leipzig, Germany. September 3-5, 2022.
- New York City Jewelry & Watch Show - "The New York City Jewelry & Watch Show will take place in downtown Manhattan at the Metropolitan Pavilion this October 22-25, 2021. Over 100 distinguished dealers will showcase lavish array of antique and estate jewelry, vintage pieces, modern collections and fabulous watches."
- 10th Only Watch Charity Auction 2023 - since 2001. "Only Watch is a caritative biennial auction founded by Luc Pettavino that aims at raising funds to finance research to develop effective treatments for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, a neuromuscular genetic disease affecting nearly 1 boy 3,000 at birth." More than 70 million euros raised in 8 editions. 99% of proceeds go directly to research projects thanks to generous participants and partners.
- PHILLIPS Perpetual Announces A. Lange & SÖhne Exhibition in London - "Phillips Perpetual is honoured to showcase an exhibition dedicated to the early production Lange 1 and Datograph from 1994 through to 2008." Dates: 9-14 March, 2022. Location: 3rd Floor, 30 Berkeley Square, London, W1J 6EX, U.K.
- Salon International de la Haute Horlogerie | SIHH - since 1991. "New dates, new name, new format, new audiences... For its 30th edition, SIHH becomes Watches and Wonders Geneva. This must-attend event for professionals and the public confirms Geneva as the epicentre of watchmaking excellence. Since 1991, Salon International de la Haute Horlogerie has evolved in keeping with market trends. On the eve of its 30th edition, it embarks on the biggest change in its history. Watches & Wonders Geneva is an event in two parts. The exclusive Salon is the place for professionals, media and special guests of the exhibiting maisons. New for the public, 'In the City' transforms the centre of Geneva into a week-long discovery of the many facets of watchmaking excellence." March 27 - April 2, 2023.
- The London watch show 2023 - "The capital's largest ever Watch Event." The London Watch Show is like no other. We have worked hard to bring you the kind of show we want to provide to you as traders, as well the public who will be attending. We expect a minimum of 2500 public visitors over the weekend. March 25-26, 2023.
- Time to Watches 2023 - since 2022. "Time to Watches is dedicated to creating and organising events for brands and their audiences in the field of watchmaking. Time to Watches is born out of a simple observation: the world of the past, organized around a unique and global event, will no longer exist. With the gathering of the Haute Horlogerie in Geneva, it has become necessary to offer a quality alternative to the independent, resolute and creative brands not present at Watches and Wonders."
- 20th TOP MARQUES Watches & Jewels - since 2003. At The Grimaldi Forum, 10, Princess Grace Avenue, MC 98000 MONACO. June 7-11, 2023.
- U.S. Antique Jewelry & Watch Shows - "The Producer of some of the most prestigious antiques events in the world. Presenting the most well-respected vintage and antiques purveyors from across the globe, U.S. Antique Shows serves the unique needs of the entire antiques community by showcasing a wide range of antiques, jewelry, watches, art, furniture and home décor. U.S. Antique Show events attract antique and vintage collectors, enthusiasts, designers and decorators, and world-renown vendors representing a wide range of eras and categories. Las Vegas Antique Jewelry & Watch Show: August 24-26, 2021.
- Watches and Wonders - (formerly SIHH). "Talking watches, 365 days a year. Watches and Wonders is a global concept that celebrates fine watchmaking worldwide, with Geneva as its first destination." In what is an unprecedented context, and in support of the whole watch industry, the Fondation de la Haute Horlogerie has fast-tracked the digital launch of its Watches and Wonders ecosystem. This innovative platform, which goes live on April 25, 2020, gives the entire community of industry professionals, journalists, retailers, clients, collectors and everyone with an interest in watches a unique opportunity to discover the latest releases and trends for 2020 from our prestigious Maisons. Product launches, brand announcements, expert analyses, interviews with industry insiders, brand immersions and more... no matter where, no matter when, be sure to connect and stay up-to-date with all our latest news, online! March 27 - April 2, 2023.
- WatchTime New York - "WatchTime New York brings the watch community together—live and in person in 2022! Join us for a three-day event featuring watch brand presentations, industry panel discussions, and opportunities for watch collectors to engage with brands and join the conversation."