Top 50 Best Online High-End Fashion/Luxury Stores
ONLINE SHOPPING or online retailing is a form of electronic commerce allowing consumers to directly buy goods or services from a seller over the Internet without an intermediary service. An online shop, e-shop, e-store, Internet shop, web-shop, web-store, online store, or virtual store evokes the physical analogy of buying products or services at a bricks-and-mortar retailer or shopping center. The process is called business-to-consumer (B2C) online shopping. When a business
buys from another business it is called business-to-business (B2B) online shopping. The largest online retailing corporations are E-Bay and Amazon.com, both of which are based in the US.
Consumers find a product of interest by visiting the website of the retailer directly or by searching among alternative vendors using a shopping search engine. Once a particular product has been found on the website of the seller, most online retailers use shopping cart software to allow the consumer to accumulate multiple items and to adjust quantities, like filling a physical shopping cart or basket in a conventional store. A "checkout" process follows (continuing the physical-store analogy) in which payment and delivery information is collected, if necessary. Some stores allow consumers to sign up for a permanent online account so that some or all of this information only needs to be entered once. The consumer often receives an e-mail confirmation once the transaction is complete. Online shoppers commonly use a credit card to make payments. Some sites will not accept international credit cards. Some require both the purchaser's billing address and shipping address to be in the same country in which the site does its business. Other sites allow customers from any country to send gifts anywhere. The financial part of a transaction might be processed in real time (for example, letting the consumer know their credit card was declined before they log off), or might be done later as part of the fulfillment process.
Customers are attracted to online shopping not only because of the high level of convenience, but also because of the broader selection, competitive pricing, and greater access to information. Business organizations seek to offer online shopping because it is much lower cost compared to bricks and mortar stores, offers access to a world wide market, increases customer value and builds sustainable capabilities. Designers of online shops are concerned with the effects of information load - whether consumers can be given too much information in virtual shopping environments. Information load is a product of the spatial and temporal arrangements of stimuli in the webstore. Compared with conventional retail shopping, the information environment of virtual shopping is enhanced by providing additional product information such as comparative products and services as well as various alternatives and attributes of each alternative, etc. A successful webstore is not just a good looking website with dynamic technical features, listed in many search engines. In addition to disseminating information, it is about building relationships and making money. E-commerce B2C product sales totaled US$142.5 billion, representing about 8% of retail product sales in the United States. The US$26 billion worth of clothes sold online represented about 13% of the domestic market,
and with 72% of women looking online for apparel, it has become one of the most popular cross-shopping categories. Forrester Research estimates that the United States online retail industry will be worth US$279 billion in 2015.
In the event of a problem with the item it is not what the consumer ordered, or it is not what they expected—consumers are concerned with the ease with which they can return an item for the correct one or for a refund. Consumers may need to contact the retailer, visit the post office and pay return shipping, and then wait for a replacement or refund. Some online companies have more generous return policies to compensate for the traditional advantage of physical stores. For example, the online shoe retailer Zappos.com includes labels for free return shipping, and does not charge a restocking fee, even for returns which are not the result of merchant error.
One advantage of shopping online is being able to quickly seek out deals for items or services with many different vendors (though some local search engines do exist to help consumers locate products for sale in nearby stores). Search engines, online price comparison services and discovery shopping engines can be used to look up sellers of a particular product or service. Shipping costs (if applicable) reduce the price advantage of online merchandise, though depending on the jurisdiction, a lack of sales tax may compensate for this. Shipping a small number of items, especially from another country, is much more expensive than making the larger shipments bricks-and-mortar retailers order. Some retailers (especially those selling small, high-value items like electronics) offer free shipping on sufficiently large orders. Another major advantage for retailers is the ability to rapidly switch suppliers and vendors without disrupting users' shopping experience.
- 10 CORSO COMO - men's & women's fashion, fragrances, beauty, jewellery, bags, shoes, design, and more.
- A Suitable Wardrobe - San Francisco Bay area-based publisher and online retailer of classic clothing and accessories for well dressed men. The A Suitable Wardrobe website combines a store that offers a variety of world-class clothing, shoes and accessories, much of it made by hand, with an award-winning online publication about classic men's clothing and style.
- AMAZON.COM'S ONLINE STORE
- AMERICAN RAG COMPAGNIE - one of the most innovative and trendsetting retailers in the United States.
- APOLIS - "Global Citizen." Our business model bridges commerce and sustainable development. A model which we call advocacy through industry."
- ASOS - "The online fashion store." Women's fashion and men's clothing.
- BARNEYS NEW YORK - "Luxury Men's & Women's Designer Handbags, Shoes and Clothing."
- BERGDORF GOODMAN - free online shipping.
- BLOOMINGDALE'S - designer dresses, clothes, shoes, handbags, cosmetics, more.
- BLUEFLY - "The ultimate hook-up for the fashion obsessed." Designer clothing, handbags, shoes & accessories (Prada, Fendi, Gucci & more) at discount prices.
- BOUTIQUES.COM - "Shop boutiques is a personalized shopping experience, brought to you by Google, that lets you find and discover fashion goods through a collection of boutiques curated by style icons - celebrities, stylists, designers, and fashion bloggers, and you." Designer shoes, dresses, handbags.
- BROWNS FASHION - designer fashion: womens and mens designer clothes and more.
- COLETTE - e-shop. Men & women: clothes, shoes, beauté, handbags, bijoux, jewelry, sunglasses, accessories.
- COUTURE LAB - "The physical and virtual space for the demanding and discerning global clientele." Luxury brands and designers for men and women.
- DAVINCI VARESE - women's accessories, bags, fashion, fragrances, shoes.
- ELEONORA BONUCCI - luxury worldwide shopping.
- ERIC BOMPARD - "Ready to wear cashmere for women, men and children."
- FARFETCH.COM - "Shop The World's Best Boutiques." Online marketplace for independent fashion boutiques globally. We handpick our boutique partners for their forward-thinking taste and unique viewpoint on fashion. You can shop from any boutique within our network and have your order delivered to your door direct from the boutique itself.
- GIFT-LIBRARY.com - "A bespoke service providing select luxury gifts." Your online destination for beautiful gifts. Gift Library offers a unique combination of personal shopping and fulfilment for high-end luxury gifts matched with the efficiencies, reach and economic scale of the internet.
- GROUPON - "Collective Buying Power." Deal-of-the-day website that is localized to major geographic markets in the United States and Canada. As of October 2010, Groupon serves more than 150 markets in North America and 100 markets in Europe, Asia and South America.
- HARRODS - "Your online luxury destination."
- HENRY BEGUELIN - USA online accessories, fashion and furniture store.
- Indochino - since 2006. "Indochino is the leader in custom online menswear. We provide the modern gentleman with high quality menswear that fits your body perfectly. Our quick 10 minute measurement process can be done from the comfort of your own home; no tailor required. All of our products are hand tailored and delivered to any part of the world within 4 weeks. Indochino makes it easy and affordable for customers to get custom tailored menswear for a look that is professional, fashionable and truly sophisticated."
- INTERMIX ONLINE - "Shop Fashion Designers and Trendsetting Styles."
- KIRNA ZABÊTE - "The Latest, the Greatest." The best Fashion designers of today and tomorrow.
- L'Anatra d'Oro Boutique Toscana - "Beauty is in the details. Add a touch of luxury and whimsy to your home interior. You'll find selected elegant-chic decorative objects, handcrafted in Tuscany by skilled italian artisans.Unique and high class accessories and accents for every rooms: from crystalware to handcrafted bronze art, from fine italian home linens to tuscan beauty products and home & office fragrances."
- L'ECLAIREUR E-SHOP - proposing a selection of unique designers and offering an original selection of clothes, bags, shoes, accessories, jewelry, art and design objects. Created by utterly iconoclast trend-spotters Martine and Armand Hadida owners of the iconic French L'Éclaireur boutiques in Paris since 1980.
- LEAM - luxury shopping online.
- LN-CC - "Huge Range of Brands. Mens & Womenswear." LN-CC is a progressive retail concept comprising of clothing, music & books, combining an evolving online presence with a unique London store space.
- LUISAVIAROMA - luxury shopping, worldwide shipping. "For over seventy years LUISAVIAROMA has been serving the unique needs of the luxury market in the heart of Florence, Italy with a wide selection from over 400 Designer collections like Dior Homme, Dsquared2, Dolce&Gabbana, Christian Louboutin, Lanvin, Moncler, Marc Jacobs, Chloè and more."
- MATCHES - "Women's & Men's Luxury Designer Clothing, Shoes & Bags."
- MR PORTER - online retail destination for men's style, offering over 80 of the world's leading brands.
- MYBAG.COM - luxury luggage.
- MY-WARDROBE.COM - "The premier destination for everyday luxury designer fashion for men and women. Shop for the latest designer clothes, shoes, dresses, bags and menswear and tune in for daily up-to-the-minute fashion trend reports."
- MYTHERESA.COM - "Luxury Fashion for Women." Germany’s leading online shop, offering fashion savvy customers world wide a well edited selection of today’s top brands and emerging collections, hassle free twenty-four hours a day.
- NATHALIE SCHUTERMAN WEBSHOP - men's & women's high-end luxury clothing, shoes, bags, accessories.
- NEIMAN MARCUS - fashion's premier designers, plus beauty's best brands.
- NET-A-PORTER - "World's premier online luxury fashion retailer." Designer clothes, shoes, bags and accessories for women.
- NORDSTROM - "Shop from over 500 top brands: designer apparel, shoes, jewelry, cosmetics, fragrances and accessories for women, men and kids."
- OKI-NI - "Shop exclusive the most inspiring designer menswear brands and products available at oki-ni.com."
- OPENING CEREMONY - multifaceted environment comprised of retail spaces, showroom, and gallery that establishes a new international creative forum. Opening Ceremony brings together emerging American talent with both young and established designers and artists from abroad.
- POLYVORE - The New Yorker profiled Polyvore calling it a "fashion democracy" and a "world of virtual Anna Wintours" in March 2010.
- RAFFAELLO NETWORK - since 1998. Designer clothing online store for men, women and kids.
- RUBINACCI SHOP - "Rubinacci and his creations. Directly to you, wherever you are. All in one click." Mens and womens fashion, perfumes and luxury accessories.
- SAKS FIFTH AVENUE - international shipping to 91 countries.
- SCOOP NYC - "The iconic New York City boutique for men and women, brings to you a highly edited selection of the season’s best fashion items from both internationally acclaimed and young emerging designers."
- SHOEBUY.COM - "The World's Largest Site For Shoes."
- SHOPBOB - "Designer Women's Fashion Brands."
- SHOPSTYLE - "The online equivalent of browsing the aisles of the world's most fabulous store." Shoes, jewelry, dresses and clothes.
- STYLEBOP - "Luxury fashion online."
- SVPPLY - "Svpply is a curated collection of the world's best products and stores."
- THE CORNER - "A Cutting-Edge Selection for Fashion Connoisseurs."
- THE OUTNET - "Shop discount designer womenswear and accessories from the world's most fashionable fashion outlet."
- TOPSHOP - womens clothing & fashion. International delivery. 300 new styles added each week.
- TRÈS BIEN SHOP - "Often imitated, never duplicated." Carries all the designers of the moment, French, American and Scandinavian.
- TRUSSARDI ONLINE STORE - specialized in clothing and accessories for men and women: Made in Italy.
- WINGTIP - "Solutions for the Modern Gentleman. Wingtip is committed to outfitting the modern gentleman with solutions that acknowledge his discerning tastes and busy schedule. Our mission is to edit the world of choices available to our customer in such a way that you can be confident that every purchase is a stylish one."
- YOOX.COM - established in 2000, is the leading virtual store for multi-brand fashion and design in the world. Thanks to long-standing direct relationships with designers, manufacturers and official retailers worldwide, yoox.com offers a never-ending selection of products that are hard-to-find elsewhere, including: an edited range of end-of-season clothing and accessories from the world’s most prestigious designers; exclusive capsule collections; a unique assortment of home design objects and rare vintage finds and art books.
- ZAPPOS.COM - "Founded in 1999 with the goal of becoming the premiere destination for online shoes. Since then, we've become much more than just an online shoe store. Our unwavering focus on superior customer service has allowed us to expand our online offerings to include handbags, clothing and so much more!"