Top 15 Best Kobe Beef | Wagyu Beef Online Stores
KOBE BEEF refers to cuts of beef from the Tajima strain of wagyu cattle, raised in Hyogo Prefecture, Japan, according to rules as set out by the Kobe Beef Marketing & Distribution Promotion Association. The meat is generally considered to be a delicacy, renowned for its flavour, tenderness, and fatty, well-marbled texture. Kobe beef can be prepared as steak, sukiyaki, shabu shabu, sashimi, and teppanyaki, and more.
WAGYU, literally "Japanese cow") refers to several breeds of cattle, the most desired of which is genetically predisposed to intense marbling and to producing a high percentage of oleaginous unsaturated fat. The meat from such wagyu cattle is known for its quality, and demands a high price. In several areas of Japan, wagyu beef is shipped carrying area names. Some examples are Kobe, Mishima, Matsusaka, Ōmi, and Sanda beef.
Kobe Beef | Wagyu Beef News, Reviews & Resources
- Can a meat-free filet mignon convert carnivores? - "When it comes to recreating the taste, texture and look of real meat, whole cuts have been called the 'holy grail' of plant-based products. But producing them is not easy. With its plant-based prime cut steak, Juicy Marbles thinks itís mastered the art. The Slovenian companyís filet mignon contains many ingredients used widely in plant-based beef - soy protein concentrate, sunflower oil, beetroot powder and yeast extract, for example - but it claims to be distinct from other brands because of its marbling effect of protein and fat."
- Eating meat without slaughtering animals may be in our future - "What if there was a way to eat meat without farming and killing billions of animals per year, contributing to the climate crisis and risking high cholesterol levels? 'Cultivated meat is real meat grown directly from animal cells,' Uma Valeti, founder and CEO of Upside Foods, said via email. 'These products are not vegan, vegetarian or plant-based - they are real meat, made without the animal.'"
- FACTS & ORIGINS OF WAGYU MEAT - Black Gold Farms.
- Fleurburger 5000 - world's most expensive burger: US$5,000 at Mandalay Bay's Fleur by Hubert Keller restaurant in Las Vegas, NV, U.S.A. Made of hand-massaged Kobe beef, served with duck foie gras and black sautéed truffles all on a toasted brioche bun, and fat gourmet potato chips on the side.
- Food's Biggest Scam: The Great Kobe Beef Lie - Forbes.
- How to cook wagyu steak, the best beef in the world - The Telegraph.
- HyŌgo Prefecture - where authentic Kobe beef is produced.
- Japanís Kobe Beef: What Makes It Special - Notes of Nomads.
- Japanese Wagyu producers hope to beef up exports as locals shy away from red meat - "An association of beef producers, wholesalers, and the city government of Matsusaka in Mie Prefecture plan to raise the quota of cattle exports. Domestic sales are declining as health concerns prompt local consumers to eat less red meat and meat with a high fat content."
- KOBE BEEF - Kobe Beef Marketing & Distribution Promotion Association. "We insure that the Kobe Beef you eat at home is safe and authentic Kobe Beef."
- KOBE BEEF - Wikipedia.
- Kumano beef - referred to as Kumanogyu, Wakayama's premium brand of beef is the lesser-known cousin of the world-renowned Kobe beef. Raised from the same breed of cow - Tajima - as Kobe and Matsusaka beef, Kumanogyu was imported from Kyoto during ancient times, when wealthy travelers brought their cows with them as they embarked on the spiritual Kumano Kodo pilgrimage in the southern part of Wakayama.
- Kumanogyu - premium brand of Wagyu beef originating in the southern Kumano region of Wakayama. It has a soft, melt-in-the-mouth texture and a slightly sweet, satisfyingly meaty flavour. Whether you choose to enjoy it in the form of a steak or at a barbecue-style yakiniku restaurant, you're in for a treat.
- Marbled meat - Wikipedia.
- Matsusaka beef - Wikipedia.
- Mishima beef - Wikipedia.
- Restaurant earns fame with $185 sandwich - "Why celebrities are obsessed with Wagyumafia, a Japanese restaurant brand famed for $185 steak sandwich."
- Sashimi - Japanese delicacy consisting of very fresh raw meat or fish sliced into thin pieces.
- Shabu-shabu - Japanese dish featuring thinly sliced beef boiled in water.
- Sukiyaki - Japanese dish, of the soup or stew type.
- Tajima cattle - Wikipedia.
- Teppanyaki - Japanese cuisine that uses an iron griddle to cook food.
- The History of Kobe Beef in Japan - by John W. Longworth.
- The tree cutting emissions from Brazilian beef - "With the help of the fast-growing eucalyptus tree, Brazil has created its first carbon-neutral beef."
- The Wagyu Olympics: The quest for the world's best beef - "Held every five years, the Zenkyo beef competition is only partially about winning. It's also about the Japanese concept of 'ikigai' and the search for the Shangri-La of steak."
- These Japanese beef croquettes are so popular there's a 30-year waitlist - If you order a box of frozen Kobe beef croquettes from Asahiya, a family-run butcher shop in Takasago City in western Japan's Hyogo Prefecture, it'll take another 30 years before you receive your order.
- Wagyu - Wikipedia.
- Wagyu beef & sea urchin: whatís on the menu when the G7 meets in Japan - "Fumio Kishida, the prime minister, reportedly intervened to ensure ingredients from Hiroshima are properly represented."
- Wagyu vs Kobe Beef - "Definitive Guide to Japanese Beef."
- World Steak Challenge: the world's best sirloin steak revealed - The Telegraph.
- Yonezawa beef - Wikipedia.
Top 15 Best Kobe Beef | Wagyu Beef Online Stores & Suppliers
- Allen Brothers - since 1893. "Wagyu and Japanese Beef." In the world of high-quality beef, there are few options that exceed Wagyu. With Wagyu beef, enjoy premium meat packed with flavor and melt in your mouth tenderness.
- Costco Wholesale - since 1976. "Japanese Wagyu Boneless Ribeye Roast." When you take your first bite of our Wagyu Ribeye you will encounter something like never before. Our prized Ribeye is heavily marbled, bursting with rich, beefy flavor, and provides a mouth-watering experience. Each bite of our Authentic Wagyu Ribeye will provide a complex beef flavor that you will remember long after you have cleaned your plate. It is tender, rich and succulent. You will not believe its unique sweetness as it melts in your mouth.
- D'Artagnan - since 1985. "Wagyu Beef." East meets west in our American Wagyu beef. The cattle are from Japanese stock, raised by experience, conscientious ranchers without antibiotics or hormones. A low-stress environment, plenty of space and a gradual feeding system in the Japanese style contribute to the amazingly tender, richly flavored and well-marbled beef.
- Direct Meats - since 1995. "Japanese Wagyu Beef." Japanese Wagyu is considered the best beef in the world for good reason. Japanese wagyu is considered the best beef in the world for good reason. Its high level intermuscular fat (marbling) gives the meat a buttery flavour that melts in your mouth. Our partnership with ADiRECT allows us to source Japanese wagyu directly from the region of Kagoshima in southern Japan where the animals are sourced from two farms and graded from A3 to A5 depending on their marbling score. We supply Kagoshima Wagyu to a number of restaurants in London including chef Wolfgang Pucks world renowned steak restaurant CUT and Sushi Samba in Heron tower.
- Exotic Meats - since 1989. "Exotic Meat Market offers Japanese Wagyu Beef, Grade A 5 in the USA since 2006. The first online retail store to offer Japanese Wagyu Beef on the Internet."
- Fine Food Specialist - since 2012. "Buy Fine Foods & Specialty Items." Lauded as the best beef money can buy, wagyu holds top spot for many on the bucket list of foods to try before you die. What is it that makes wagyu stand out from the crowded marketplace of premium beef? In a word: fat. The intricate pattern of intramuscular fat that laces through the meat makes it sensationally tender. Wagyu is a type of Japanese cattle breed, the word literally meaning Japanese cow. It is revered by chefs and food-lovers and is of such value to the Japanese economy that for many years, exporting wagyu was banned. Now that the ban has been lifted, we are delighted to be able to offer Japanese wagyu as well as our existing wagyu reared in Chile & Australia. Both varieties are incredibly special meats and nothing like the beef weíre accustomed to here in the UK...
- Gourmet Food Store - since 2003. Wagyu Beef Tenderloin Steaks MS5 from Australia by Greg Norman Signature. Greg Norman Wagyu Beef steaks are finished for a minimum of 300 days on a special Japanese formulation of grains to produce an incredibly marbled, high quality product.
- igourmet.com - since 1997. "Buy Wagyu Kobe Beef Burgers and Steaks online from igourmet.com! Please visit our online store and go shopping at the number one imported food delivery service in the USA. Kobe Beef is the highly-prized beef from black Tajima-gyu cattle of Hyogo, Japan. Kobe Beef is a delicacy in Japan, a rare cut of beef that is known for its tenderness, exquisite juicy flavor, and intense marbling."
- Kansas City Steak Company - since 1932. "American Style Kobe Steak Strips." Simply the best of the best, Kobe beef steaks are exquisitely flavored. Bred from the world-famous line of Wagyu cattle in Japan, our American Style Kobe Beef Steaks are exquisitely marbled for peak flavor and delivered in our signature black gift box. 100% satisfaction guaranteed.
- KOBE BEEF AT AMAZON.COM'S GROCERY & GOURMET FOOD - as of October 6, 2022: 69 results.
- Laurel Pine - since 2004. "Wagyu Beef :: US Kobe Beef." Wagyu is the breed of cattle raised in Kobe, Japan to produce the famous "Kobe Beef". Japanese Kobe Beef is currently not imported to the US because the demand for Kobe Beef in Japan exceeds the available supply. Mishima Ranch produces extraordinary beef that has all the richness that comes from Wagyu Beef, combined with the flavor of a top quality American steak (cross breed of Angus/Wagyu). We also offer pasture-raised, grass fed beef, and pasture-raised grass fed lamb. Call us if you need help making your selection.
- LOBEL'S of New York - founded in 1840. "Lobelís American Wagyu. Exquisite Marbling, the Height of Luxury Beef." Wagyu is a breed of cattle naturally predisposed to produce beef that is densely marbled. In fact, Wagyu beef surpasses USDA marbling standards for prime-grade beef. Lobel's American Wagyu is densely marbled, exceeding USDA standards for prime grade. Using the 12-point marbling score scale, our Wagyu will score 9 points or higher. At that level, the Wagyu is marbling is abundant and evenly distributed throughout the meat. Often referred to as the "foie gras of beef," Wagyu has an exquisitely tender texture and incomparable, luxurious taste.
- Snake River Farms - since 1998. "Award-winning American Wagyu and Kobe Beef Online." Snake River Farms is the premier producer of American Wagyu steaks and roasts. Our beef is coveted by award-winning chefs and served in top-rated restaurants throughout the world.
- WAGYU MEAT AT AMAZON.COM'S GROCERY & GOURMET FOOD - as of October 6, 2022: 92 results.
- Warrendale Wagyu - since 2017. "Producing the finest quality British grown Wagyu Beef." We specialise in just Wagyu beef and distribute right around the world.