Top 35 Best Bookmark & Sharing Managers / Services
In the context of the World Wide Web, a BOOKMARK is a Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) that is stored for later retrieval in any of various storage formats. All modern web browsers include bookmark features. Bookmarks are called favorites or Internet shortcuts in Internet Explorer, and by virtue of that browser's large market share, these terms have been synonymous with bookmark since the first browser war. Bookmarks are normally accessed through a menu in the user's web browser, and folders are commonly used for organization. In addition to bookmarking methods within most browsers, many external applications offer bookmark management.
A SOCIAL BOOKMARKING service is a centralized online service which enables users to add, annotate, edit, and share bookmarks of web documents. Many online bookmark management services have launched since 1996; Delicious, founded in 2003, popularized the terms "social bookmarking" and "tagging". Tagging is a significant feature of social bookmarking systems, enabling users to organize their bookmarks in flexible ways and develop shared vocabularies known as folksonomies.
Bookmark & Sharing Services News & Resources
- A1 WEBMARKS - "Anywhere 1 click away." Free service that combines the convenience of a personal webmark server with the power of social webmarking.
- ADD THIS - since 2004. "Get likes, get shares, get followers. The #1 bookmarking and sharing button on the Internet." A widely used social bookmarking service that can be integrated into a website with the use of a web widget. Once the widget is added, visitors to the website can bookmark an item using a variety of services, such as Facebook, MySpace, Google Bookmarks, Pinterest, and Twitter. The site reaches 1.3 billion unique visitors monthly and is used by more than 14 million web publishers.
- BIT.LY - "The power of the Link." A simple url shortener. Shorten, share, and track your links.
- BIZ SUGAR - "Share small business news and tips." Social bookmarking and networking site for small business and medium-sized business owners and managers. It allows you to submit, share and vote for the best business information links on the Internet.
- BLINKLIST - "Discover, blink & share." Powerful productivity tool that makes is much easier for anyone to share and save their links for later.
- BLOGMARKS - a collaborative link management project based on sharing and key-word tagging.
- BLOGTROTTR - "Delicious news, fed to your inbox." Free realtime RSS and Atom feed to email service. Get your favorite blogs, feeds, and news delivered to your inbox.
- BLURPALICIOUS - "Social Multiblogging platform where you can create, publish and share web content for free."
- BOX - "Simple, Secure Sharing." Share, manage and access all your business content online.
- BUDDY MARKS - "The online personal, group and social bookmarks manager."
- CITEULIKE - "Everyone's library." Free service for managing and discovering scholarly references.
- DEL.ICIO.US - "Never lose a link again." Delicious is a free and easy tool to save, organize and discover interesting links on the web. Search the biggest collection of bookmarks in the universe.
- DIGG - "What the Internet is talking about right now." A place for people to discover and share content from anywhere on the web.
- DIIGO - "Better reading and research with annotation, highlighter, sticky notes, archiving, bookmarking & more."
- DROPBOX - file hosting service using cloud computing. The easiest way to store, sync, and share files and folders online. free download. Free for Windows, Mac, Linux, and Mobile.
- FARK - community website that allows members to comment on a daily batch of news articles and other items from various websites. The site receives many story submissions per day and approximately 100 of them are publicly displayed on the site, spread out over the main page and tabs (Entertainment, Sports, Geek, Politics and Business).
- FOLKD.COM - "Social bookmarking and social search webservice that helps you to save and share websites you like."
- FRIEND FEED - "The easiest way to share online." Enables you to keep up-to-date on the web pages, photos, videos and music that your friends and family are sharing. It offers a unique way to discover and discuss information among friends.
- GOOGLE BOOKMARKS - "With Google Bookmarks, you can save shortcuts to your favorite webpages and navigate to them in seconds from anywhere."
- IMGUR - "The simple image sharer." Online image hosting service. Allows users to create custom image galleries and manage their images. Users can also sign in with Twitter, Google, Facebook, and Yahoo accounts.
- KIRTSY - social media platform. "Kirtsy is just like that friend who always finds the best stuff. Only better. A place to find cool things. To read smart scoop. To connect with fab ideas, exceptional people, useful information, excellent products. All of it. And more."
- LINKARENA - "Die andere Suchmaschine." Sammeln und finden. Social bookmarking.
- LINK-A-GOGO - "Need instant access to your favorite bookmarks? from any browser? With our unique dynamic bookmark toolbars you will have your favorite sites always at hand."
- LIVEJOURNAL - since 1999. "It's fast, fun, and free!". Virtual community where Internet users can keep a blog, journal or diary. LiveJournal is also the name of the free and open source server software that was designed to run the LiveJournal virtual community. Available in 32 languages.
- MISTER WONG - "Leading social bookmarking service with over 1 million users globally."
- NETVIBES - "Dashboard Everything." Leading personal start page to manage your digital life. Add widget to read your newspapers, play games, watch TV, movies, listen to podcasts, manage your links.
- NETVOUZ - "Social bookmarking service that allows you to save your favorite links online and access them from any computer, wherever you are."
- PASTEBIN.COM - "#1 paste tool since 2002." The most popular text sharing service on the internet. More and more people use a Pastebin type of service to share large amounts of text online.
- PICASA - "Organize, edit, and share your photos." A software download from Google that helps you organize, edit, and share your photos. It's free, and easy to use.
- POCKET - "When you find something you want to view later, put it in Pocket." If it's in Pocket, it's on your phone, tablet or computer. You don't even need an Internet connection. Help people who discover an interesting article, video or web page, but donít have time to view it. Once saved to Pocket, the list of content is visible on any device - phone, tablet or computer.
- REDDIT - since 2005. "The front page of the Internet." Keep up with the latest development updates, community announcements, and general reddit tomfoolery. Social news website where the registered users submit content in the form of either a link or a text "self" post. Other users then vote the submission "up" or "down", which is used to rank the post and determine its position on the site's pages and front page.
- SQUIDOO - "Squidoo is millions of useful, fun pages built by real people. Like you." Popular publishing platform and community that makes it easy for you to create "lenses" online. Lenses are pages, kind of like flyers or signposts or overview articles, that gather everything you know about your topic of interest--and snap it all into focus.
- Start.me - since 2014. "start.me is a bookmark manager that lets you easily save and organize all of your favorite webpages on a customizable dashboard. Using start.me, you'll spend less time digging for links and more time browsing them."
- STUMBLE UPON - "StumbleUpon is a giant collection of the best pages on the Internet. You tell us your interests. We recommend great websites, photos and videos. Simple." Personalized recommendations to help you discover the best of the web.
- TWITPIC - "Share your photos and videos as they happen with Twitpic."
- YAHOO BOOKMARKS - "Allow you to store your bookmarks on Yahoo and access them from anywhere with an Internet connection. In order to use Yahoo Bookmarks, you must be a registered Yahoo user."