Top 15 Major International Tennis Events in the World
- 25 things guaranteed to happen at Wimbledon - The Telegraph.
- 2023 Wimbledon prize money increases to record $56.6 million - "A record $56.6 million (£44.7 million) in prize money will be available at this yearís Wimbledon, the All England Club announced on Wednesday. That represents an 11.2% increase on last yearís prize pot, with the menís and womenís singles champions each receiving close to $3 million (£2.35 million) and the runners-up almost $1.5 million (£1.175)."
- ATP WORLD TOUR CALENDAR - Association of Tennis Professionals.
- ATP WORLD TOUR FINALS - the top eight players in the men's tennis world rankings.
- LIST OF TENNIS TOURNAMENTS - Wikipedia.
- Wimbledon 2021 will go ahead without famous queue or on-site ticket resales - "Tournament returns in June after 2020 edition is cancelled."
- WTA Premier tournaments - Wikipedia.
- WTA Premier 5 tournaments - in Dubai, Rome, Cincinnati, Toronto/Montreal, and Wuhan with prize money of US$2 million.
- WTA Premier Mandatory tournaments - in Indian Wells, Key Biscayne, Madrid, and Beijing with prize money of US$4.5 million.
- WTA TOURNAMENT CALENDAR - official site of women's professional tennis.
Top 15 Tennis Events
- ASB CLASSIC - since 1986. Women's tennis tournament held in Auckland, New Zealand. This WTA Tour event is an International series tournament and is played on outdoor hardcourts.
- AUSTRALIAN OPEN - since 1905. "The Grand Slam of Asia/Pacific." The first of the four Grand Slam tennis tournaments held each year. The tournament is held in January at Melbourne Park. The tournament was held for the first time in 1905 and was last contested on grass in 1987. Since 1988, the tournament has been held on hard courts.
- BNP PARIBAS OPEN - since 1974. Also known as the Indian Wells Masters.
- China Open - since 1993. Annual professional tennis tournament held in Beijing, China. In 1998, the tournament was dropped from the ATP tour calendar, but was reinstated in 2004, the same year as the WTA Tour women's singles and doubles events, previously held in Shanghai, were moved to Beijing.
- DAVIS CUP - since 1900. "The World Cup of Tennis." The premier international team event in men's tennis.
- Donald Trump & the US Open: the rise & fall of a transactional love match - "Both parties entered into a relationship that boosted their profile in New Yorkís celebrity culture. But a parting of ways was inevitable. Donald Trumpís last trip to the US Open did not go as smoothly as his 2015 presidential campaign kickoff."
- Dubai Tennis Championships - since 1993. Held annually in Dubai, United Arab Emirates on outdoor hardcourts. The tournament takes place at the end of February and organizes a men's and women's event.
- FRENCH OPEN | ROLAND-GARROS TOURNAMENT - since 1891. The second of the Grand Slam tournaments on the annual tennis calendar held over two weeks between late May and early June at the Stade Roland Garros (2 bis, avenue Gordon Bennett, Porte Marcel Bernard, 11, avenue de la Porte d'Auteuil, 75016 Paris, France), and the premier clay court tennis tournament in the world. Billed as the most challenging of all the grand slams.
- French Open criticized for 'selfish, arrogant' rescheduling amid coronavirus outbreak - "The second grand slam of the tennis season was moved Tuesday from its original May 18 start date to run between September 20 & October 4."
- Indian Wells Masters - since 1974. Also known as BNP Paribas Open due to sponsorship reasons, is an annual tennis tournament held at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden in Indian Wells, California, United States.
- Italian Open - since 1930. Annual tennis tournament held in Rome, Italy. It is one of the most prestigious red clay tennis tournaments in the world after the French Open, with the men's competition being an ATP World Tour Masters 1000 event on the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) tour, and the women's competition being a Premier 5 event on the Women's Tennis Association (WTA) tour.
- Madrid Open - since 2002. Men's and women's professional tennis tournament, held in Madrid, Spain, in early May. The event is classified as an ATP World Tour Masters 1000 event on the Association of Tennis Professionals tour and a Premier Mandatory event on the Women's Tennis Association tour.
- Miami Open - since 1985. Also known as the Miami Masters, is an annual tennis tournament for men and women held in Key Biscayne, Florida, an island town just off the coast of Miami. The tournament is an ATP World Tour Masters 1000 event on the men's tour and a Premier Mandatory event on the women's tour, played on hard courts at the Tennis Center at Crandon Park. The event is held annually in March.
- PORSCHE TENNIS GRAND PRIX - since 1978. Tennis tournament held in Stuttgart, Germany. The tournament is the oldest women's indoor tournament in Europe.
- US OPEN - since 1881. Formally the United States Open tennis championships. Since 1987, the US Open has been chronologically the fourth and final Grand Slam tennis tournament each year. It is a hardcourt tennis tournament and held annually in August and September over a two-week period (the weeks before and after Labor Day weekend). Since 1978, the tournament has been played on acrylic hard courts at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center at Flushing Meadows-Corona Park in Queens, New York City.
- WIMBLEDON CHAMPIONSHIPS - since 1877. The tournament takes place over two weeks in late June and early July and is the third of the Grand Slam tournaments on the annual tennis calendar. It is the oldest tennis tournament in the world and is generally considered the most prestigious and also the only Major still played on grass. It has been held at the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club in the London suburb of Wimbledon (London Borough of Merton) since 1877.
- Qatar Open - since 1993. Professional tennis tournament played on outdoor hard courts. It is currently part of the ATP World Tour 250 series of the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) World Tour. It is held annually in January at the Khalifa International Tennis and Squash Complex in Doha, Qatar.