5 Best High-End Open Ear Audio Sunglasses Brands
SMARTGLASSES or SMART GLASSES are wearable computer glasses that add information alongside or to what the wearer sees. Alternatively, smartglasses are sometimes defined as wearable computer glasses that are able to change their optical properties at runtime. Smart sunglasses which are programmed to change tint by electronic means are an example of the latter type of smartglasses.
Superimposing information onto a field of view is achieved through an optical head-mounted display (OHMD) or embedded wireless glasses with transparent heads-up display (HUD) or augmented reality (AR) overlay. These systems have the capability to reflect projected digital images as well as allow the user to see through it or see better with it. While early models can perform basic tasks, such as serving as a front end display for a remote system, as in the case of smartglasses utilizing cellular technology or Wi-Fi, modern smart glasses are effectively wearable computers which can run self-contained mobile apps. Some are handsfree and can communicate with the Internet via natural language voice commands, while others use touch buttons.
Like other computers, smartglasses may collect information from internal or external sensors. It may control or retrieve data from other instruments or computers. It may support wireless technologies like Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and GPS. A small number of models run a mobile operating system and function as portable media players to send AUDIO and video files to the user via a Bluetooth or WiFi headset. Some smartglasses models also feature full lifelogging and activity tracker capability.
Audio Sunglasses News, Reviews & Resources
- BOSE FRAMES TEMPO REVIEW: THE SPECS TO BEAT - "Boseís sporty shades offer good sound, a steady fit, and total awareness. ItísItís still fair to call audio sunglasses a niche category, but with Bose offering several models, Amazon in the game, and counting recent announcements from Razer and JLab, itís certainly a growing one."
- Fauna Audio Spiro Transparent Brown Sunglasses review - "Comfortable unisex shades with taps, slides and discreet audio fit for podcasts and making calls."
- Lucyd Lyte Bluetooth Sunglasses Double As Undercover Wireless Headphones - "Bluetooth Smart Audio sunglasses are a fun and unexpected alternative to typical headphones and earbuds. Fashionable, lightweight, and easy to set-up, you just connect them to your phone, throw them on and go. No wires, no hassle."
- Razerís new Anzu smart glasses break from the pack with truly wireless audio - The Verge.
- Smartglasses - Wikipedia.
- The JLab JBuds Frames are open-ear headphones you clip to your glasses - "JLab is introducing a new Bluetooth audio gadget designed to be clipped onto your existing glasses or sunglasses. The JBuds Frames are two modules with downward-firing speakers you position right outside your ears. They are part of a resurgent trend of open-ear audio that has usually been the domain of Bluetooth-enabled sunglasses and bone-conducting bands."
- Bose Frames - "Audio Sunglasses." Exclusive Bose Open Ear Audio technology produces sound youíd never expect from sunglasses. With options available for sports and fashion. These high-gloss rectangular and cat eye sunglasses flaunt polarized lenses, premium craftsmanship, and lifelike sound thatís fuller and deeper than the original Bose Frames.
- FAUNA Designer Audio Unisex Sunglasses - with Exceptional Open-Ear Audio and Bluetooth Connectivity - Comes with Charging Case - Tinted Lenses, Spiro Transparent Brown. The Spiro Transparent Brown Designer Audio Glasses fuse fashion and technology in a comfortable, lightweight design so that you can enjoy music and take phone calls hands-free and ears-free. Features intuitive and comfortable touch control via two touchpads that are conveniently stationed on the sides of each frame. Take your calls with just one touch of your smart glasses without you or go completely hands free using your devices voice assistant.
- JBUDS FRAMES WIRELESS AUDIO FOR YOUR GLASSES - "Open-ear audio for your frames." Bring your own frames (BYOF) and weíll supply the sound. From workday calls to grocery runs or weekend hikes, JBuds Frames true wireless attachments fit any glasses or sunglasses frame offering amazing sound on-the-GO. Powerful 16mm drivers and upgraded microphones provide high quality sound, and a universal design ensures a snug fit, from thin to thick temple sizes. Enjoy 8+ hours of battery life and buttons to control your sound and access voice assistance.
- Lucyd Lyte Bluetooth Smart Audio Sunglasses - Wireless Headphones. Built-In Mic. Headphones can be dangerous outdoor because they can limit your awareness. These smart glasses change your outdoor routine: enjoy music without losing track of what's going around you or use the voice assistant for sending texts. Easy to use; there are only two buttons located in the front part of the arms. You can reach them naturally to start a call, pause music, change a song, control your volume. Connect your glasses to your laptop, smartwatch, cellphone, console, and make the most of your experience!
- Razer Anzu Smart Glasses - "Lifestyle eyewear with built-in headphones for immersive audio." Round Design - Size SM - Blue Light and Sunglass Lens Bundle. Rethink eyewear with the Razer Anzuóopen-ear audio glasses that protect your eyes and immerse your ears. With built-in speakers hidden in its frame, taking in the sights and sounds now has a whole new meaning.