Top 15 Greatest International Air Shows In The World
An AIR SHOW (or airshow, air fair, air tattoo) is a public event where aircraft are exhibited. They often include aerobatics demonstrations, without they are called "static air shows" with aircraft parked on the ground.
The largest air show measured by number of exhibitors and size of exhibit space is Le Bourget followed by Farnborough, while Dubai air show and Singapore Air Show are both claiming the third place. The largest air show or fly-in by number of participating airplanes is EAA AirVenture Oshkosh, commonly known as "Oshkosh" after its location in Wisconsin, with approximately 10,000 airplanes participating each year. The biggest military airshow in the world is the Royal International Air Tattoo, at RAF Fairford in England.
Air Show News, Reviews & Resources
- 6 feared dead after military planes collide at Dallas airshow - "Unclear how many were aboard aircraft at ‘America’s premier world war II airshow’."
- AIR14 - Wikipedia.
- AIR14; PAYERNE, SWISS - "Mother of all airshows." The show was organised to celebrate three anniversaries: 100 years of Swiss Military Aviation, 50 years of Patrouille Suisse and 25 years of PC-7 Team. It was the first airshow in Swiss, which was held on two consecutive weekends. The first part end of August, the second beginning September. Some impressive facts: During the four airshow-days 184 displays were flown in more than 50 hours. Over 400.000 spectators visited the Air14. They reached the airbase with 86.400 cars, 15.200 bikes and 138 special chartered trains.
- AIR SHOW - Wikipedia.
- Best Air Show Winners (2020) - USA TODAY 10Best.
- China has upgraded its best stealth fighter jet with domestic-made engines - "China has finally showed off its most advanced fighter aircraft with domestic-made engines -- a significant milestone as Beijing pushes the capabilities of its J-20 stealth jets in a bid to rival the United States' F-22."
- Dubai Airshow - Wikipedia.
- Farnborough Airshow - Wikipedia.
- International Airshow Air14 Payenne - took place at Payerne AFB military airfield of the Swiss Air Force north of Payerne in Switzerland, located approximately halfway between Lausanne and Bern, on August 30 to September 7, 2014.
- Just hot air? For all the Farnborough talk, zero-carbon flying remains years away - "Record heat reaffirms urgency to decarbonise, but technical challenge is far greater for aviation than for most other parts of economy."
- Lists of air show accidents & incidents - Wikipedia.
- List of air shows - Wikipedia.
- One dead after Canadian Snowbirds air show jet crashes into home - "At least one person has died after an aerobatic Canadian air force jet crashed into a residential neighbourhood."
- Paris Air Show - Wikipedia.
- Plane crashes at Thunder Over Michigan air show; 2 people parachute from jet - "A small jet crashed at the Thunder Over Michigan air show Sunday after both occupants ejected, officials said. The two people in the plane did not appear to be seriously injured. Two occupants parachuted from the MiG-23 fighter jet south of Willow Run Airport and landed in Belleville Lake, the Federal Aviation Administration said. The plane's occupants were being treated at a local hospital for minor injuries, Van Buren Township supervisor Kevin McNamara said."
- RAF Waddington - Wikipedia.
- Royal International Air Tattoo - Wikipedia.
- Russia's MAKS airshow showcases aviation hardware & vintage Soviet jets - CNN travel.
- Singapore Airshow - Wikipedia.
Top 15 Greatest International Air Shows
- Abbotsford International Airshow - since 1962. Held annually on the second Friday, Saturday and Sunday in August at Abbotsford International Airport in Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada. Mark your calendars for the 60th Anniversary Abbotsford International Airshow: August 5, 6 & 7, 2022.
- Airshow China - since 1996. "China International Aviation & Aerospace Exhibition (Airshow China) is the only international aerospace trade show approved by the Chinese central government, with support from Chinese aerospace industries. Featuring the display of actual products, trade talks, technological exchange and flying display, the show takes place biennially in Zhuhai, Guangdong, China. Since 1996, Airshow China has successfully taken place for 12 sessions in a row." AERO ASIA will get the new date November 8-13, 2022.
- ALBERTA INTERNATIONAL AIRSHOW - hosted by Lethbridge County Airport. Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada. RWE Events is thrilled to announce that an airshow will be coming back to the Villeneuve airport in August 13-14, 2022.
- BAHRAIN INTERNATIONAL AIRSHOW - since 2010. Biennial airshow hosted at the Sakhir Air Base in the Kingdom of Bahrain. Offering access to high-level delegations within the aerospace community all within a dedicated arena. Established in 2010, the event is renowned for its world-class facilities providing an opportunity to meet with industry peers and customers and participate in the civil and military delegations programme. Next event: November 9-11, 2022.
- Bell Fort Worth Alliance Air Show - since 1991. "Premier Civilian Airshow." The world-famous U.S. Air Force Air Demonstration Squadron will soar through the North Texas skies at the Bell Fort Worth Alliance Air Show Octover 22-23, 2022 at Fort Worth Alliance Airport.
- Bournemouth Air Platinum Jubilee Festival - since 2008. "UK's biggest air festival." Europe's largest free annual airshow held on the Bournemouth seafront. It takes place over the course of four days each August and attracted around 1,300,000 spectators last year. September 1-4, 2022
- CAF Wings Over Dallas WWII Airshow - "Join us November 11, 12, & 13, 2022 at Dallas Executive Airport for the Nation's Premiere World War II Airshow. Located at CAF National Headquarters at Dallas Executive Airport."
- DUBAI AIRSHOW - biennial show since 1989. International Aerospace exhibition. The fastest growing air show in the world's fastest growing region. Dubai Airshow 2021 was packed with everything you would expect to see at a global airshow and more. The edition featured 20+ country pavilions, 371 new exhibiting companies, 80+ startups along with a stunning aircraft display of over 160 commercial, military, and private jets including the latest Boeing 777x, Bombardier's Global 7500 and many more. November 12-14, 2023.
- FARNBOROUGH INTERNATIONAL AIRSHOW - since 1948. "Pioneer the Future." One of the world's most iconic global aviation events held biennially in Hampshire, England. Week-long event that combines a major trade exhibition for the aerospace and defence industries with a public airshow. The event is held in mid-July in even-numbered years at Farnborough Airport in Hampshire, England. The first five days (Monday to Friday) are dedicated exclusively to trade, with the final two days open to the public. July 18-22, 2022.
- ILA Berlin Air Show - since 1909. Combines a major trade exhibition for the aerospace and defence industries with a public airshow. It is held every even year at the new Berlin ExpoCenter Airport near Schönefeld, Brandenburg 18 km southeast of Berlin, Germany. From June 22-26, 2022 ILA will start with a new hybrid concept at BER Airport. With a focus on innovation, technology and sustainability, ILA covers the entire spectrum of the aerospace industry with the Aviation, Space, Defense & Security and Supplier sections. The new ILA is aimed at the trade audience and will be the meeting place for the international industry, politics, armed forces, business and science.
- MAKS - since 1992. International Aviation and Space Show is an International Air Show held near Moscow, Russia on Zhukovskiy LII air field. MAKS is an important event in Russian business. Although it started mainly as an entertainment event, the show soon became a marketplace where Russian airplane manufacturers could find export contracts and Russian air carriers could find foreign contacts. The whole event became important through CIS and neighboring countries, due to similarities of the market. The 15th International Aviation and Space Salon MAKS 2021 held on July 20-25, 2021 drew to a close. The hybrid format of the event allowed us to bring the business program and international participation to a new level. The Salon took acknowledgement as the largest business event: the amount of contracts and letters of intent reached RUB 265 bn. During six open days the air show welcomed more than 135 thousand participants and guests.
- Mid-Atlantic Air Museum's World War II Weekend - since 1990. "A Gathering of Warbirds." We are well into planning for our 31st Annual WWII Weekend which will be held on June 2-4, 2023 at the Reading Regional Airport, Reading, PA, U.S.A.
- 54th PARIS AIR SHOW - Salon international de l'aéronautique et de l'espace, Paris-Le Bourget. Established in 1909. The largest air show and aerospace-industry exhibition event in the world, measured by number of exhibitors and size of exhibit space. Since 1953 held every odd year at Le Bourget Airport in north Paris, France. See you for the 54th edition of the Paris Air Show on June 19-25, 2023.
- Royal International Air Tattoo - since 1971. "The World's Greatest Airshow!" The world's largest military air show, held annually over the third weekend in July, usually at RAF Fairford in Gloucestershire, England in support of The Royal Air Force Charitable Trust. The show typically attracts a total of 150,000 to 160,000 spectators over the weekend. The Royal International Air Tattoo will return in 2022 from 15-17 July and we are planning for it to be similar in scale to the 2019 airshow. Friday will again be the preview day with a 4 hour flying display whilst Saturday and Sunday will both be full show days with over seven hours of thrilling flying displays each day. July 14-16, 2023.
- SINGAPORE AIRSHOW - since 2008. "Asia's Largest Aerospace & Defence Event." Biennial aerospace event held in Singapore. Every two years, high-level government and military delegations, as well as senior corporate executives around the world attend the Singapore Airshow to forge partnerships and seal deals in this region. As Asia’s largest Airshow, this is the place to be for leading aerospace companies and budding players eager to make their mark in the international aerospace and defence market! February 20-25, 2024.
- Wings Over Houston Airshow | Houston Airshow - since 1985. "The CAF Wings Over Houston Airshow is an IRC 501(c)(3) community event presented by the volunteer efforts of the Houston Wing, Gulf Coast Wing, and Tora! Tora! Tora! of the Commemorative Air Force, with support from the Lone Star Flight Museum, Collings Foundation-Houston based at Ellington Airport, and the Vietnam War Flight Museum. One of the top air shows in the United States, this premier Houston event is dedicated to showcasing vintage World War II aircraft, along with the thrills of modern aviation, and has supported a variety of local and national charities during its 37-year history." The 2021 Wings Over Houston Airshow, at Ellington Airport. Featuring some of the best pilots in the world, flying for you! October 29-30, 2022.